Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G.N.A.R. Game Candidate Interviews

Hello everybody,

I want to make sure everyone is aware of openings for the upcoming 14 day Unofficial Game of G.N.A.R., which begins on March 6th, 2010 at Squaw Valley. We have around 5-9 remaining openings. Admission process involves a formal and filmed interview on Feb 26th at 7pm or Feb 28th at 7pm - whatever you can make. It'll be a fun process start to finish. The Grand Prize ($25,000), winner take all, will be presented at the award ceremony tentatively scheduled for March 20th.

If interested email: unofficialgameofgnar@gmail.com

Old

WTF is happening to this place when this post goes an hour w/o so much as a reply? I'm a soul-G.N.A.R. player myself, so I won't be entering.

So, again, who is sponsoring this thing?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Who cares. The big question is, who's competing?!?!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Talking

If I had a pass at Squaw and had anything at all to do in a GNAR competition, I'd be in.

How many points do you get for skiing Scmidiots on a pair of skis signed by Scot Schmidt?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Pitch this to Mancuso, let her promote her lingerie line in front of the cameras (give her Butt Naked points even wearing lingerie), and let her tagteam a partner when she leaves early for the Nissan Xtreme Verbier comp.

A good fit, and good timing. She's fun-loving, needs a proper Squaw homecoming around those dates, and needs a warmup for her freeride comp debut. If the busy Olympian can only spare one day, then let her tagteam a partner after one day, or whatever---just don't blow the shots of her in lingerie!

A tagteam format might attract JT and other Verbier participants as well.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I read Squallywood a few years ago before a trip to Tahoe and got all excited about what I was gonna hit. I stood on top of and pussied out of probably 10 features. I'm a grade A bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Hey Oldtimer. I thought it was gonna start on March 1st. Did the date change to the 6th? Just curious. and I think I'm leaving mid March so I'm really hoping for the 1st!
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

i just received my squallywood and would love to make it there in march for my first time, just to throw my carcass off shit.
    i'll prolly just add some of the hits to my tick list.this game is gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I read Squallywood a few years ago before a trip to Tahoe and got all excited about what I was gonna hit. I stood on top of and pussied out of probably 10 features. I'm a grade A bitch
    join the club.

unless you're a true rad dog, what you think you will hit after reading the book and what you actually will hit are two very different things.
    Still waiting...

I want to see Obscure Reference in on this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ska21 View Post
    I want to see Obscure Reference in on this!!!
    I agree...

^ ^ ^ Mehh. That guy's a Looney Tune.

Looks like Obscure is on there.....woot!

Fuck yeah Josh!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

T-Boz is on there as well. Not seeing Gopher though, there goes my bet.

no gopher disappoints.

t-boz a definite contender.

look out for kevin "sickbird" o'meara...
    Still waiting...

Gopher didn't interview....I was bummed too. He would have been great at it.

I'll be at Squaw the first few days of this...couldn't think of better timing to get to watch an above average amount of people huck themselves into oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Me too, well this Saturday for sure (still figuring out Sunday). Definitely looking forward to the carnage and am definitely not riding the Funitel or Tram.

Might as well hand over the money to George and Greg right now and spare everyone else the misery of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Might as well hand over the money to George and Greg right now and spare everyone else the misery of losing.
    there is going to be a lot of this:

thats 5,000 extra points per line, unless jailed.

this contest just took on a lot less stoke...
    Still waiting...

i'd be getting close with blue... could be worth 200,000 GP without taking air.

edit: or 270,000 if you could bag KT first chair each morning.

i have a feeling there will be 4 competitors on first chair each morning...

this is by far the coolest thing that has ever happened on the planet. and i will miss it
    Still waiting...