Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johngenx View Post
    I went nordic skiing on Monday (holiday here) and 90% of the skiers were youngish, fit, women in skin tight lycra. A hulluva good workout AND sweet ass-scenery? Win.
    2 of my last 3 GF's are xc skiers

an xc area is a good palce to meet women

if you happen to be in the market for an older model they will be in great shape

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Whew!!! Thanks guys.

Sounds like I still like the ladies. That's a relief.
    Well watching the ladies biathlon assured me, I wasn't. Just FTR, here's the Canadian biathlon team:

Last edited by Alpinord; 02-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Well watching the ladies biathlon assured me, I wasn't. Just FTR, here's the Canadian biathlon team:

I think I could hit that target prone.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    1)

=

=

=

=

Fukin zipperliner got ya all pegged
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Only downside is the snot drip.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Fukin zipperliner got ya all pegged
    Wrong!

=

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

They can handle my gun any time.

Which reminds me of an army story my a bud told me. In bootcamp you do not call your rifle a "gun". If you do, you have to stand on the parade ground all night with your dick in one hand, and your rifle in the other calling out..."This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for fighting, the others for fun."

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Yeah it's so much more ghey when to wear lycra on XC skis than it is to wear it on DH skis.

It always amuses me when people call road cyclists and nordic skiers ghey for wearing spandex....but nothing is ever mentioned about football players putting their hands on each others spandex-wearing asses:

^^^For the record, Peyton Manning is gay, XC is not.

Love classic for exploring and really like skate for a bike-like workout.
    I do it more than alpine (which seems like a joke compared to nordic).

Quote Originally Posted by trainnvain View Post
    Love classic for exploring and really like skate for a bike-like workout.
    I do it more than alpine (which seems like a joke compared to nordic).
    Skating takes what seems like 30% more effort than cycling of any sort. Skating seems to improve your fitness in what seems like overnight.

To check out the G-level of nordic skiing, watch the combined men's Nordic Team/4x5 km CC. How many here could keep up?

Go USA!
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Hog Loppet (30km loppet from Mission Ridge to Blewett Pass) this Saturday. Any maggots doing it?

Fun 50 kilometer skate last week in the Uintas. Skating above 10,000ft is kinda challenging for the lungs. 15 miles of continuous climbing, then a fun, fast skate home.
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/9792712"]Mirror Lake Highway Skate on Vimeo[/ame]

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    When you're ready to take it up a notch....

It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

My son did biathalon for 1 season & used to ski with Megan Tandy from the canadian biathalon team

she was just beginning ,smart the science fair type ,didnt look like an olympic athlete but she obviously stuck with it ,she was 13 at the time ...she appears to have grown up

I used to talk to her mother all the time ... wonder what mom thinks of the poster

^^^or down a notch, since your dog pulls you.

that pict with the dog towing you is called skijoring

what I find with classic is you CAN just plod along up any slope with any style of classic ski but with skating if it gets really steep its hard to get going and maintain glide ,like you are wishing you had a lower gear or 2 but there just aren't any in skating

with skating find a lake that has a foot of settled pow with a crust that will support you and you can skate forever

With no groomed trails near me, I picked up some Nordic classic gear.I have been beating up State Parks. Steeps are shit your pants fun on 200cm skinny skis with no edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Hog Loppet (30km loppet from Mission Ridge to Blewett Pass) this Saturday. Any maggots doing it?
    Did the Hog Loppet with my son and grand daughter. Great day/party. Skiing 25 deg. slopes of chopped powder on skinny skis has to be done to appreciate it. Only thing we did wrong was not telling mama about the chairlift ride until the night before the event. She was more than a little nervous.

Team Photo

The whole story here

http://picasaweb.google.com/wooley12/HogLoppet2010#

Definitely more cute women out there on the skate courses. Just dont get why they dont add 7-8" of razor sharp metal edge = bomb down bigger hills and have something more solid to push off of for more speed...

I have been lusting after something like a Karhu Guide XCD with a three pin binder for longer/mellower tours. Metal edged classic style skis are fun.

I felt like a gaper my first time showing up at the skate place with baggy clothes, too.

Ghey?

Not.

Did you see them boys flying uphill in the Olympic biathlon? With GUNS?

Not Ghey, power-laden!

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^or down a notch, since your dog pulls you.
    Seems like that right up until you have to keep up to a dog that won't quit, up and down and across. You need to pay attention too since you go like hell.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Not ghey.

Recall that some of the Norwegian nordic pro team have the highest VO2max's of any athlete group. Bjorn Daehlie (the king of xc) was pegged to a 96. I'm a heavy road cyclist and a long time x-skater. Grew up skating Mt Van Hovenberg Olympic complex in Lake Placid. Cycling is a walk in the park in comparison. Unreal total-body workout. 30-45mins and you can be toast, without the pavement-knee impact of running. I wish I had better access to track here in Denver...only up in f.range.

Isn't Jeremy Jones known for xc'ing quite a bit during down time?

Nordic skiing at areas can be a bit sterile, but I love it for the exercise. Big race this weekend N of Steamboat: A single 90-km loop, no repeated terrain, well groomed, beautiful terrain. Highlight of my winter.... I finished in last place 5 years ago, but have moved up since then.

In early May one can do crust cruising and skate in the mornings on the frozen surfaces of many nice areas. Recently there was a thread here about skating the 14ers but it was referring to some sort of strange equipment I had no familiarity with. My question: What's the highest anyone has ever ski-skated in the lower 48. There is a spot near the Climax mine where, in May, we skate continuously for a couple of miles to 12900 feet. Can one get higher?