Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I would like a Vodka Tonic with Ice and a wedge of Lime.

"NON."
    The finality and disdain of his response brooked little in the way of argument. Non it was.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

I don't drink coffee...ever. Maybe twice in my life. I feel weird.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post

Give it to me black and hot and I am all set.
    Just stick it in the microwave for :30 and you're good to go...

mildly NSFW

Hey, you asked for it.

How could anyone argue with an untainted americano? I jump between black coffee and americanos depending upon the hold up at the coffee machine. Busy = drip. Not busy = americano.

Espresso plus a dash of hot water can be tastier than drip, and just as visceral, especially if you are forced to drink weak-ass shit from chain spots.

Seattle coffee worth its salt:
    - Herkimer
    - Fuel
    - Ladro
    - Lighthouse
    - My buddy's new Cafe Appassionato on 45th and Stone (spam). Underlying coffee he uses is decent, but a good bean jockey can make it sing.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Seattle coffee worth its salt:
    - Herkimer
    - Fuel
    - Ladro
    - Lighthouse
    - My buddy's new Cafe Appassionato on 45th and Stone (spam). Underlying coffee he uses is decent, but a good bean jockey can make it sing.
    - VICTROLA <- Personally my favorite.
    - Lighthouse - Seconded - C&P in West Seattle is old Lighthouse people who opened their own shop. Just as good if not better because Cameron pulls a mean shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    - VICTROLA <- Personally my favorite.
    - Lighthouse - Seconded - C&P in West Seattle is old Lighthouse people who opened their own shop. Just as good if not better because Cameron pulls a mean shot.
    Nice, I drive by that place sometimes but haven't stopped in. Will do now.

Also, forgot to add that Stumptown makes some good black stuff.

And for slightly less common stuff, Blue Star Coffee Roasters out of Winthrop WA makes some of the best coffee I have tried lately. Also, Backcountry Coffee Roasters from the same area is fuckin guud.

Helldawg Guest
    Hey KQ, I got your foam right here...

americano.

let's take a cup of hot water, and add an espresso to it.

surprisingly enough, it tastes like watered down espresso. imagine that.

"NON."
    That's crazy, what DO they drink?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I like my coffee like I like my women. White.

Wait, that doesn't work.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

devil's advocate

I'm actually of two minds on this. I mean, you're the customer, you should be able to get what you want. On the other hand, if the guy takes any pride in his craft and has any passion for coffee as a beverage, he's probably justifiably pissed at the grande-venti-decaf-double-foam-caramelized-mocha-latte bullshit that has befallen the US coffee retail industry with Starbucks leading the charge.

Imagine you've just spent five years ski guiding/instructing in La Grave and you move home to Colorado and some gal from NYC out for a learn to ski week lays down her wad-o'-dough and tells you she wants to learn to ski with her feet glued together and her hips wiggling just like the all her cougar friends in Aspen. Do you give her what she wants, or do you try and show her a better way? I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    The finality and disdain of his response brooked little in the way of argument. Non it was.
    Truly I was honored to get a verbal response at all, but then again Southern France is known for it's leniency to foreigners vs. their Parisian counterparts. It's not just a French thang either - In Naples they would have merely raised their chin and sucked some air through their teeth.

Coffee culture frightens and confuses me. I think I will switch to Sanka gently sipped from a used condom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/10/di...ewanted=1&8dpc

"Some of the obsessiveness may get a bit off-putting. Want an espresso to go at Ninth Street Espresso? Forget it. The baristas there believe it should be drunk immediately from a warm ceramic cup. Want a cappuccino made from single-origin beans at Kaffe 1668? Sorry, you’ll be told, but milk would overpower the subtle flavors of the coffee. Wonder why the barista pulled and tossed out two shots of espresso before she served you yours? She was making sure it was perfect, the coffee evenly tamped, the water temperature ideal for the particular beans, the timing just right. (The best baristas will “dial in” throughout the day, tasting the espresso and adjusting the grind and dose.)"
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Joe I think that's more just NYC pretentiousness or at least that's my opinion based on having to listen to my sister-in-law prattle about how great it is to live there. That said the baristas are probably right but fuck that and get me my god damned caffeine.

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles. ~Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Coffee culture frightens and confuses me. I think I will switch to Sanka gently sipped from a used condom.
    FTW......

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I don't drink coffee...ever. Maybe twice in my life. I feel weird.
    I am the polar opposite of you!

I have been drinking coffee since babyhood. It is the substance from which my very bones and internal organs werez constructed of. Seriously man, my parents are Cuban and I remember being fed warm milk w/ two heaping tablespoons of sugar and a full shot of cuban expresso out of a baby bottle that had the nipple sliced with a big "X" to allow me to gulp this devil's brew down at breakneck speed to my little heart's content. I always asked for (and got) a follow-up coffee-bottle. Of course I was a completely spastic, crazy child...but nobody (including me) would ever have it any other way. Well, maybe a few of my teachers would beg to differ.

By the way, I don't drink my coffee this way anymore. I now drink it from a mug.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

McDonald's drive-thru. Order it BLACK. Quit being a fag.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    (The best baristas will “dial in” throughout the day, tasting the espresso and adjusting the grind and dose.)"
    Huh that's kinda funny, I used to do the same thing when I tended bar, 'cept with the black pints instead of coffee. Just makin' sure the pour is dialed.

They still canned my ass for being pissed while workin'
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    Tell me about it. (Back before I quit coffee) I'd order a venti americano in a grande cup aka a quad grande americano. Without fail they'll charge you for a grande + an extra shot, as opposed to a venti, which is cheaper but contains the exact same amount of espresso. Yea, only like 40 cents difference but it really irritating when you order from the same barista every day and you have to coach em up, every day.
    Why you be coachin' the barista dude to get it up every day?

(The first half of yer post is gay. wtf is wrong with small, medium or large eh?)
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    I'm actually of two minds on this. I mean, you're the customer, you should be able to get what you want. On the other hand, if the guy takes any pride in his craft and has any passion for coffee as a beverage, he's probably justifiably pissed at the grande-venti-decaf-double-foam-caramelized-mocha-latte bullshit that has befallen the US coffee retail industry with Starbucks leading the charge.

Imagine you've just spent five years ski guiding/instructing in La Grave and you move home to Colorado and some gal from NYC out for a learn to ski week lays down her wad-o'-dough and tells you she wants to learn to ski with her feet glued together and her hips wiggling just like the all her cougar friends in Aspen. Do you give her what she wants, or do you try and show her a better way? I dunno...
    The choice you make here is whether to take the broad's money and give her what she wants or watch her spend her money with someone else who will give her what she wants.

I guess that comes down to how poor you are and how strong your convictions.

And KQ- I can't believe a place like that will stay in business for very long in Walla Walla. Downtown Seattle, maybe.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Today's coffeehouse irony, the barista who serves me coffee dyed her hair black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Truly I was honored to get a verbal response at all, but then again Southern France is known for it's leniency to foreigners vs. their Parisian counterparts. It's not just a French thang either - In Naples they would have merely raised their chin and sucked some air through their teeth.
    Stop being difficult and just order the pastis!

My morning redbull comes perfect out of the can every, single, time.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

"NON."
    They didn't stock ice?