Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    K2 rep said seth has his plus 4 but said the majority of people think the sweet spot is plus 2
    Interesting - he used to have his skis mounted +3. I wonder why he went forward...?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Interesting - he used to have his skis mounted +3. I wonder why he went forward...?

Here's your answer - he wrote a note about it on BC.com:

"When you have a ski with rocker it makes more sense to be centered in the rocker itself. I have a small boot 25. so plus 4 may not be where you want to be with a larger boot. You will find having more tail with rocker helps when landing back seat. It makes the ski, ski that much better."

Got out on my 179's yesterday on the WROD at Killington. I was surprised how well they did on the hard pack. I was able to get a pretty good edge and carve somewhat decently for my first turns of the season. I seemed to like my mount on the traditional line so far. I do not think I would like them any farther forward unless I was on 189's. I think my mount places my boot sole center basically in the middle of the cambered section (305mm bsl w/ dukes). I only took a few runs on shitty man made snow... I will report back when I get some more time on them.

Slight draw back is they don't fit in the ski holder's on killington's gondola... oh well, I never take the gondola except during early season anyways. These east coast resorts need to get with the times and equip their resort for wider skis! haha

After waiting patiently for weeks to get my Obsetheds (a buddy is hooking me up through his shop) I get a call saying K2 is sold out of them. So now I wait and see if either of my back up choices are available...Atomic bent chetler or Nordica Radict.

Good luck on the Chetlers, rumor mill buzzing about only 40 pairs coming to the US
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmBeer View Post
    Here's your answer - he wrote a note about it on BC.com:

"When you have a ski with rocker it makes more sense to be centered in the rocker itself. I have a small boot 25. so plus 4 may not be where you want to be with a larger boot. You will find having more tail with rocker helps when landing back seat. It makes the ski, ski that much better."
    Thanks mang!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Good luck on the Chetlers, rumor mill buzzing about only 40 pairs coming to the US
    Nordica is sold out of them already, the 191's have been gone for a month

Bent Chetlers are sold out. Radict it is! Should have them this week.

I will hopefully be able to swing a pair. The BC.com shipment has not arrived yet.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

After waiting patiently for weeks to get my Obsetheds (a buddy is hooking me up through his shop) I get a call saying K2 is sold out of them. So now I wait and see if either of my back up choices are available...Atomic bent chetler or Nordica Radict.
    He is probably talking about Proform. The obsethed are not sold out in stores, go into any K2 dealer and they will have them, just not on Proform. And for the Bentchetler thing, I was at the expo this weekend in Prtland and there were Bentchetlers everywhere. I saw probably 10 Pairs when I was there so if you look hard enough you will find some. If you really want some obsethed, just go into REI and buy them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Natural View Post
    He is probably talking about Proform. The obsethed are not sold out in stores, go into any K2 dealer and they will have them, just not on Proform. And for the Bentchetler thing, I was at the expo this weekend in Prtland and there were Bentchetlers everywhere. I saw probably 10 Pairs when I was there so if you look hard enough you will find some. If you really want some obsethed, just go into REI and buy them there.
    ^^^^^I was talking about proform availability. Obsethed and Bent Chetler (183 anyway) should be available at shops, online etc.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of 189 Obsethed.
    After all the research, I figured I'd try mounting boot center on +2.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

I've got about a dozen days on 189s in varied conditions - mounted +4. I liked them. Handled decently enough to have fun on groomers. Nicely slarvy smeary in powder. I weigh about 200+ (and decently mediocre) and never felt close to going over the bars at that mount point. Just a nice combo. Felt a tiny bit odd to me as I've been using things with more tail rocker & the camber pattern made it feel like there was a lot of tail to me. Took a day or three to get used to (for me anyway). The folks I took advice from were convinced that +3 or +4 would be the sweet spot for most folks. I would not argue with them.

I'm looking forward to playing with these head to head vs Concepts...

Bent Chetlers are sold out. Radict it is! Should have them this week.
    yea same decision i had to make... chets were sold out ordered the radict, which im not bummed about because it looks like its an epic ski.

So, I am assuming that the mounting of any + measure is + from traditional, not core center. I think I will go with +2 on my 189's. Any suggestions?

