WTT Praxis Pow for ARG

These were up a few months ago for trade- got lots of offers, but the owner of the Praxis prefers a trade for ARGs. Had an offer from a low post guy, then he disappeared...

Why? I guess, more specifically, why not the Protest?

Curious purely from a tech talk pov. I have the Pows. Love them until I hit a packed run out. Thought about ARG/Protest and if it would (1) make a significant difference on packed and (2) if I'd be giving up much in the fluff.

Ottime,
    I have the Praxis Pow, one of my brothers has the ARG's the other brother has the Protests. The Pow's and ARG's ski grommers the same, but the ARG get's knocked around much more in heavy or chopped up stuff. The Protests are not as smeary as the pow, but handle grommers much better. I might go from the Pow's to the Protest, but I would never go to the ARG's. $.02
    Thanks Shane

^^ cpj.slc
    Too true.... No one in their right mind would trade a pair of praxis pows for a pair of args... they ski quite similar but the pows are just stiffer and the build on them is just better....

you guys are ruining the chance for someone to ditch an armada product for a better ski
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

i've got a pair of args i bought on here last year i think that have been collecting dust ever since. gay graphics, slick bases. bases and top sheets are in excellent condition. drilled once for some kind of alpine binding.

curious on the why, too. I haven't skied the pow's but do have ARG's, which I am fond of. Not sure how much the pows weigh, but given the comment about deflection, I'm guessing the ARGs are lighter - which I would believe. They feel very light for their size, and hence make for a good crossover in-bounds/backcountry setup when it's deep.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.