Utah Utah Utah Beta

As perhaps noticed in a previous thread, I have a few days free and ptex loaded into the car. With the past Utah snow and 2-3 feet forecasted ( http://www.met.utah.edu/cgi-bin/wx/frcst_warning.cgi) for the mountains, I think I may be headed to SLC, and I'm looking for a little help/info.

Where can I stay/car camp/snow camp/sleep. For free. The free part is important.

What does the snowpack look like? Is it going to be unskiable death if another 2-3 feet come down? From what I've read it appears that it is currentlly falling on a decent base, I can't believe too much hoar will grow on the surface before it comes down, but what layers are kicking around down under? A few thoughts as to what to expect, what aspects might be decent would be wicked helpful.

Brighton on Friday? Worth it? Do they have open gates?

And partners for bc. Is anyone interested. I would be making turns this Thursday and Saturday outa bounds for sure, maybe Friday. It would be fun. I swear.

I'm also broke broke broke. Any ideas on cheap hook-ups.

Gimme your expansive Utarded knowledge.

The biggest danger isn't from hoar, but from weak wind slabs that have developed. I noticed them on north and east facing slopes the most, but there has also been a great deal of cross laoding on western facing slopes. The pack so far has settled out pretty quickly after a loading event, but who knows what kind of sensitivites will be triggered by adding a couple more feet. If it is low density snow, it may not have a huge impact, if it is high density snow, it will be easy to trigger a previously loaded slope. So far. most slides that I know of have been confined to new snow and shallow wind slabs. Check the Utah Avalanche Forecast Center for updates. They are not issuing daily advisories yet, but they will be able to provide better info then I can.

I wish I had room to offer you, but I don't. My driveway is even full at the moment. Wal mart lets people set up there RV's in their parking lots, I don't see why you couldn't sleep in your car there.

My schedule for Sat is up in the air, the significant other starts working again on Sat, so I may need to watch the kids. If I can find some one willing to be tortured by 2 one year old boys who are ona mission to destroy everything in site, I'll be up in upper LCC somewhere, probably Cardiff, Days, or Silver Fork.

If you need a place to crash...i'm a couple minutes from the mouth of LCC.

Shoot me a PM.
    you sketchy character, you