So, I am assuming that the mounting of any + measure is + from traditional, not core center.
    This is correct.

Any more opinions on the obsethed?
    Thanks

I went +2, (40 years old, #155, 100days a year out west). Riding switch is not an option for me. It was OK, maybe back a bit from that even

Anyone use the new obsethed as an every day ski? I bought some on3p wrenegades and I have a feeling that they are too stiiff for me as a daily driver. After skiing the older obsethed(best ski ever) I really prefer softer flexing skis. Ive seen a few people in tride skiing them even on hard packed days.
    thx

This years obsethed had been my dd. I have been out about twenty days on them this year and maybe 10 last spring. I think they are great. They are pretty soft but do okay on the groomers, bumps, and crud. If you don't mind a ski 117 under foot for everyday then they definitely don't suck at anything.

the 10/11 189cm has been my one-ski quiver this and most of last season. If can only take one ski and don't know if it's going to be pow or ice I take them.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Just to note if Seths boots are a 25cm and mounted +4 then any boot sized {up} from 25 say a 28 would make the mounting boot center +1 accordingly. A boot for instance that mesures 29 would {big Foot} cancels +4 and there for be on the line to be equivelent to were Seths mounting point is on a 189. Just sayin if this needed any more clarity. Im going Dukes on 189,s with a big foot 28.5 Fulltilts and mounting on the line. My extra wieght over Seths will make up the other .5cm I hope!! 6ft 225. I might have the oportunity to try the ski as a demo with Schizos on hopefully before i mount to verify the right position. Best case. Then I can try + or -3 first. Any big guys find a great mounting point with dukes on the 2011,s?
    FACTION

daily ski

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    Anyone use the new obsethed as an every day ski? I bought some on3p wrenegades and I have a feeling that they are too stiiff for me as a daily driver. After skiing the older obsethed(best ski ever) I really prefer softer flexing skis. Ive seen a few people in tride skiing them even on hard packed days.
    thx
    obsethed rocks any soft snow conditions,but I'm keeping my 194 xxls for hardsnow-ice ect.

Works for me

I just got these skis in 169. I'm about 1.70 and for a nice mix of metric and imperial weigh about 145-150lbs. Took these to Chamonix and Courmayeur for a few days. Conditions weren't looking ideal, but I figured that if I only took one pair of skis then that would be the best way to get used to them.

So ... I skied hard pack, icy man made snow, hard bumps, frozen off piste and then finally a bit of chopped up powder (it's a long story but we missed the first tracks). And the verdict - for me this is an awesome ski, the best I've ever ridden. I ski fast, but I'm not a forceful skier. I try to work with my skis and not fight or try to dominate them. I carve just about anywhere I can and for me these skis are perfect. They have a softness which I like, but they're torsionally strong. You can rail these things on hardpack and they even hold well on ice. They're quick from edge to edge and if you should just happen to come across some soft stuff - even just some chopped up remains in the bumps - oh man!

I have factory fitted Marker Griffon Schizos, so I played around with the settings a bit. I didn't like them set back and around or slightly forward from the mid point was best for me. But once I got this right these things were sweet. Especially impressive in the bumps - even the steep, hard packed variety and I wasn't expecting that at all.

I didn't find chatter a problem even at high speeds. The only problem with this ski is that after a while you just find yourself jumping off every lip and likely looking bump. They tempt you and you can get into trouble really quickly; find yourself bouncing across a mogul field at 40mph, only to discover that it's quite good fun The platform is really stable and they are really forgiving, allowing you to recover from some less than optimal situations.

This is the first real fat ski I've owned, but I have skied Rossignol S6's (liked them), Dynsatar Mythic Riders (too stiff for me), some other Rossignol fat skis (can't remember the model but they were also too stiff) and Rossignol Bandit B83s which suit my style, but they struggle when it gets really deep. For the rest of this season the only reason I expect to ski anything else is because there's no snow and I don't want to wreck them or because I want to go touring.

Cool! Interesting you went 169cm. Must be great turning in that lenght!! I would guess a very managable combo with Obsethed Dimentions and 169cm. They must make the ski ski tortionaly stiffer in that length? Ill have to flex some 169,s at the shop and see the differance if any.
    FACTION