Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Decided by 'Skins Game

Hijacked Political Bullshit Thread

"The outcome of Washington Redskins football games has correctly predicted the winner of every U.S. presidential election since 1936.

The Redskins have proved to be a time-tested election predictor. In the previous 15 elections, if the Skins have lost their last home game prior to the election, the incumbent party has lost the White House. When they have won, the incumbent has stayed in power.

This election year, that deciding game takes place on Sunday, October 31 ... vs. Green Bay."

Original article @ Ben Maller.com
    Last edited by FNG; 10-25-2004 at 10:19 PM.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

LET'S GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    LET'S GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember that day when 1000's of Americans died for no reason, except that they were at work? John Kerry says that day didn't change him, and that terrorism should be only viewed as a nuisance.....Fuck John Kerry and the Packers.

Wink

oh god... I have to cheer for the FUDGE!?!

...must...think....of.....greater....good....

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Remember that day when 1000's of Americans died for no reason, except that they were at work? John Kerry says that day didn't change him, and that terrorism should be only viewed as a nuisance.....Fuck John Kerry and the Packers.
    come on blurred, you are smarter than this (i hope)...this quote about reducing terrorism to a "nusisance" has totally been taken out of context and exploited by Rove, Bush and Cheney for the campaign stump speaches....

do you really belive that a Kerry administration would ignore terroism?

AND, your boy and his team were asleep at the wheel prior to 9/11, and have since used it (shame on them) to push their NeoCon doctrine of re-shaping the middle east (yeah, what a success Iraq has been so far...)

anyway, its cool if you vote for GB, and support/believe in him and his policies, etc, that's what's so great about America. We just happen to disagree.

And Farve is gonna go off on the 31st

I absolutely despise the GBP...but not as much as GWB.

Go Packers!!!
    Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic...

come on blurred, you are smarter than this (i hope)...this quote about reducing terrorism to a "nusisance" has totally been taken out of context and exploited by Rove, Bush and Cheney for the campaign stump speaches....
    Seriously dude, do some research, that's what the waffler said.

do you really belive that a Kerry administration would ignore terroism?
    The dumbfuck wants to bring it down to a "police" matter, and have the U.N. take charge of things.

AND, your boy and his team were asleep at the wheel prior to 9/11, and have since used it (shame on them) to push their NeoCon doctrine of re-shaping the middle east (yeah, what a success Iraq has been so far...)
    Actually, it was your boy Clinton that fucked up and didn't take Osama when he could have, even after being a known terrorist, THAT would of prevented 9-11. Which also brings up the point, no cases of terrorism in the USA since 9-11...you know why? Because they're busy running from us over in Iraq and Afghanistan....Ever wonder why Iraq han't been easy going???....BECAUSE IT'S FULL OF FUCKING TERRORISTS!!!!!

anyway, its cool if you vote for GB, and support/believe in him and his policies, etc, that's what's so great about America. We just happen to disagree.
    We can disagree, but I hope you do your research before voting and look at the big picture before voting. Your safety is more important before all of the other issues in this election, and Bush knows that. Kerry wants to get Germany and France on board, who have already said they won't.....Kerry is full of shit, saying anything to get elected.
    A pussy in the White House could possibly get you killed.
    That's lame.

A pussy in the White House could possibly get you killed.
    That's lame.
    It's funny - I was wondering who the target audience for Cheney's absurd rhetoric of "vote for Kerry and you may die" was. Now I know.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt
    It's funny - I was wondering who the target audience for Cheney's absurd rhetoric of "vote for Kerry and you may die" was. Now I know.
    Cheney said that? Wow, never heard that, it's a conclusion I came to on my own. How is it "rhetoric"? Remember 9-11 WSD? Lots of people died, and Kerry wants to go back to a pre 9-11 mentality. Guess you already forgot......

I am more concerned that the moon will fly out of its orbit if the Sox win the World Series. Do you realize the havoc that would cause.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Which also brings up the point, no cases of terrorism in the USA since 9-11
    Brett, I hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure that there will be another attack made on us by terrorists within the next decade. Remember- 9-11 was YEARS in the planning. I'm sure they've got a few other plans in the works, and no matter what, one of their plans will probably be realized. It might not be as large scale as 9-11, or even OK City, but something will happen in the near future.

The terrorists don't give a fuck who the president is- the fact that there IS a president is enough for them.

