Moving to UT: leads for software/IT gigs?

It's official: I'm moving back West, to Ogden/Layton area (Mrs. Jaeger landed a great job there). I'm really, really looking forward to being close to the mountains again , but first, I need to secure a job myself. Since a fair few mags are from UT I figured I'd throw this out there: does anyone have any leads for intermediate-senior positions in software dev/IT infrastructure? This is a broad description because technical leadership positions can be difficult to categorize neatly in terms of job titles.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be commuting to SLC each day** since that's where all the fun gigs seem to be, but the commute seems fairly reasonable.

** Unless Amer Sports is hiring, but that could be dangerous; it would be like being an alcoholic working in a liquor store.

Congrats, mang. Good Luck - perhaps a headhunter would be a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Congrats, mang. Good Luck - perhaps a headhunter would be a good idea?
    Thanks. That reminds me, I seem to keep missing all the DC mag gatherings. I blame Rontele.

As anyone in IT can confirm, headhunters are generally the last choice in a long line of options. There are one or two out there that are genuinely helpful, but I find the odds of getting one like that are pretty long.

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    Thanks. That reminds me, I seem to keep missing all the DC mag gatherings. I blame Rontele.

As anyone in IT can confirm, headhunters are generally the last choice in a long line of options. There are one or two out there that are genuinely helpful, but I find the odds of getting one like that are pretty long.
    Robert Half placed me QUICKLY and with a great gig in SLC...

Might be worth a try.

Lots of tech here though....you know Linux? Try BC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Robert Half placed me QUICKLY and with a great gig in SLC...

Might be worth a try.

Lots of tech here though....you know Linux? Try BC.com
    I had really good luck with TEK Systems. I think it would probably be a good place to work but BC.com pays considerably lower than most companies from what I've heard.

Wellsfargo

Has a hudge contact Center infrastructure in SLC.

they always seem to be looking. they are always looking for Genesys Consultants. but I know there is a large Oracle / AIX / VOIP infrasturture that is maintained in SLC

Thanks guys, looks like there's a few leads there.

Now for the important part: the bike and ski quiver upgrade.

Bumping an old thread. I'm bored With my current job. Can anyone recommend a headhunter for me? My background is strong in stats/Econ/finance.

Nothing to add other than I can't believe we still haven't ridden together. Once upon a time it seemed like everyone here from Utah got together at least once a year to ski/drink/BBQ. Now there are tons (100?) of us.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Nothing to add other than I can't believe we still haven't ridden together. Once upon a time it seemed like everyone here from Utah got together at least once a year to ski/drink/BBQ. Now there are tons (100?) of us.
    Let's fix that. Early evening mtb spin in o-town some time?

Vivint, eBay, and a few others......