Insight on a Chumba F5

Debating buying a Chumba F5. Have never seen one in person, but looks like a pretty decent rig. Anyone here ever ridden one? Is it a DH race machine thats sole purpose is going fast downhill or does it like jumpy A-line whistler stuff too? Hows the durability aspect of that rear end?

The ride I am looking at doesn't have much use, but has an '09 32mm boxxer WC. I am not sure if I'm into riding a 32mm stanchion on a DH bike. Was riding a fox 40......am I over analyzing the need for bigger stanchions?

Thanks!

1. those chumbas ride awesome. i owned one for 2 season. it was a sweet bike. it does everything resonably. jumps fine for a dh bike.... and it is a fast machine.

2. those boxxer stanctions are fine. that 09 wc is a sick fork. just as daywalker. they feel awesome, and ride great.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    just as daywalker. they feel awesome, and ride great.
    TMI dude, TMI!

marshal always told me the F5 kinda rode like a Turner DHR--- so that is good. Marshal can attest but I think the newer F5's got a better link that held up way longer.

As far as a 09' boxxer-- dude it ran world cups all day long and crushed shit! they are sick-- 32mm is fine

I'm stupid and don't know how to ride DH. I'm also only 170 lbs (but again, stupid and don't know how to ride smooooooove). 32mm stanchions on a dual crown fork feel solid.

If it matters, I TOTALLY notice the difference between fox 32 QR forks and RS Lyrik 20mm forks. I will never go back to a QR fork for anything but do not mind 32 mil dual crown 20mm thru-axle forks.
    "Vagenius"

just to throw this out there because it has relevancy to the topic. . .but having super stiff stanchions on a fork isn't always the main goal. One advantage of the Dorado (or so they say) is that because of the side to side flexibility of an inverted fork, it tends to absorb sideways rock hits better and not deflect off of them. I agree that a through axle is key (and I will never ride a QR again either !) , but that said, I have never felt that my older 32mm boxer was flexy or squirmy. I really think the 2010 boxxer has larger stanchions mainly because consumers wanted it and it was time for change—but I don’t think the older boxers “needed” this – they still kept up w/ 40’s for a few years on the WC circuit and those boys put stresses we can’t comprehend on their bikes.

The bikes are nice, but the owner is a grade A asshole.

Where do I start...
    How about this post on the blog
    , in which he uses what is actually a photoshopped picture of a prototype 951 to criticize another company's welding.

But the crown jewel HAS to be [ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=537048"]this thread[/ame]. He got a user banned after this one. He also displayed a patent lack of professionalism, class, or dignity.

There [ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=569458"]are plenty[/ame] [ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=569588"]of others[/ame] [ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=588324"]like[/ame] [ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=574233"]it[/ame]

Then there's this blog post....

Get the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
    The bikes are nice, but the owner is a grade A asshole.

Where do I start...
    How about this post on the blog
    , in which he uses what is actually a photoshopped picture of a prototype 951 to criticize another company's welding.

But the crown jewel HAS to be this thread. He got a user banned after this one. He also displayed a patent lack of professionalism, class, or dignity.

There are plenty of others like it

Then there's this blog post....

Get the picture?
    All that I got from that is that suspension debates on MTBR are endlessly tedious and pointless.

All I have to add is that one of my buddies in Ohio has one, he flat-out rips on that thing. He's stripped it, polished it, replaced bearings, and kept it rolling for many years. Nice looking rig, if a bit on the heavy side.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    All that I got from that is that suspension debates on MTBR are endlessly tedious and pointless.
    and that some Empty Beer douchenozzles think they are geniuses about suspension, and try to outsmart people with irrelevant distractions, and then try to lampoon the target when he/she gets frustrated with the insincere challenges.

nice work laxman, keep trolling with that trashfish bait.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    and that some Empty Beer douchenozzles think they are geniuses about suspension, and try to outsmart people with irrelevant distractions, and then try to lampoon the target when he/she gets frustrated with the insincere challenges.

nice work laxman, keep trolling with that trashfish bait.
    Oh please. Alan's suspension post was grade A stupid. Most of the "trolls" are in fact just trolls, but he is an idiot not only for going back and forth with them, not to mention his lack of professionalism.

Then there are the posts insulting Intense, or the knock on DW, with his "simplicity" post.

Yall don't agree, that's fine. But I don't like him and I don't ever see myself buying his product.