Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mmmm. Jacuzzi. Yeah, the camping is looking to be chilly. Just hoping those upper elevations will be skiable come this weekend.

I'll be meeting up with Dookey on at bottom of 2 on Thursday morning. Can't really expect the epic corn we found last year, but who knows. I heard they got a few inches and it rained again this afternoon on the coast.

Edit: damn. Top of the page again. It is almost like I am trying.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Just dust-on-crust? Dude, I'll take that. It can be loads of fun.
    Better than slush on mank, or whatever that super sticky springtime stuff is that messes with the Corning.

If the forecasts hold true, this will be the coldest (48?) Spring Mini I've been to.
    So late in the year, too...brr!

EDIT:
    I'LL BE "OFFLINE" UNTIL NEXT WEEK.
    IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME, PLEASE "PM" SINECURE.
    I'm more of a fan of slush than dust on crust. If you have a slushy base, which then freezes and is rock hard, 3 inches which don't bond up well is not fun.

I love slush, but if the snow bonded up well and the wind plays with it things could be lots of fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Looks like I'm out due to a combination of factors. Bummed.

Have fun all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    The free campground at Laurel Springs is open and dry.
    I don't know anything about this place, but I will probably be camping here ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I'll be meeting up with Dookey on at bottom of 2 on Thursday morning.
    can you translate this for me? i'm also heading up thursday morning if that indeed is what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by asandygal View Post
    Will be up starting tomorrow night, and since a lot of you are staying in our complex (Mountain Shadows... which is definitely stumbling distance from Robertos)...
    Patty E and myself are your neighbors this weekend.Mountain Shadows will be a busy place Post up Thursday night if the bbq`s are not out.I can bring up a small propane grill if needed...Lift served Friday,Saturday,Sunday.

Fuck. This weather is just plain not looking good, let alone for any sort of BC projects. Thursday should be OK, but Fri/Sat/Sun need to warm up quickly or I'm going to need a better reason to show up besides skiing frozen railroad tracks.

^^^
    Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 23.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 40. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Monday: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.

Monday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.

I had obligations come up for Friday and Saturday nights, but if the forecast looks like 3+" of snow Saturday night and Sunday, I will drive up early Sunday morning for some late winter love from Ullr.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Fuck....I'm going to need a better reason to show up besides skiing frozen railroad tracks.
    Yeah, I've been watching this system all week wondering about it...still planning on some bc Friday though...

If you need a reason, you can help me disembowel the cooler of booze I am toting along again this year...last night I just made one gallon of Hurricanes, one gallon of Blues, and one fifth of green-ades which is over one gallon total of straight 80 proof in the mixes (about the equivalent of a beer keg)...packing all the ingredients for some Caucasions (for the Dude costume) and bringing Jager-Absenthe bombs...

If Asandygal can hook me up with a parking pass for the Shadows, I will set up bar there for the weekend since it is pretty central...

peace,
    D.
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

It looks like I'll be cruising through Mammoth on Saturday around noon, to pick up a bicycle (found a Kona Sutra via craigslist). I'll look around for the maggotry...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

weather forecast is causing me to cancel. might try to go up next weekend. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It looks like I'll be cruising through Mammoth on Saturday around noon, to pick up a bicycle (found a Kona Sutra via craigslist). I'll look around for the maggotry...
    Maggot beach at "The Mill"

...and what is up about all the weather weenies around here???

What maggot doesn't like a little weather? A few inches or freshies can be great, just deal with it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Maggot beach at "The Mill"

...and what is up about all the weather weenies around here???

What maggot doesn't like a little weather? A few inches or freshies can be great, just deal with it.
    Not the weather that worries me per se. It's the frozen railroad tracks. Who knows, maybe the top won't slush up these next few days. I would not mind some winter stuff up high, I just worry about frozen slush is things do warm up.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    can you translate this for me? i'm also heading up thursday morning if that indeed is what you meant.
    2 = chair 2 = stump alley express.

I'll be with a knuckle dragger or two riding Stump Alley early. Meeting up with Dookey down there.

You and Trash touring at all? Friday for some wind blown chalk up high, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Not the weather that worries me per se. It's the frozen railroad tracks. Who knows, maybe the top won't slush up these next few days. I would not mind some winter stuff up high, I just worry about frozen slush is things do warm up.
    Hmmm, based on latest forecast, it looks like fun stuff to me. Granted, I will likely be railing the groomers off the top, unless there is enough fresh snow to ski the rest of the firm snow conditions on the mountain, but shit, did you read what Bodhi is bringing? I love Harpoons. Save me one for Sunday Bodhi.

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Very windy, with a west southwest wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to between 40 and 45 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. 37°F

Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Very windy, with a southwest wind 35 to 40 mph becoming east southeast 25 to 30 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. 18°F

Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and blustery, with a high near 26. 26°F

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Little or no snow accumulation expected. 18°F

Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm out for the mini. Injured ankle.

You will be missed Tarka.......Heal up.
    Bodhi,we have a extra parking pass for you.Won`t be up until Firday morning though.

I'm headed up tomorrow expecting winter camping conditions. Got a box of kindling and more beer than I can drink. Looking for chaos.
    Last edited by SailCat; 05-20-2010 at 08:24 AM.

out

staying close to home - likely going to Sonora Pass Sat or Sun depending upon weather and road opening
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Hmmm, based on latest forecast, it looks like fun stuff to me. Granted, I will likely be railing the groomers off the top, unless there is enough fresh snow to ski the rest of the firm snow conditions on the mountain, but shit, did you read what Bodhi is bringing? I love Harpoons. Save me one for Sunday Bodhi.

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Very windy, with a west southwest wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to between 40 and 45 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. 37°F

Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Very windy, with a southwest wind 35 to 40 mph becoming east southeast 25 to 30 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. 18°F

Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and blustery, with a high near 26. 26°F

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Little or no snow accumulation expected. 18°F

Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
    Where the fuck is Spring? This weather has lagged on way too long. I am not that into sitting on a chair lift wearing my winter coat at the end May.

Shit, I know we were skiing fresh this time two years ago.
    But we were doing it in the sunshine.

i'll be up tomorrow, not really looking forward to camping in cold w/ 70 mph gust but wtf it's the mini.

will be at Ginny Lakes tomorrow ~830 AM

Anyone else think Laurel Springs campground is a good idea? That's my defacto unless Ottime or cdlv find a better solution.

Driving to SLT tonight and then down early tomorrow ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    will be at Ginny Lakes tomorrow ~830 AM...
    The Dude and I should be there...as of now, seems to be my plans for the bc...

peace,
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    ...Bodhi,we have a extra parking pass for you.Won`t be up until Firday morning though.
    Cool...I think Mark is going to get me a parking pass, but if he doesn't I will count on you...looks like Dude and I will be staying in one of the condos Friday night and then camping in the truck Saturday night if I cannot find any floor space for us inside one of the Shadows...

And the Bar is ready to be drank by any willing participants.

peace,
    D.