2 caught in slide in Aspen

Sounds like 2 caught, 1 completely buried and injured...

Group of four, the upper two triggered the slide that swept the lower two according to:

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Well... at least the article didn't describe them as experienced backcountry skiers.

Hope the injured guy heals up to be able to share his tale of woe.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Keno Woods was poor choice given the current snowpack. Lot's of terrain traps below it too.

I can't really say much though, because I was flushed down it about 25 years ago, probably about the same age as them. I was very lucky.

There was a british guy that skied it alone maybe 15 years ago. He got flushed through the trees and broke a leg and nobody knew he was there. They found him frozen a couple of days later with a bowl in his hands.

Meanwhile on Snowmass....

"In Saturday’s incident, seven people exited a backcountry gate at the top of Snowmass Ski Area and soon got lost in the Willow Creek basin, according to Pitkin County sheriff’s deputy Alex Burchetta.

The group consisted of visitors from Ohio, Illinois and California, ranging in age from 16 to 53."

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Meanwhile on Snowmass....

"In Saturday’s incident, seven people exited a backcountry gate at the top of Snowmass Ski Area and soon got lost in the Willow Creek basin, according to Pitkin County sheriff’s deputy Alex Burchetta.

The group consisted of visitors from Ohio, Illinois and California, ranging in age from 16 to 53."
    How do you get lost in Willow Creek?!