Whistler this weekend?

The olympics are just way too close to pass on going to at least 1 event. I'm thinkin I want to drive up to Whistler Saturday (Feb 20th) morning to watch women's super G. If you buy a ticket to ski, you can just watch from the sidelines without having to pay for an event ticket.

So.... anyone want to go with me that lives in the surrounding areas? I live in Bellingham, it should only be about a 3-3.5 hour drive up there. The race starts at 10am so it would be a super early wakeup call... but we're all skiers/snowboarders and we're used to dawn patrol, so lets go to the olympics!

I'm leaving friday night at around 6 or 7. staying for the weekend. might be one other passenger but there'll be space in the car if you want it.

i would go with you but i have to be back saturday night

good luck on:

driving up (you'll have to be north of squamish before 6am)
    parking (vanoc has everything in the village closed)

if it works out, thats awsome though. you will have the mountain to yourself
    Last edited by farmer; 02-19-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

i dont think ill be able to make it happen, i have no idea where i would park

well i made it happen, but i definitely did not have the mountain to myself. i think thats the last time i drive my jeep across the border. it's a certified drug dog magnet. got inspected on the way up and on the way back. the canadians found 2 small bags of shake in my ceiling that i forgot about, but they let me keep it and no fine. so i just rolled up a j and smoked it on whistler haha thanks canadians!