Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WORST FAIL IN OLYMPIC HISTORY?

VIDEO HERE...http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ond-crash.html

French woman Marion Rolland crashed yards from the start as she began her bid for gold at the Winter Games in Vancouver.

The 27-year-old left the starting gate and within a blink of an eye lost her balance. She toppled over and landed in the snow in front of stunned spectators.

Rolland lay slumped motionless and sobbing on the ground as fellow competitors and fans gasped in shock at the replays.

After four years of training, Rolland was hopeful of winning a medal in the women's downhill event at the course in Whistler Mountain.

She is ranked seventh in the World Cup downhill rankings and came fifth in last year's World Championship.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0ful8vskN

SHIT

THE

BED
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Well she's still a better skier than you and just making a french olympic team is probably more than you've accomplished in the last year.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

pretty Epic Fail tho!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Well she's still a better skier than you and just making a french olympic team is probably more than you've accomplished in the last year.
    or ever....
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Sorry if I made the wrong impression. I feel bad for her. I don't think she sucks. She's 7th in the world for fucks sake. I do think it's a crazy thing that was a big fail and worth posting.

gunit130 Guest
    New requirement for the Olympic skiing events: - must know how to ski.

i wish i never hooked an edge. sometimes it happens. and never when you where thinking "now would be a good time to catch an edge".
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Blah,blah,blah!

The fact that she is a better skier does not make her immune to being mocked. Stop being so fucking serious. Is this TGR or Epic?
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    The fact that she is a better skier does not make her immune to being mocked. Stop being so fucking serious. Is this TGR or Epic?
    i bet she would win a real life ski off, and a e-ski off.

seriously.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

She could probably kick my ass in a fight too. I wasn't trying to rip her skills I just recognized a big fail and posted it. I feel terrible for her, ok? Really!

Sometimes I wish I was just there, to whip out a thinly-sliced roast beef sandwich on a hoagie roll and a cup of steaming au jus, and say "papa's here to make it better."

At least she's French.

catching and edge while skating hard on DH skis is very easy to do. I would think anyone who has ever been in the sport can relate to this experience.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

If you think her skiing's full of fail, do a search for her pictures.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

she clearly sucks

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Sometimes I wish I was just there, to whip out a thinly-sliced roast beef sandwich on a hoagie roll and a cup of steaming au jus, and say "papa's here to make it better."
    ha. FTW.

Blah,blah,blah!

Well it's one thing to mock someone for being a douchebag, and a little different to mock someone for a simple mistake when even by being in the situation to begin with shows more determination and hard work than a bunch of 'skiers' sitting at a computer.

It's just not that funny. It kind of sucks actually. And it's kind of a weird frat boy response to revel in it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Don't know which is worse, falling out of the gate or being on a medal run and crashing at the finish line. Both suck.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I laughed at it at first but then i just felt terrible for her. We've all had that moment while skating of getting caught on our outside edge and it just being "oh shit oh shit oh shit" and hers came at a really really shitty time. I had it happen at the end of an SL race, came over the finish line on the outside edge of one ski, the other one flailing around up in the air. When you're skating like your life depends on it and you're on skinny skis with sharp edges it's easier than it seems to catch an edge

I dunno I just felt bad, it really sucks for her regardless of how funny it looks on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Well it's one thing to mock someone for being a douchebag, and a little different to mock someone for a simple mistake when even by being in the situation to begin with shows more determination and hard work than a bunch of 'skiers' sitting at a computer.

It's just not that funny. It kind of sucks actually. And it's kind of a weird frat boy response to revel in it.
    Do you need a tissue to wipe your crying eyes?

She's French...she didn't lose, she just surrendered.
    Training for Alpental

Do you need a tissue to wipe your crying eyes?

She's French...she didn't lose, she just surrendered.
    There's a big difference between crying and letting a moron know he's such.

Maybe you'll grow up enough one day to realize the not so subtle difference.

But right now, you're a guy reveling in watching some chick make a mistake that will bug her the rest of her life to the point she collapses in tears. That's just really kind of a dumb stance to stand strong on.

In the meantime, go try to skate on some dh boards at full bore and see how that works out for you.

Having made simple mistakes before, I feel for her. And I bet there are many naturally tallented athletes who could have medalled in the olympics, but failed to live up to their potential because of laziness/immaturity/general douchebaggery--any of which is a far greater fail than catching an edge leaving the start gate.

5 second crash? I saw 2 second, 2.5 tops. I feel bad for her. She might not get another chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

SHIT HAPPENS

It must have sucked to be her yesterday

Death by
    (Poopenhousen)

for her

She looks kinda heafty for a French Girl