Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    i had some long response typed out about how much i love skiing pow and all, but then i realized what this thread was about and deleted it. west>east, bode would kill gnar.

when it comes down to it, i'm just pissed i had to take my car to the shop his morning after i couldn't get in to gear trying to get to LCC (whatever, my knee's fucking sore and i had the best run of my life each of last two days), so i'll do anything for a solid argument right now .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Ya know i don't count real good but didn't you have a soli pass one season odd i never saw ya? I'm sure you were always just a few minutes ahead of me out the gate or up the fantasy booter.
    I'm sure you ski some bc just never post anything that leads me to believe it
    that would be obs, slides/ avvy discussions or pretty much anything worthwhile
    whateves though
    keep killin it in Jackson though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Bode's an amazing racer, but he grew up in NH, and has been racing on water-injected courses the past god knows how many years. Spent a few summers in Chile training next to the American teams and it dumped like 15 feet in a week like 5-6 years ago, and buried the upper T-bars in some freak storm system. I'm pretty sure Bode and the rest of the US team didn't go powder skiing the entire time, and only a few of the French speed team guys came out. All the Canadians were out... and the guys from Quebec were horrible in the Pow vs. the guys from AB/BC were at home in it.

More shit talking out my ass...
    you know nothing...

World renown big mtn rippers who started as ski racers from back east:

Coombs- Nashoba Valley, MA
    Davenport- Attitash, NH
    Jeremy Jones- snowboarder, but he started on some golf course on Cape Cod
    Hugo- Quebec
    PY- Quebec
    Nobis- GMVS, VT
    Moles-GMVS, VT
    Swany- Mt. Snow, VT

If you were skiing BC at Soli the past ten years and didn't see SFB, you weren't there. It's impossible to even hide from him when you're feeling crappy, trust me.

Cannon and wildcat are both big, steep, icy, windy and cold. anyone who says they are "easy" or "small" is retarded. What they often aren't is "enjoyable", but sometimes they're fun in a sort of masochistic way. I grew up skiing both.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Hating on park skiers is so 2008.
    And the phrase "hating on" is so 2007.

I would like to see Bode ski in AK on powder boards.

I would like to avoid the bi-coastal dig waving.

Carry on.

Bode + TGR = Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

WTF?!

I read the first page of this thread, think it's pretty cool, fast forward to page three, and I find a bunch of guys measuring their dicks.

I don't even want to see where this thread went bad.

Anyway, back to Bode, ya know, the actual reason this thread exists.

A perfect cap to both this Olympics and his racing career in general, would be for him to be a no-show at his last event.
    The whole world spends a couple hours looking before they find him in the bc on skins, looking for powder lines.

Perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I just wanna see Bode fight Bob Costas.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

TGR should sign Tiger to slay some mini golf for the cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I would like to avoid the bi-coastal dig waving.
    Me too, that shit is played out however, I do need to add one thing (for the sake of thoroughness) to the following post.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    you know nothing...

Davenport- Attitash, NH
    Hugo- Quebec
    PY- Quebec
    Nobis- GMVS, VT
    Moles-GMVS, VT
    Swany- Mt. Snow, VT
    He didn't start in the east, but Shane went to Burke Mountain Academy, I'd say that qualifies him (at least partially) as a "racer from back east" and I'm sure we'd all agree that he epitomized "big mountain ripper".

Now back to your regularly scheduled east vs. west, racer vs. big mountain and other associated pissing matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by the Mad View Post
    Benny, you're a douche. I grew up skiing Sunapee and here I am at Jackson. I've been skiing bc in Utah and now here for years. Cannon is one of the premier mountains in New England. Alta is the same size as Cannon and much less fall line skiing. Most heli lines in AK aren't much more than 2k.

Wrong. period. It takes one day for a solid EC skier to learn how to ski powder. The shit isn't rocket science, nor highly technical.
    The lines in the west are MUCH steeper than those back east. It really is not even close. It takes time to adjust and learn to handle oneself in steep terrain. You are not Micah Black yet. Come back and talk about the adjustment when you are.

Gonads is exactly right on this issue, whether you like it or not. It amazes me just how many homer east coast skier there are out there. They just have to try and spout off about how great their flat little hills made them.

Oh, and I grew up back east too, so don't say I'm a west coast guy bashing the east.

Most heli lines in AK are not more than 2000 feet, that is true. They are, however, MUCH steeper than anything back east. Western mountains give much better preparation for serious steeps. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that a Tahoe skier will handle steeps better than a New Hampshire one. Assuming the other way around is absurd. Look at the guys who get AK segments in the movies. ALL of them live out west. Some of them grew up back east, but they all had time in western mountains before graduating to AK.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

After reading this thread yesterday, asked the man himself last night. AK, most probably...filming, most probably not. He got into more detail but I'm not about to divulge that here.

meh a good skier/rider develops over time and by skiing with others and challenging themselves. Probably no way to truely determine which area produces better skiers. All comes down to athleticism. I will say this though, there is a reason why most of the lines that get attention are in the west, because it is simply better. Even JJ said,

"the last 10 yrs in Jackson made me the rider I am today"

Something to be said for growing up in the West where everything is bigger and better, I think it makes for a bolder rider...
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    days with 2-3ft of fresh and bluebird skies at Termas de Chillan
    That was all I really read in this thread and 5 minutes later can't stop thinking about. That would be one siiick place to have epic conditions.

Who would you say is a 'better ice skater' ? A top level figure skater or top level hockey player? I have always wondered.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    After reading this thread yesterday, asked the man himself last night. AK, most probably...filming, most probably not. He got into more detail but I'm not about to divulge that here.
    Yet more useless name dropping!

This thread sucks.

Screw Bode, I want to see Aksel Lund Svindal. That guy would tear AK a new one. Atomic would need to build him a 212 Atlas, though. Guy is a fucking tank...
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Seriously! I'd love to see the Viking throw down in AK.

Aksel has had some segments in Norwegian films with Kongvinter??

Him and Bode just need to convince clothing sponsor Kjus to make some freeride oriented gear, ie. not racer slim.

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    you know nothing...

Davenport- Attitash, NH
    Hugo- Quebec
    PY- Quebec
    Nobis- GMVS, VT
    Moles-GMVS, VT
    Swany- Mt. Snow, VT
    JimS-Jiminy Peak, MA
    Bow to your sensai!
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

I'd rather see TGR sign Julia Mancusso...
    This is the worst pain EVER!