Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Started off on Descender in mid-summer of 2000, and then went to Pmag during September of 2000. Showed up here in September 2001 right when ONS re-vamped the site.

The person that I would like to see more of again is Professor.

I lurked on K2 my senior year of highschool (99?), trying to soak up all the ski talk I could. I didn't get much of it in MN. Not long after I moved to CO I went to the powder board- sept of 2000. I registered, somehow slipped in quietly without any hardcore jonging. I wish I would have put my name in for that shirt, but I was more of a lurker and only an occasional poster. I almost attended the first summit in Utah, but got a $300 driving ticket 2 weeks before and had to bail. I migrated here about the time of the big crash- I was in NZ, hadn't been on the board for awhile, and checked in to find everything was in a clusterfuck and I no longer had a user name. I re-registered there, just because, and came over here with everyone else. Here is good. I like it here.

old people: Anyone remember Jade? She showed up awhile after I did but I don't think she stayed for long. Just long enough to be immortalized on the shirt.

edit: And what about that MirCat chick?
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

i think i starting posting on the old K2 site back in 98? then the powder board occasionally....just got back into this board a yr or so ago....

'these is my first days.....on the internets!!!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Powder forum 12/20/02 then I came here when I did not reconize any names there.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by snowfire
    edit: And what about that MirCat chick?
    She was a pain in the ass, nubie Jong. Good riddence. May she never return. I like that SheRa chick much better.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

As usual, I'm late to the party. Damn, this job really gets in the way. I think I started some time in late '01, maybe early '02. Been known as 1080 the whole time. I just sold my 1080's and never really thought they were the best skis in the world. I think I chose 1080 just to let everyone know I was rad and had twin tips. I remember the first few months the board was full of questions re: twin tips. The LS 9000 became the answer to all twin questions. Always giggled like a school girl when some one pulled out the LS 9000 answer. Still brings a smile to my face. Made one summit when it was in my backyard. Hope to make a few more. $$$ and time are the biggest obstacles but have had a good time on the board thus far...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ

I miss Chronic
    ^bump for Chronic 'cuz I saw him post yesterday for the first time in almost a year!!!! Yeah Chronic!!!!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Am still around, don't post too much, but I'm here. Member since nov 00. Just found it through powder magazine I think. (am I the only one?)

Highlights:
    1) going to the first summit at Ootah, meeting tons of maggots, such as 1080superstar, Bn, kush, Telenator, Su_Pu, MD9, pinner, tearing up Snowbasin and Alta, partying every night, having my brother kicked out of a strip club (which eventually turned into him going to court over a fake ID), Winning those pair of linkens the last night and not selling them to pinner. Pinner, you'd be glad, I put them into use and I use those bindings more often than alpine now. Splat is still one of the crazyiest motherf*ckers that I know.
    2) Getting inspired and actually getting an internship with a ski/board manufacture
    b) meeting up with gorillo from montreal and learning about tuckerman's ravine, which has now become a yearly event for me.
    3) getting a job at the local ski shop because I ran into the owner throwing down tricks in the park on telemarks
    4) Getting the handle on the t-shirt
    3) Actually providing information to powder about Tua going under which got thrown into the magazine hours before going to print (got free schwag))
    6) All sorts of crazy threads that provided inspiration, but none stick out as good as hardrider's heating truck bed.
    f) maintaining my sanity as I continually move further east, being a skier.

And to all those who I've made plans with that haven't materialized, we'll meet up for turns someday.

joined the powder board september 11 2002
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Did I miss this the first time around? Oh well.
    I started my interweb nerd-ness before the turn of the century on telemarque, then hit up Descender (I believe I have the very first post there besides Rob's), Ttips, and K2 (and Utopia, for which I still have the key!) at about the same time. Made it to Pmag within a week or two of birth, and came here with everyone else during the exodus.

It's safe to say that my life would be entirely different if I hadn't been sucked in to the interweb at such a tender young age.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by Particle
    So yeah started back on the K2 Chatter days w/ Lemon Boy, Professor, Squaw Betty, LB's love interest Trace (BWAHAHAHA), and many more.
    Ha, I started on the chatter board as well. Worked with RR/BAG in Berkeley, and banged Squaw Betty's roomate in Davis.

