Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Tom Delay is an insensitive douche!

A BIG FUCK YOU to Tom Delay for his comment that "people are unemployed because they want to be".
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Tom Delay is totally wrong. People are un-employed because of Obama and the Democrats.

I know- it's not their fault they were born lazy. They prolly had lazy parents
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

doughboyshredder Guest
    maybe insensitive, but also partially correct.

I know multiple people that didn't even start looking for work until their unemployment benefits were about to run out. And then when congress authorized another extension the urgency to find work disappeared.

I also can say that when I was younger as long as I had my unenjoyment check I wasn't looking for work. One week before benefits ran out I got a job.

I know that there are a lot of people that are actively looking for employment just as hard as they would be without their unemployment check, but I would bet they are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    A BIG ... to Tom Delay for his comment that "people are unemployed because they want to be".
    to be fair, you can't quote him as saying that.

Here to say Daschle IS a douche on so many levels.

and many (though not even a majority) of folks on unenJOYment are not trying too hard to get work.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Perhaps maybe you take this thread to where all the unemployed people normally hang out:

Political Asshattery!!!
    You've been warned....

Quote Originally Posted by Wong_Fowum_Jong View Post
    Perhaps maybe you take this thread to where all the unemployed people normally hang out:

Political Asshattery!!!
    Perhaps you should fuck yourself and ask me if I care?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

This is news?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Perhaps you should fuck yourself and ask me if I care?
    Somebody capable of getting off their ass and finding a new job would also be capable of posting this in the correct forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

A BIG FUCK YOU to Tom Delay for his comment that "people are unemployed because they want to be".
    You are quoting an article title, not his words.

Here is the quote
    "You know," Delay said, "there is an argument to be made that these extensions, the unemployment benefits keeps people from going and finding jobs. In fact there are some studies that have been done that show people stay on unemployment compensation and they don't look for a job until two or three weeks before they know the benefits are going to run out.

Why does this make him a douche?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pics including altimeter reading or it didnt happen.

I met this guy on unemployment... he was on a ski vacation in Park City. I wouldn't want a job either.

Unfortunately, in the world of morality, even men in clown suits aren't allowed to steal.

Yes yes of course. Everyone that receives unemployment benefits just sits around on their ass all day watching Judge Judy. This and all the people panhandling are ACTUALLY really rich! I swear it's true I heard it on the internet and that one guy at work told me so....

Are there SOME lazy pukes who won't look for work as long as they're getting funemployment? Yep, sure. Is it EVERYONE? or even the barest of minorities? No, of course not. But that's not gonna keep some fuckass like Tom Fucking DeLay make some moronic retarded statement in an attempt to help out his (former) team. Really Thomas, you're not even in the fucking game anymore, do you really need to talk shit about the masses of suffering unemployed Americans struggling during this economic crisis? Just to further your side's absurd fantasies?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill Hammer View Post

Are there SOME lazy pukes who won't look for work as long as they're getting funemployment? Yep, sure. Is it EVERYONE? or even the barest of minorities? No, of course not.
    I know 6 people on unemployment. 1 is actively looking for a job. That is a minority. The other 5 play video games and hang out...sometimes working under the table for a little extra on the side.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I know 6 people on unemployment. 1 is actively looking for a job. That is a minority. The other 5 play video games and hang out...sometimes working under the table for a little extra on the side.
    Pretty standard. I wasn't overly concerned with looking for a job while I was collecting unemployment. Sure if the perfect match came along I would apply and do everything I could to get it. But, I certainly was not pounding the pavement and refused to look at anything that would have me making significantly less than I had been or any job I thought was beneath my qualifications. Eventually I took something in a less than ideal situation (good job, bad location) only because I thought the gravy train was coming to an end.

If I had known what I know now, I would probably would still be out skiing.
    Last edited by Missing Sock; 03-08-2010 at 04:48 PM.

^^Ding Ding Ding^^

Of the people I know who've been on unemployment, unemployment benefits have basically just caused them to be pickier. They would take the great job that came along, but not the good, halfway decent or crappy jobs.

Assuming you are in a town with somewhat of a population base (>20,000 peeps in the local area), you CAN FIND A JOB without having to move. It probably won't be the dream job, better than the job you lost or even in your field, but if you've got half a brain and a willingness to do work outside of your comfort zone (both work and $$ wise), you can be employed.

Some people either are "too good" to be dishwashers or they make more $$ by collecting benefits than they do by working a menial job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

With a +9% unemployment rate, the Hammer is showing his dumbassness, there’s more unemployed people than available jobs.

Purely anecdotal, but my unemployed friends act like they’re too good to deliver pizzas or wait tables… and they’ve got kids to feed. I’ve forwarded several job opportunities to them but the reality is they make more (temporarily) on unenjoyment than they do working.

Speaking of insensitive, while we received likely the best dump all season last Friday, I had to work. My unemployed friends sent me texts and photos of the epic day they were enjoying, rubbing it in. I’m considering sending them a photo of my next paycheck.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

Put me in the insensitive douche group as well. I don't believe that everyone on unemployment is lazy or not looking for a job, but I have seen more than a few people sit around and collect a check while playing Call of Duty all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

shouldn't Tom Delay be in prison somewhere getting his ass pounded?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    You are quoting an article title, not his words.
    Yabbut - reading that whole article for what he actually said is reely hard and inconvenient. It'smuch easier to form an opinion on somebody by the nice big glaring boldface title. Next thing you know you'll be insisting that people actually start thinking for themselves instead of just regurgitating something they (kinda) read somewhere. Meanyhead.

Party pooper!

Indignant headline readers...sheeesh

Based on this survey sample of 1, being unemployed and having poor reading comprehension are highly correlated. So is being unemployed and being irrationally defensive.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Obviously the unemployment rate is tied to how much people want to get a job.

i was laid off in 99. Got a package, collected unemployment, smoked pot and played video games for 6 months. What else am i going to do when im 25 years old and my company just cut me a check for 6 months of work?

WOW! I'm glad this wasn't posted in Asshattery. Here in the regular world, people see the truth. this is Delay's quote...

"You know," Delay said, "there is an argument to be made that these extensions, the unemployment benefits keeps people from going and finding jobs. In fact there are some studies that have been done that show people stay on unemployment compensation and they don't look for a job until two or three weeks before they know the benefits are going to run out.

The posters here generally agree with Delay. They would call him a big loser over in asshattery. I also know many people milking the unempolyment titty.

The government isn't smart enough to know that you get MORE of what you pay people to do. Pay someone to be unemployed and they'll do just that.

Maybe we should pay much less. Mac and Cheese money only.

Too bad Delay is a nobody now. Why can current politicians tell the truth??