Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The local bike park went through proper channels and built some really nice ladder drops out of steel and composite decking...the kind that will be there forever.

...unless some dutchbag from the county comes out and determines that they are too risky and now wants them torn out. It's up some committee's hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The local bike park went through proper channels and built some really nice ladder drops out of steel and composite decking...the kind that will be there forever.

...unless some dutchbag from the county comes out and determines that they are too risky and now wants them torn out. It's up some committee's hands now.
    I've heard good things about at least one public park up in your neck of the woods. Sounded really fun.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I've heard good things about at least one public park up in your neck of the woods. Sounded really fun.
    Same park. They are building stuff all the time. Now, they might be tearing things out. Hope not. The younger community has really rallied around this thing.

http://www.eaglebikepark.org/

Some people have been booby trapping the trails with railroad ties too...pretty scary. Now people have to walk the trails before riding.

I cannot figure out what people's aversion is too people getting outside and having fun, pushing themselves, and building a sense of community.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Same park. They are building stuff all the time. Now, they might be tearing things out. Hope not. The younger community has really rallied around this thing.

http://www.eaglebikepark.org/

Some people have been booby trapping the trails with railroad ties too...pretty scary. Now people have to walk the trails before riding.

I cannot figure out what people's aversion is too people getting outside and having fun, pushing themselves, and building a sense of community.

WTF dude?!? That park kicks ass and is so family friendly and community oriented. I don't get it.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    WTF dude?!? That park kicks ass and is so family friendly and community oriented. I don't get it.
    It's small, bitter people like LYF (who obviously doesn't even ride) that do shit like that. You know, cowards.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    yes i booby trap trails! you found me out!

Now an enviro-douche... on the other hand... an enviro-douche would NEVER ever, EVER, do something like that!

Jeeze I don't see why people seem to get their panties in such a twist sometimes. I've been building jumps for a while now and have had one complaint from a crazy hippy lady who was saying that the jumps were going to disturb the nesting grounds of the herons overhead.............I could barely hear her over the sounds of jackhammering and construction from 300m away.

*** BLAME CANADA ***
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Vancouver sucks, they set standards that America can't hope to match...
    "Vagenius"

you clearly need to visit breckenridge
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

My favorite bumper sticker; "I hated Obama before it was cool"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.