Squaw Betty? You mean Mrs. Professor?
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I discovered the powdermag forum about 4 years ago. I remember reading some heated political argument, and thinking, "this is what internet forums should all be like!" I don't think I ever posted anything, though. Then I stumbled across this forum in Jan and joined right away. Now I can't stand any other forums.
    Last edited by Dr. Send; 02-04-2005 at 01:26 AM. Reason: need to add

Thumbs up

Well Damn! A trip down memory lane.
    I've been a full time lurker for a while here, but something about this post made me want to post again.
    I just looked on the powdermag baord and saw that i first joined at "snowdog" in 9/00 after lurking for a while.
    I was about to move to Fernie for the winter and was searching for advice in regards to following my skiing dreams... and though at first i found it hard to join an internet message board dedicated to skiing, i realized that this was a group of people just like me, dispersed throughout the country. People as passionate about skiing as i was, people who understood the soul of skiing and knew the feeling of dropping everything to chase what just might be the storm of the year. i got over the internet geek factor pretty quickly, though i didnt tell anyone about my "internet friends".
    A few years later 9/02, i changed my name to Seldom Seen because i thought that snowdog was a pretty gay name. I had just gotten a semi-desk job in Durango and had countless hours to spend on the pm baord. I can't count the times i would be "working" at my desk and laugh out loud at an unexpectedly funny post. i would always try to cover it up with a cough, but it never worked.... oh well.
    I remember when the whole Daniel thing went down and how pissed off i was that someone was about to delete the maggot history. That was the first time i realized that i really cared about all this stuff, and while it could look like a bunch of geeks on the internet talking about skiing to someone, it was so much more than that.... a real community of like minded people who rallied around on thing: the love of skiing.
    I've pretty much just been lurking on and off for a while, but something about this post made me want to get back on the bus. Maybe i'll start posting again.... if you spread all my posts over 4 1/2 years, it sure as hell aint that much posting, but i think i have read just about every thread over those years.
    I've never really gotten over the "these are my internet friends" factor and never met anybody in person from this board, but i think it might be time to start.
    For the record, i've yelled "whose got change for a nickel?" at the top of my lungs three times, once at wolf creek on a particularly epic day of riding alone in deep, deep snow, once at jackson on a similar day and once at alta on another such day. Everybody around me looked at me like i was crazy, and i probably looked crazy.... snow covered, wind burned, a perma-grin frozen to my face. But i will say that each time it felt very liberating.
    I knew something that everybody else around me didn't know, i was and am part of something bigger than myself in the world of skiing.
    There's truly something to the whole powder maggot/change for a nickel/greatest secret skiing cult of all time time thing.
    Its like what people used to say about the grateful dead, " if you have to ask... you probably wont get it, anyway"
    You'll be seeing more of me around here...
    Cheers, SS

Lurked and then posted on P-mag the first year it started. Found it to be a great place to visit on slow work days. Never got jonged but I do remember #key posting a response which seemed like an attempt to start a flame war. Thought of a smartass response back and thought better not to post it since this Poundkey guy had some kind of anal fixation and only seemed to rip on people. I think I did this because there was someone who posted as Catinthehat who was constantly getting flamed and it seemed like this poundkey guy was friends with people on this board. Wandered over here sometime after the second disappearance of threads at Powder.
    "Don't drive angry."

Best quote from the movie "Groundhog Day"

Hm, looks like I had my first post about 2 months ago.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    I think Holmes was intimidated, but I could be wrong.
    I still have a sneaking suspicion that Holmes was actually Tahoe_Skier. [/responding to very old post]

PS I first posted (as anything/one to do with Mullets) with some info on where to find the best brothels in Lima or Cusco prior to Punani's trip. When was that? 2002? I was around before then but I honestly don't remember my tag (post count was <10 anyway). Just noticed I passed the 1000 mark over here without noticing...
    Last edited by Mulletizer; 02-04-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Not very long…definitely still JONG status.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

I'm new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    yeah, where are DIMNS and Samwich these days ?
    I've been observing from a far on a very occasional basis. Sorta like God.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DINMS
    I've been observing from a far on a very occasional basis. Sorta like God.
    ...or a rapist in a bush.

Something like that.... much too occasional to be the majority of rapists.
    No.

DINMS... whatever happened to your brother?

I was searching for something totally unrelated, that's what I usually do on here... search-a-lot because pretty much everything has been covered at one time or another. Low and behold look at this.

Given it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, what not a better time to give thanks to this God damn TGR forum... Tons of semi-organized information from a core group of dedicated shredders with semi-functional communication skillz.

Take a deep breath, this winter is gonna blow your hair back.