doughboyshredder Guest

at&t users -- save some money

Just called at&t and found out my plan had gone down 30.00 a month. Of course, you have to request the change.

Call and you might save some coin.

I also called comcast and they lowered my bill 20.00 a month. I called to cancel tv and they came up with a deal which kept me on the tv for 2.00 less than internet only.

What change did you request to lower the bill 30 beans ?
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

YEah, if you're on internet only w/ comcast - good luck trying to get a deal. They are pretty fucking tight w/ that.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    What change did you request to lower the bill 30 beans ?
    To change from my existing plan to the new plan, which is the same plan, but cheaper.

They lowered the price of the plan, but you don't get the new price unless you ask for it.

btw, it's unlimited nationwide.

didja have to re-up your contract for two years?

doughboyshredder Guest
    nope....

I must not be good at this. Called ATT, i'm on the 450 nationwide rollover whatever plan at i think 39/month. Plus the iPhone and text add ons. He said he looked around, and nothing was available. Are you on a family plan?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I think he said nationwide unlimited. That leaves me out as I'm on the same plan you are.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    I must not be good at this. Called ATT, i'm on the 450 nationwide rollover whatever plan at i think 39/month. Plus the iPhone and text add ons. He said he looked around, and nothing was available. Are you on a family plan?
    Same here. I think we are on one of the cheapest plans AT&T has. The plan that DB got would be more expensive anyway.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

It's true, just did it online with an individual unlimited nationwide plan.

It use to be 99.00 now it's down to 69 bucks.

Verizon and a few others lowered their unlimited plans too. However make sure they do not require or add any surcharges to the new bill.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...a_2010-01-22_h

Looks like the deal is that the 450 minute plan (the cheapest one) stayed at $40, so if you're already on the cheapest plan ($40 for 450 minutes, $30 for unlimited data and $5 for text) then your price stays the same. But if you were on the unlimited minutes plan, it dropped from $99 to $69.

Interesting, but I don't think I've ever gone over my minutes anyway so I'll stick with 450...
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

We just called this weekend to finally cancel Comcast and get Dish.
    Selected the option to disconnect, sat on hold for 15+ minutes, then the wife took over.

Total bill with cable internet was just over $200 (cable, premiums, internet, HD and 3 DVRs). Got 2 of 3 DVR fees waived for a year, went from $55 to $19.99 a month for a year for basic cable (which is the promo right now) and cable internet went down $30 a month for a year.

Holy large savings, all total cable for us is now cheaper than Dish with DVR on each TV.
    We will call back in a year and do this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    We just called this weekend to finally cancel Comcast and get Dish.
    Selected the option to disconnect, sat on hold for 15+ minutes, then the wife took over.

Total bill with cable internet was just over $200 (cable, premiums, internet, HD and 3 DVRs). Got 2 of 3 DVR fees waived for a year, went from $55 to $19.99 a month for a year for basic cable (which is the promo right now) and cable internet went down $30 a month for a year.

Holy large savings, all total cable for us is now cheaper than Dish with DVR on each TV.
    We will call back in a year and do this again.
    Best of luck in getting the year 2 and beyond at the "promo rates". They do that keep you. But it may not last, to see what the month 13 bill will be before you get too far into liking all the extras. It could be painful, unless you do move again to some new provider every time the promo offers as they eventually will call your bluff and not offer promo and you will have to move (at least all cable companies around here- no Comcast in the area) work that way.
    Last edited by RShea; 02-17-2010 at 05:19 PM.

I calculated it all out when I switched to Dish when I moved to Victor. Truthfully I would have paid more than I was paying Bresnan over the hill in Jackson.

Either way, all those savings add up over a 2 year contract. I got basically the same deal with Dish (only 1 dvr) and over a 2 year contract Ill save something like 350 bones compared with what I was paying in cable. I only splurge on HBO when Entourage is on, and Showtime for Weeds. Only paying for those 3 months a year is nice when you only watch the channel for one show. DVR it then cancel as soon as the season is over.

I havent had any trouble with signal issues either.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Best of luck in getting the year 2 and beyond at the "promo rates". They do that keep you. But it may not last, to see what the month 13 bill will be before you get too far into liking all the extras. It could be painful, unless you do move again to some new provider every time the promo offers as they eventually will call your bluff and not offer promo and you will have to move (at least all cable companies around here- no Comcast in the area) work that way.
    Actually we are in year 3 of Comcast and yes, month 13 sucked. Called then and got a bit of a break, things creeped up again in cost, called again. Got a one time credit of several hundred $$. We then put off calling Dish for some reason and finally I saw the latest Comcast bill and went through the roof. So my calm wife called them to cancel and she pulled out all the guns as she got us back in the good for the next 12 months.

In a year, bet we go Dish finally. Then play the revolving game of who has the best "promo" deal.

I hear ya loud and clear. But playing the game can get you a win for at least a while.