Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Glad to see, eat, and drink with everybody, even if I didn't elect to drop $60 to ski death crust! Good times. Too bad it was too friggin' cold for debauchery at the Fort.

Two words on the apre fun: CONDO NAZI

Here is my academy award speech for the trip ... I'm sure I'll leave some people out

Thanks to dooks for the delicious goodies and (moist ) firewood
    Thanks to powdork and ottime for finding a great place to set up the fort
    Thanks to sailcat for the big box of perfectly cut kindling
    Thanks to hutash for the warming hut cooking station pedovan
    Thanks to ottime for the vintage planks
    Thanks to vets for the modern planks
    Thanks to cdlv for the good tunes and good vegetation
    Thanks to Pele for the Volcano experiences
    Thanks to bodhi for the booze
    Thanks to asandygal for having us over
    Thanks to condo nazi for the biggest buzzkill ever
    Thanks to Ullr for bringing the goods

Most of all thanks to all the maggots for an utmost rocking time! And of course no Ft. FKNA is complete without some pretty epic fail.

As in ... hutash leaving his skis at the mill
    then sailcat leaving his skis at FKNA
    then Nate leaving his keys somewhere under the fresh pow off chair 3! DOH! He had to have AAA cut him a new key for his car while waiting in the pedovan for 2 hours.

I'll have pics up ... but probably not until next week.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Two words on the apre fun: CONDO NAZI
    sounds like there's gotta be more than 2 words.

got my video edited from thursday and friday

or for the vimeo spinning triangle challenged, go here

fort FKNA Saturday morning

fort FKNA Sunday morning

a Gaggle of Maggots

The Mill Saturday afternoon

Thanks Hutash for rescuing my abandoned Bro's
    and Thanks condo crews for the hospitality
    somebody else will have to relate a firsthand account of the shotski and the Condo Nazi, but it needs to be documented.

and a Schralp Castillo
    Last edited by SailCat; 05-24-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Mammoth Mayuary

#1 is machlooney who did a backflip off the big kicker and also managed to pull off a Lincoln Loop which we missed on camera.

#2 is yours truly, #3 is a little ripper who is at most 8 years old.

The other dudes are just some random punters ...

I have the utmost respect for people who can actually pull off these tricks without something like this landing pad.
    Last edited by Franz Klammer; 05-24-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    ? & Gds

The question mark (?) is our friend and non-maggot drei (also friend of mildbill). I told him to go skiing while I was checking out the hot nurse Hannah that fixed up machlooney's shoulder at the Mammoth hospital.
    Last edited by Franz Klammer; 05-24-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Sunday offered 3 inches of dust on crust (along with some dust on corn down low.)
    Crust? What crust?

I don't think ottime was thinking about crust right here
    (yes this was Sunday afternoon)

more to come next week!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

any weekend skiing is still good

Nevermind the temperature, I had a good weekend-

Great to meet you guys to the extent that I did (which was limited to a couple of beers on Friday and gondola rides on Sunday).

I'm referred to as "?" in CDLV's picture diary and at :14 in red in Franz Klammer's chairlift video and I got to take a few runs with SuPu, GDS, Dom, CDLV and some others...

Thanks to Mach Looney for letting me crash at the condo.
    I was skiing with him when he went down and when the patrol unzipped his jacket, his shoulder was just hanging there, definitely not in the right place.
    Hope you are healing alright...

Thanks, curiously, to Spats, who I don't know if I met in person, but he posted a review of the Surface Live Life 2's which became the One Life, which I bought and skied for the first time this weekend... I used his review as input in getting the skis... and he was right on. The skis are a lot of fun.

My online name seems fairly uncreative,
    drei

Quote Originally Posted by DreiSki View Post
    My online name seems fairly uncreative,
    drei
    perhaps you should have stuck with '?'
    or
    'the skier formerly known as ?'

bummed i didn't get to stay sunday

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Crust? What crust?

I don't think ottime was thinking about crust right here
    (yes this was Sunday afternoon)

more to come next week!
    looks like heading north was the way to go Sunday.
    fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    looks like heading north was the way to go Sunday.
    fuckers
    well, duh!

never mind the Pink Floyd f@#king the O'Jays conditions (money, money, and more money), it was mostly because I had tons of chocolate and gooey sesame ginger cookies, as well as freshly made pizza and cold beers for the apres festivities...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The powder was okay, but those ginger cookies. Damn. I'd go back for more.

Speaking of which, who is interested in skiing powder on Saturday? (fingers crossed).

Good meet all who I met. Good seeing ya'll who I have met. Good skiing and freezing at camp. Damn that Condo Nazi. I did not even get in the tub before I got kicked out.

Reminder to self - volcano plus Bodhi cocktail = glazed

I missed the Condo Nazi and I'm intrigued by the constant references to said individual. Would someone care to satisfy my curiosity?

Condo Nazi is like the rest of us who think youz is all balloon knots brah!! At least ya got some good snow. But DAYUM boys-you run wit some ugly females. It aint easy being a maggot. I do give ya props for makin the best of it. Should have hit the ghetto for some real not some lame ass condo full of down southers with no pull in this town-------

Nice editing job, but could you define "bowder?"

Nice to meet all of you. I had someone call in sick on Saturday and had to work an extended day shift instead of closing. More than likely I wouldn't have skied anyway because I am really sick of this weather.

