Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thoughts on this Burton Poster?

I had a reaction to this today when I first saw it in Wahoo's...

When looking, anyone else have an opinion on it?

I'll hold off until I see what other people think...
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

Are you scared that by seeing that, the kids won't be alright?

The rider is out of focus, plus way too small and horribly backlit. Plus he's got no grab and kind of dead sailoring it. Not a very good shot at all.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

BSS Guest
    Asphyxia and blunt force trauma is rad as long as you're wearing the latest Analog hoody.

Encouraging unneccesary games of avalanche tag?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

really depends a lot on what's directly above/below him, but yeah potentially sketch.

Unfortunate.

Nothing better than being solidly encased, suffocating, and crying for mommy while entombed in a whiteroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

surfing an avalanche? i don't understand burton.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I have to ask, is that a real poster or satire?

nevermind, didn't realize that was actually a moving slide!

I believe it says the the surf is good for bitches to ride

so all y'all bitches best come propa and slay avys and shiiite, or you aint dope
    ya feel me?

that's pretty bad
    I got 99 problems but this pitch aint one

surfing avis... sweet

Flat slope, small pocket, obviously wind loaded low consequences.... they probably knew it was going to pop small and thought it would look cool.

People need to realize there is a big difference between purposely cutting small shit off and when shit hits the fan and goes big.

In fact I think sport-alanching is by far the best method to really learn and understand how snow reacts in a slide scenario.... in fact if you have not learned this skill nor practiced it then you dont know shit about snow pack, avy etc no matter how many classes you have taken or how many pits you have dug.

I don't see a problem. Burton has a very clear message here...use Burton products and you are so rad you can out board an avalanche.

They sold me, I am ditching my avi gear, and AT shit and boarding exclusively with Burton boards and jackets.

Patagucci had a similar picture on one of their catalogs...the same one on the cover of "Staying Alive in Avalanche Country." I thought it was an appropriate use of the picture in one instance, but not the other.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    sport-alanching
    Russia 2014!!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

shit that was fast, I think its clearly sending the wrong message, among other things
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

BSS Guest
    Flat slope, small pocket, obviously wind loaded low consequences.... they probably knew it was going to pop small and thought it would look cool.

People need to realize there is a big difference between purposely cutting small shit off and when shit hits the fan and goes big.

In fact I think sport-alanching is by far the best method to really learn and understand how snow reacts in a slide scenario.... in fact if you have not learned this skill nor practiced it then you dont know shit about snow pack, avy etc no matter how many classes you have taken or how many pits you have dug.
    Sure. All things have perspective through the eye of the camera. Not quite the same through the eyes of the average transworld reader.

Sadly though it's a given how burton is pretty well known for being so reckless in their advertising attempts.

I'm no expert, just trying to learn, but I don't buy this as motivation in the pic. Cutting is excellent to get things to start but you don't jump into the slide as I view it in the pic. You stay the hell out of the way and watch it go.

Dude is just trying to keep it real..... real stupid!!!! Don't fuck with nature!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Dude is just trying to keep it real.....
    When keeping it real goes wrong
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Sure. All things have perspective through the eye of the camera. Not quite the same through the eyes of the average transworld reader.

Sadly though it's a given how burton is pretty well known for being so reckless in their advertising attempts.
    I agree and I'm willing to bet that a lot of impressionable youngins or jongs who don't know any better would look at that differently as well...

Its that fucking caption too that I think bothers me most

I find the use of the word 'bitches' offensive and misogynistic.

All i have to say is If you're on a Burton you're certain to be hurtin.

Shits straight overrated

I find the stigma with avalanches hilarious.
    Even dummies know they can kill you and they wouldn't go out of their way to try to fuck w/ one.
    So what if Burton took advantage of a cool photo? They obviously didn't stage it and obviously the guy didn't get hurt or they wouldn't have used it.
    Dying in an avalanche sucks. Coming out of an avalanche unscathed can be exhilarating and a good learning tool. No one tries to get in this situation. Shit happens.

Don't be a sensitive pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    I find the stigma with avalanches hilarious.
    Even dummies know they can kill you and they wouldn't go out of their way to try to fuck w/ one.
    So what if Burton took advantage of a cool photo? They obviously didn't stage it and obviously the guy didn't get hurt or they wouldn't have used it.
    Dying in an avalanche sucks. Coming out of an avalanche unscathed can be exhilarating and a good learning tool. No one tries to get in this situation. Shit happens.

You are all sensitive pussies.

BOO!!