Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Never gets old. Thanks for sharing dude. And the Meats angle is friggin sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The Alta crew is slacking.
    Heh, nah, they are just getting old.

Holy bigness batman

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Heh, nah, they are just getting old.
    There's always new blood up there, someone should have hit something. Oh well, just meant I could show up at noon, tick off four good lines and go play with the baby feeling totally satisfied.

Thumbs up

AWESOMEFANTASTICLIKENORMAL!
    Sweet angle MOE!
    Nice shootin as always Papa Meats!!

Good to see you setting a strong example regarding pre-jump preparation. Takes no brain or skill to land on rocks.

This is how it's done, folks.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

fuckin' retarded!

MD9 gettin after it, per usual...
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    I'm going to start by punching myself in the nuts.

MD9 has the bar set soooo high.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

you make everything I've ever jumped off look stupid

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like a little bitch, because I've sat on that ledge and pondered it. And there is no way I'd hit that thing on purpose. It doesn't even look hittable from the top, you guys should see the mogul covered gaper filled run in that he has to make his way thru to even hit the damn thing.

Meatdrink, I'm going to be contrary to the giant circle jerk here. That's an amazing jump, but it's just fucking stupid. You are a father for christsake. People die doing that kinda shit. I realize you've got some sort of adrenalin brain disorder, but is this behavior really worth the loss to your family if things go bad?

^^ haven't we been through this thousand times before? Don't drive on highways, don't fly in airplanes, don't own a motorcycle, don't suck on butterscotch candies, don't hunt, don't eat sushi and for chrisssakes.....don't huck yer meat!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Meatdrink, I'm going to be contrary to the giant circle jerk here. That's an amazing jump, but it's just fucking stupid. You are a father for christsake. People die doing that kinda shit. I realize you've got some sort of adrenalin brain disorder, but is this behavior really worth the loss to your family if things go bad?
    Wait till he posts pics of the landing.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GT40 View Post
    Wait till he posts pics of the landing.
    Said by MD9's dad no less.

We concluded that as a family we are not normal.
    Hit the nail right on the head.

GT40 is MD9's pops? cool.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    GT40 is MD9's pops? cool.
    And Meats of Evil is MD9s little (but bigger) bro. Ah, the circle comes together.
    Yes, GT has been taking pics of these two shenanigans for years. One hell of a dad I say! One one of the nicest people you will ever meet in you life.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    The beverage cart will be coming by shortly. Please watch your elbows and legs. Please inform your flight attendant if you ordered the kosher meal.

I was wondering how hucking conditions were shaping up there

I am still coming out your way soon, but unfortunately, my work schedule is jacked, I'm in SLC and then out, with no extra time on either end for a ski day. Bummed especially seeing that things are shaping up for sending.

Stay safe mang.

I would say this is a relatively rare circumstance that justifies the use of the word "send".

Damn, dude.

Looks like you almost took it out as far in distance as the huck is high -- which basically means that you have a few screws loose.

HQ stoke!

We concluded that as a family we are not normal.
    You say that like it is a bad thing...It is not that your family is not normal, it is just that your family has more character than most.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

People die doing that kinda shit.
    Post a list of the dead people or STFU. I can't remember reading about a single person in the last ten years who has died hucking a large standalone cliff like this. There is no way there have been such deaths and the news didn't make it to this site (maybe in Europe, but in North America no fucking way). Take your knee-jerk bullshit somewhere else.

Billy Poole's death was from a cliff jump gone wrong, wasn't it? Other than that one I can't remember any, seems like most of the ski deaths you read about these days are from tree collisions or tree wells.

I love ya man, but you're a nut-job.

I also know good work when I see it, and your flight definitely qualifies.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Billy Poole's death was from a cliff jump gone wrong, wasn't it? Other than that one I can't remember any, seems like most of the ski deaths you read about these days are from tree collisions or tree wells.
    No Billy died getting caught up in some pepper and rag dolled through some nasty rocks. He was not airing anything at the time.

WOW that is large. Why vibe the guy for living his life. If you wanna huck than huck!

I completely respect your opinion, but I'm not crazy. I backed away from a 25 footer yesterday while others hit the air (punchy west face landing). I only do this stuff when the snow says I can. I wear more protective gear than anyone I know. I may seem crazy sweating my ass off on hikes covered in body armor and a full face helmet, but I like to play it safe. It's worth the extra work to me. It's worth taking a run out of most of my ski days to stop under big features and probe the areas so I know what's going on. The only reason I have the confidence to do this stuff is because of all the homework. When I'm standing at the top of the ramp trying not to shit myself inside out the knowledge of the snow in the landing is what calms me down. I landed this one horribly, but didn't feel a thing. My bindings didn't even pop off. I've skied the last two days since then. I have no desire to die. I have also set-up a number of things to take care of my family should I die, but not because I think I'll die hucking, but because we're all going to die someday and I want to be prepared. The same mentality with wearing all the gear and doing all the work. I know the images look crazy... but each person has their own threshold. I thought the guy jumping the 25er to crappy west facing was crazy. To each their own.