Any tahoe mags happen to be playing pick up hockey tomorrow night? I have to drop my my sled off in Truckee to get fixed in the morning and am playing hockey form 8-930pm tomorrow night. after that we have a room at the Peppermill and plan on getting black out wasted. If anyone is playing or wants to go to a titty bar let me know. Splat?

Thumbs up Late May Mammy Turns

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    2) I believe the lady that resembles a young Janet Reno but with less musculature and more pink hair is in fact a gentleman.
    He is indeed.
    But I do have nipples, and chin stubble, so there's the cause of the confusion
    Janet Reno? Nah. I think Dookey is closer with "Trolls" dolls.
    Actually, the "Wildfire" is only to cover up my grey hair. Hey, if you're going to dye your hair anyway, why not go the whole 9 yds?

It's unlikely, I guess, but could Summertits be Sheel?

Cinders and I had lot's of fun, and skied as much as we could.
    Last off the mountain!
    But we did not ski with any Maggots except for Master-of-Greenbeans once, and Vets (nice hair cut, btw) on our last run at Mammy.
    We did party with lots of Maggots though...just didn't get all the names

It was cold. There was crust. It was great.
    We searched for places that were Spicy, or Soft, or both. We found enough to keep us grinning.
    Hit a couple of places we hadn't been before. And then (mostly) Fresh Tracks (mostly) all day on Sunday!
    Only made it to the top of the Gondi, like 3 times. Dave's was brutal.
    Didn't get to the top of Lincoln. On Friday we waited for a Mag to catch us up, on the traverse, but it was a 'troller lady..."you don't want to go up there".
    We ended up just following Gold Rush down to the Mill. Nice little gully.

Sinecure took us partway up Dunderberg on Monday
    A great end to a great weekend...a shame Cinders and I forgot to tighten our boots back up after the hike up...made for some spastic turns before Cinders realized what was up

Thank You So Much to Everybody!
    Special thanks to main-man Sinecure, spirit-of-the-party ASandyGal, and hooker-up Huckster989.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

A good time skiing. Who knew the conditions were so poor. I dragged my non-mag friend Eddie down to the Mini to get some late season turns. He was only able to get out on the hill for Thursday, but it was worth it. We found sweet corn and un tracked mank all day. A short hike offered up turns.

So Dookie follows

Friday was a tour day. We headed up the ridge toward Red Cone(?) and turned back down toward Lake George(?). Powdork works the ridge

It was soft

And smooth. Mmm, what is that in the back ground...

Dookie plays hide and seek in the trees

And works it to the lake

The way back up was scenic enough. Sure would like to hit that before 6PM

I thought I kept hearing Powdork say there was powder up here some where

Notice how he built a seat to have a safety check, while I work the platform into the ice. We almost made the crest.

Dookie. Happy that we finally have started to head down hill.

Powdork practices going left

It almost got soft

The exit chute had a very nice entrance. Dookie demonstrates

Powdork cleans up.

Beers at the car at 7:30 PM. Ahh.

Saturday inbounds was mostly groomers, but Vets found some nice corn in Lincoln Land

And Sunday. Well, we will need to wait for Schralp, but... it was winter

What, no pictures of The Dude? Let's remedy that. From Friday evening's festivities. The Dude with The Dude - the rug really ties the room together:

Mmmmmm. Cocktails

If I find my camera I'll post some more pics.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Sushi Shirt!

Nice newlyweds shot as well...

what's divegirl doing with her toeses?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what's divegirl doing with her toeses?
    Why do you think asandygal is smiling?

Found my camera while cleaning out the car. Some more pics:

More smiling from asandygal (aka Ski Slut):

More of the Dude and the Dude snoozing:

And Superstar Punani passed out:

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

This is the result when snowboarders finally resist the "Darkside" and embrace the "Force".

Sure the technique, and the gear, and the wardrobe, need some work, but at least there is hope.

Nothing much else to add...had a great time, witnessed and participated in some epic FAIL, didn't mess up my knee any worse then it is already is (and came to the realization that I really need not to ski until next year,) and that maggots are always worth hangin' with regardless of the weather.

A special shout out to Iggieski and Splat for providing lots of demos, you guys are the definition of "Maggot." Even though I didn't get to sample any this year due my knee, the gesture is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I apologize for calling summerteeth a dick...I should have said cunt. (It's hard to smell fish on the interwebs)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    This is the result when snowboarders finally resist the "Darkside" and embrace the "Force".

Sure the technique, and the gear, and the wardrobe, need some work, but at least there is hope.

Nothing much else to add...had a great time, witnessed and participated in some epic FAIL, didn't mess up my knee any worse then it is already is (and came to the realization that I really need not to ski until next year,) and that maggots are always worth hangin' with regardless of the weather.

A special shout out to Iggieski and Splat for providing lots of demos, you guys are the definition of "Maggot." Even though I didn't get to sample any this year due my knee, the gesture is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I apologize for calling summerteeth a dick...I should have said cunt. (It's hard to smell fish on the interwebs)
    And I apologize for picking on your crew! Kind of like picking on retards at the mall....ps......mines 4x4- diesel-black w/penthouse and would crush your fucking pedo-van you fucking clown!! Smell fish, ha you can only use your imagination ya gimpy tosser