Recommend a place to stay near Belleayre/Plattekill

Never spent the night around there--anyplace I should know about? Closer to Belleayre is preferable, but anything within 20-30 minutes would work.
    [quote][//quote]

I just stayed at the roxbury motel. It's basically at the bottom of pkill. Midweek rate was not bad. The place is unique and different from anywhere you have stayed before. I'd go back.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    I just stayed at the roxbury motel. It's basically at the bottom of pkill. Midweek rate was not bad. The place is unique and different from anywhere you have stayed before. I'd go back.
    My buddy was just telling me about this place. He said the same thing, that it was "unique."

Check the website out: http://www.theroxburymotel.com

Roxbury is great. Owners are super nice. Motel has comp. breakfast in the mornings, wine and cheese on sat. afternoons, unique rooms but really comfortable. Lounge around the corner has good drinks and tasty mini pizza.
    PLUS if you go with a woman she will LOVE IT. They have hand made soaps which is like crack to women.
    It's a very very good choice. I've stayed there with Ms. Hutz several times and have always enjoyed the stay.
    Two thumbs up.

I've stayed @ the Roxbury.
    As mentioned, they give you scented soap and call it a spa.

Probably heading there this weekend, there are a lot of small hotels/spas along NY-23 that I'll take note of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I've stayed @ the Roxbury.
    As mentioned, they give you scented soap and call it a spa.
    There is a spa...it's underneath the main reception area. It has more than just scented soap!

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Roxbury is great. Owners are super nice. Motel has comp. breakfast in the mornings, wine and cheese on sat. afternoons, unique rooms but really comfortable. Lounge around the corner has good drinks and tasty mini pizza.
    PLUS if you go with a woman she will LOVE IT. They have hand made soaps which is like crack to women.
    It's a very very good choice. I've stayed there with Ms. Hutz several times and have always enjoyed the stay.
    Two thumbs up.
    Yup, women love the Roxbury. Don't stay in the third room from the reception area, trust me you don't want to after the crazy shit we did in there. Thats the power of the soap (although I remember it being some high end fu fu liquid soap).

Great little joint, super nice, pretty much what everyone else said. They also have AFI top 100 movies for loan in the lobby. We popped in Taxi Driver after a long day on the hill, fun times.
    Staff/owners there are really friendly and accommodating.

Bar around the corner is pretty fun, it felt kind of out of place in that town though. Had the feel of an inner city gay bar, but in middle of hickville. Culture clashes can be pretty fun though. The hotel gave us free drink coupons, not sure if that is a standard thing or just a special they were running, thought that was pretty cool.

The restaurant (more of a pizza joint) a little bit up the road from the bar
    was pretty good for easy take out. Think it's called the east branch or something like that. pizza, pasta, sandwiches kind of place, but I remember it being decent.

Closer to Plattekill, but not too far from Belleayre (we were skiing at B).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Helldawg Guest
    Motels in Kingston will put you a half hour away cheaply. Holidome has fairly reasonable packages that include tix.

Noreast or others, anything else? I think the Roxbury is a little over the top for just myself (if the wife were along it might be different). Kingston motels are probably fine.
    [quote][//quote]

Boiceville (maybe Voiceville) Inn was the only one that I remembered, and there are a few spas along the way there that I can't remember for the life of me.

Brief google map search... bear in mind that I usually stay at my friend's place near Hunter/Windham over the weekends, or I'll just go on a day trip.

http://www.theweyside.com/ (VERY close)
    http://www.catskillseasonsinn.com/ (still very close)
    http://www.delawaremotelcatskills.com/ (very close, slightly west of Bellayre)

What I would do is use google maps to find a motel close by, but I don't really know of the "best" places to stay for you in the area. Sorry to be a lack of help, but here's the area on google maps, a little bit zoomed in: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.052142&z=15

Awesome, great help. I was going to book something in Kingston but that third one has a better rate and is obviously closer. Thanks!
    [quote][//quote]

any updates on motels....eats?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    any updates on motels....eats?
    Have heard amazing things about Peekamoose restaurant in Big Indian. Looks like 30 minutes from Roxbury. Perhaps on the way?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.