Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So what you are saying is that you want quality dental care but don't want to pay very much for it..... Dude, you get what you pay for, that's life
    I know. I live downtown because I want to walk to the office. I go to an expensive dentist because he's good and is in the same building as my office. It all costs. Doesn't mean that I don't want to complain about it occasionaly.

I'm really just sandy because I sold some skis, and wanted to use the money on more skis. Then i cracked a tooth.
    Training for Alpental

The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

please die out

That dentist rips

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    500 for one tooth AFTER insurance? GTFO.

Hope you enjoy your new ski's and week carving groomers in Alta...fuckers.
    That boy owns more than one set of new skis, rips harder than most groms and throws down on big AK faces.

But...

that is rather pricey... try Romney Black. Good guy, lower prices.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    500 for one tooth AF
    TER insurance? GTFO.
    Kind of cheap if you had a root canal. If you had worse it would cost more for a tooth. You weren't too specific.

Edit: if it's just a cavity that is pretty rediculous. To get your average cavity filled around here without insurance it only cost me $175 or so without insurance. No dentist would charge anything like that around here.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 02-20-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Scientists discover way to ‘grow’ tooth enamel

Scientists say they have finally cracked the problem of repairing tooth enamel.

Though enamel is the hardest tissue in the body, it cannot self-repair. Now scientists have discovered a method by which its complex structure can be reproduced and the enamel essentially “grown” back.

The team behind the research say the materials are cheap and can be prepared on a large scale. “After intensive discussion with dentists, we believe that this new method can be widely used in future,” said Dr Zhaoming Liu, co-author of the research from Zhejiang University in China.

Tooth decay is extremely common: according to 2016 figures about 2.4 billion people worldwide live with caries in permanent teeth, while 486 million children have decay in their milk teeth.
    Cheap?

We're fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Man, there really are a lot of dentists on this forum. I thought it just a running joke.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What are you? New? You don't pass those savings on to the patient! Materials are cheap, but application is highly specialized and training is costly. Sounds like a down payment on a new yacht to me!

Dentists deserve to make bank. They gotta poke around in other peoples' rank-ass mouths all day?? Fuck that shit you couldn't pay me enough to do that job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Dentists deserve to make bank. They gotta poke around in other peoples' rank-ass mouths all day?? Fuck that shit you couldn't pay me enough to do that job.
    The world needs ditch diggers too, Danny.

I'd happily take that job over dealing with nasty ass teef... Sorry dentists. No offense. I'm sending a couple of g's to your honorable profession this month courtesy of my kid, we cool?

All you dentists can go fuck yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I'd happily take that job over dealing with nasty ass teef... Sorry dentists. No offense. I'm sending a couple of g's to your honorable profession this month courtesy of my kid,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	292661
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Oh rightName:  2ab9d36e8551c45dea553bba5831d30a8609eff7b51bac7c4442f361c6c0ebe0.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  30.3 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1599.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	292663
    Nice try.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Man,,. ...I thought it just a running joke.
    it still is
    ​I am not in your hurry

Man, there really are a lot of dentists on this forum. I thought it just a running joke.
    poor people ski?
    come on skiing is for the well to do upper middle class and the rich
    gotta have some cred to impress buffy and look good when you try to one up your bros

Ya fuck that shit! His dentist was back home banging his wife when he had to do this..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

not unusual considering the focus group

IME there are always medical professionals on a BC hut trip

there are always 2 doctors

often the medical types don't ski well cuz they bill more

when they should be skiing more
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

All you dentists can go fuck yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Solid bump, I don't know how I missed this the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    What are you? New? You don't pass those savings on to the patient! Materials are cheap, but application is highly specialized and training is costly. Sounds like a down payment on a new yacht to me!
    He's British, think about that for a moment...

Hate them all, can't find one I trust. Recently moved and had to find a new dentist. Went to a woman, she filled a cavity no issue but then went on to try to sell all kinds of treatments. Went to another dentist that had a new patient special. Cleaning went fine, x-rays etc. So he does the exam and says I have two cavities, seem a little odd but whatever. I was ok with everything until he gets up to leave and gives me a fist bump, really?? I don't fist bump a dentist I met five minutes ago. So I am still looking for a new dentist.

Name:  dentists.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  57.3 KB

I had a crown put on in January. Motherfucker hurt so bad after I had to get a root canal. Is there any other industry, other than medical, that you can come out of a procedure worse than you went in and get no warranty? Still had to pay $450 for a $900 crown and only $250 for a $1100 root canal. I guess they think crowns are "non-essential"...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Name:  dentists.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  57.3 KB

I had a crown put on in January. Motherfucker hurt so bad after I had to get a root canal. Is there any other industry, other than medical, that you can come out of a procedure worse than you went in and get no warranty? Still had to pay $450 for a $900 crown and only $250 for a $1100 root canal. I guess they think crowns are "non-essential"...
    I had same thing happen once.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Do searches for dentists in San Jose, Costa Rica and Cancun, Mexico. Of, course, these are difficult times for dental tourism, but so is getting work done here. Much cheaper. TripAdvisor has a lot of reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Medicine for sure. If you have an unpreventable complication you get to pay to fix it. If it was preventable they might cut you some slack, but don't count on it. At our hospital if a mistake was made the risk management folks would sometimes approach the patient with an offer of compensation to prevent a lawsuit. But not always or everywhere.

Tax accounting definitely--you ALWAYS come out of that worse than you went in.