Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My friend will likely be selling his house in Cool (Aurburn Lake Trails HO). There's no lake because the Auburn Dam was never finished. Cool is a great Western Slope suburb with relatively easy access to Auburn, and Folsum, and Placerville.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Roseville / Folsom CA Beta Needed

I’ve lived here almost two years now coming from Boston. Only downside is that the summers are hot and smoky and there’s a small chance your house burns down. But not much worse than Boston summers with the humidity. As others have said you are super close to most outdoor pursuits. This area definitely has its share of Trump supporters / rednecks. If you think you’ll find mostly stereotypical Californians, you won’t. There are a lot of good schools around, some not great ones too so check that out if it matters to you. Realize that traffic to get to skiing can be absolutely paralyzing, especially if going to Squaw or Kirkwood. Oh, one other negative is that all the plants generally become some sort of sticker, burr, thorn, etc once it stops raining in April / May.

The good news is that usually you have to mow for a few months then everything can’t grow unless it is watered. Droughtscaping plus a little piece of irrigated grass is the way to go IMO.

There are a ton of pretty cool and funky houses in Penryn, Newcastle, Auburn, etc. Lots of old people by me whose retirement homes are about to go on the market. Near me there are everything from gaudy $3m estates to $350 ranches. We bought our place mostly for the view. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1054.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	285645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560377182.568894.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	555.8 KB 
ID:	285646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0577.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	285648

Obviously you decide Roseville vs Folsom based on where you want to ski. The other differences between the two aren't enough to make a difference. Sugarbowl and even Squalpine are a reasonable day trip from Roseville if you can get a weekday off or early and late season--people day ski on the weekends midseason of course but the traffic is usually bad enough to suck the joy out of it.
    From Roseville, especially on the east side of it you can make Sugarbowl in an hour on dry roads in low traffic.

^Sweet views above. Thanks for the comments so far (my question was last post first page...)

I'm partial to the Hwy 50 corridor, Roseville gets pretty suburbia. Sac is pound for pound one of the best cities in CA in my opinion. lots of good shit within 1-2 hours lots of amazing shit 3-4 hours away- North coast, eastside, Shasta, Yosemite, a dozen sick rivers, etc. The town has lots of great bars, pubs, and restaurants.
    Hello darkness my old friend

FWIW, my cousin’s kid just graduated Vista del Lago HS in Folsom and sounded like a great experience for her. Smaller and more academic than the other Folsom HS

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    FWIW, my cousin’s kid just graduated Vista del Lago HS in Folsom and sounded like a great experience for her. Smaller and more academic than the other Folsom HS
    Nice, the good thing for the parents is that school districts are no longer a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I'm partial to the Hwy 50 corridor, Roseville gets pretty suburbia. Sac is pound for pound one of the best cities in CA in my opinion. lots of good shit within 1-2 hours lots of amazing shit 3-4 hours away- North coast, eastside, Shasta, Yosemite, a dozen sick rivers, etc. The town has lots of great bars, pubs, and restaurants.
    Good to know!