Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Late Feb will work for me. I should have most of my weekends off in Feb. I'll also throw in a suggestion for a Smuggs day only because I could give a pretty good tour of the in bounds and OB stuff.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Dates: I'm down for anything in late feb, because i will be recovering from the financial loss of a west coast trip in early February, and will be west in late January.

Location: Anywhere that I can get a lift from the train station, and anywhere with a hostel or a nice corner of a house. Or worst comes to worst, I'll sleep in the car (so long as I can find a place to shower every other day)

i vote for magic, but only if bill comes.

edit: seriously.. i cant plan anything this far in advance, but ill most likely be there. especially if there is some snow.

-j

I'm there, wherever there is.

Sugar Bush

I'm there on the Nov. 19th, maybe Stowe Sat or Sunday

Here is some skiing from last years opening day Stowe.
    http://www.evillelakeeffect.com/HV/c....php?cat_id=16

I'm in for whenever

I'd like to see an early season get together at Kmart, possibly a BC event and definately wanna do some late season spring corn skiing on Mt Washington or in the Dacks
    • Excessive, obsessive gear questioning 10 yards, loss of down
    • Not using techtak 5 yards
    • Excessive spraying 10 yards loss of down

Thumbs up

I'll throw this in the mix ~ I'll volunteer the drive from the D.C. / Balt. / Northern VA area.

It's only a Camry, but with 1 seat down, there's plenty of room for 2 more & all the gear you could need.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis
    I'll throw this in the mix ~ I'll volunteer the drive from the D.C. / Balt. / Northern VA area.

It's only a Camry, but with 1 seat down, there's plenty of room for 2 more & all the gear you could need.
    Sweet deal!
    Shit ill go on a 10 hour car ride with a random 36 year old I've never met, its all in the name of skiing.

Mt. Washington sounds cool. I love Stowe but it is sooo expensive to stay up there. I think there are cheaper options in Jay.

Might as well pick a weekend and see how the snow flies.

I'll be there. I can't pick dates ahead of time but If i can get a ride up I'll be there.

As much as people don't like dates so far in advance (which I can understand), I think those are the most important to set. Particularly if we want some of the film camera action.

Any serious objections to the last weekend in February (26 & 27)? Friday and Monday options open of course. I say we nail that down and then go where the snow and/or lodging most makes sense.

SaAaH (and still leaning towards Stowe, but obviously flexible),
    d.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy
    Sweet deal!
    Shit ill go on a 10 hour car ride with a random 36 year old I've never met, its all in the name of skiing.

Just don't MAKE me pull the car over.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

feb 25-28 sounds perfect. I guess the place isnt a big deal, but maybe, if I am going to take a train it might. I really dont want to drive 9 hours. Maybe I can recruit some people to come with so we can switch off

Edit:Or go with EP

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy
    feb 25-28 sounds perfect. I guess the place isnt a big deal, but maybe, if I am going to take a train it might. I really dont want to drive 9 hours. Maybe I can recruit some people to come with so we can switch off

Edit:Or go with EP
    Yeah, it's a bit of a trip, but I don't mind it..If nobody's hitching along, I'll prolly just fly up to Manchester - just figured I'd extend the offer. Southwest usually does BWI/Manchester for under $100 r/t.

Plenty of time to figure it all out..

end of february sounds o-tay. i can most likely give a ride to stranded ny'ers or split a rental.

So what are the choices of dates we got going here?
    In:
    1.Feb 25-28
    2.(Insert Date)
    3.(Insert Date)
    4.(Insert Date)
    5.(Insert Date)
    Out:
    1.Feb 4-14 (JH summit)
    2.(Insert Date)
    3.(Insert Date)
    4.(Insert Date)
    5.(Insert Date)

( <<this is me not writing a philosopy paper)

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis
    Yeah, it's a bit of a trip, but I don't mind it..If nobody's hitching along, I'll prolly just fly up to Manchester - just figured I'd extend the offer. Southwest usually does BWI/Manchester for under $100 r/t.

Plenty of time to figure it all out..
    If you are driving solo from the DC area, its cheaper to fly than it is to drive. If you roll into manchester/burlington, there wouldnt be a problem finding a ride.

How about early March? March can be epic in the Northeast, and if it isnt, then we might have spring conditions. Something like the 11th-15 of March maybe? Anyone like that idea, or is it just me?

How about opening weekend at K-Mart??
    give us all a chance to try out the shiny new all for one passes?

Then definately a real mini later in the season.

I like Glademasters idea on the dates. Early/Mid March is good. Jay has some good deals because they include breakfast/dinner and lifts. Ski down, take off the boots in the hotel guests only locker room and start drinking. The place just works. The price goes even lower if we rent a ski in/out house. It doesn't include meals but it's definitely less expensive.

Not March, Febuary. Last Weekend to be exact (26/27th that area). Stowe is a good location and good snow at that time of year. For 20 or more the group price is $85 for a two day ticket.
    Lodging on the cheap in the area (not easy in Stowe) you have:
    Innbuck Inn , you can just about stumble here from the Matterhorn without getting lost www.innsbruckinn.com

Stowe motel and Snowdrift, these people always have group rates, a wide variety of rooms to fit different needs. They're also within a good walking distance/ short drive to everything www.stowemotel.com

Could also go in on a condo (or 2 or 3):http://www.stowecountryrentals.com/CondosB.htm

There are cheaper places, these are the better options right on the Mt. road.

I'm in.

I can give a ride to 2 or maybe 3 people from manchester/ manchester airport. I would be driving straight to UVM (burlington).

Also, I'm down with brining up my vid camera.

edit: I'm with snorkel....this is still 4 months away. I don't even know what I'm doing for halloween yet.
    Last edited by dipstik; 10-29-2004 at 08:31 AM.

you guys didn't get the memo? its happening at stowe. we did jay two years ago, only me and gin and kush and hardrider and apk and noodles and shamrockpow showed up. at this time two years ago there were like 25 commited people.

you don't have to stay in the town of stowe to ski at the mountain, and take it from someone who knows, the bar at Jay is hands down the worst bar at a ski are in the entire state of vermont.

last weekend of februaury.

I agree with Basom and Gin we should nail down a date and a location now so that everyone can start making plans.

I'm in for Stowe on one of those days. If anyone doesn't want to throw down for 2 days of Stowe I would be willing to lead a group over at Smuggs.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I'm going to go over this thread towards the end of the day (3ish EST) and sort out the various votes for dates and places and "I'm down for anythings." From there a rough plan will materialize. I know it's hard, I know you hate to do it (I do too), but I'm sure we can make an effort to commit in order to actually make this happen.

Imagine: with enough planning we could have parties, deals, a maggot camera, tours etc. Let's try to approach this with 100% of our collective asses.

Sweet.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and surely jinxing myself into missing it),
    d.