I think John Ashcroft is reason enough to vote Bush out. If you took half the things the Islamic fundamentalists and replaced the words "Mohammed, Allah, and Koran" with "Jesus, God, and the Bible", they would probably resemble Ashcroft quotes.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Plakespear
    Brett, I hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure that there will be another attack made on us by terrorists within the next decade. Remember- 9-11 was YEARS in the planning. I'm sure they've got a few other plans in the works, and no matter what, one of their plans will probably be realized. It might not be as large scale as 9-11, or even OK City, but something will happen in the near future.

The terrorists don't give a fuck who the president is- the fact that there IS a president is enough for them.

I think John Ashcroft is reason enough to vote Bush out. If you took half the things the Islamic fundamentalists and replaced the words "Mohammed, Allah, and Koran" with "Jesus, God, and the Bible", they would probably resemble Ashcroft quotes.

I think you're missing the point. Having a president who is doing EVERYTHING in his power to prevent another attack is more effective then some pussy who won't even acknowledge the seriousness of 9-11.

Also, now you're feeling sorry for the dumbfucks that killed 3000+ people on 9-11. Survival of the fittest doesn't work with having compassion for someone trying to kill you.

I think you're missing the point. Having a president who is doing EVERYTHING in his power to prevent another attack is more effective then some pussy who won't even acknowledge the seriousness of 9-11.

Also, now you're feeling sorry for the dumbfucks that killed 3000+ people on 9-11. Survival of the fittest doesn't work with having compassion for someone trying to kill you.
    Everything in his power?!? did you by chance check CNN today? Something about several TONS of explosives missing? Where do you think they went? Who was on duty when they were stolen? BUSH.

And "some pussy who won't even acknowledge the seriousness of 9-11?"

Kerry on 9/20/04 at NYU:
    September 20, 2004

New York, NY - I am honored to be here at New York University -- one of the great urban universities, not just in New York, but in the world.* You have set a high standard for global dialogue and I hope to live up to that tradition today.

This election is about choices.* The most important choices a President makes are about protecting America… at home and around the world.* A president’s first obligation is to make America safer, stronger and truer to our ideals.**

Only a few blocks from here, three years ago, the events of September 11 reminded every American of that obligation.* That day brought to our shores the defining struggle of our times:* the struggle between freedom and radical fundamentalism.* And it made clear that our most important task is to fight… and to win… the war on terrorism.

With us today is a remarkable group of women who lost loved ones on September 11th … and whose support I am honored to have.* Not only did they suffer an unbearable loss – they helped us learn the lessons of that terrible time by insisting on the creation of the 9/11 Commission.* I ask them to stand.* And I thank them on behalf of our country -- and I pledge to them and to you that I will implement the 9-11 recommendations.

In fighting the war on terrorism, my principles are straightforward.* The terrorists are beyond reason.* We must destroy them.* As president, I will do whatever it takes, as long as it takes, to defeat our enemies.* But billions of people around the world yearning for a better life are open to America’s ideals.** We must reach them.*

To win, America must be strong.* And America must be smart.* The greatest threat we face is the possibility Al Qaeda or other terrorists will get their hands on a nuclear weapon.**

To prevent that from happening, we must call on the totality of America’s strength.* Strong alliances, to help us stop the world’s most lethal weapons from falling into the most dangerous hands.* A powerful military, transformed to meet the new threats of terrorism and the spread of weapons of mass destruction.** And all of America’s power – our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, the appeal of our values – each of which is critical to making America more secure and preventing a new generation of terrorists from emerging.**
    To say he "won't even acknowledge the seriousness...." seems a little unsupportable...

Anyway, I don't want to start a flame war, it's winter and there's too much stoke on here now. I try to respect everyone's views, and I respect yours, but I think you don't have a leg to stand on when you say something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    I think you're missing the point. Having a president who is doing EVERYTHING in his power to prevent another attack
    you mean, like leaving tons of explosives around for other people to use?

quit while you're behind brett.
    Last edited by tuffy109; 10-25-2004 at 07:15 PM.
    fine

9-11 was very serious, We should have tried our hardest to find the men resposible. We should have used every last bit of our resources to protect ourselves. I totally agree with you. In fact, we should still be using all of our resouces to protect ourselves from terrorism. Sadly, this isnt the case, We have hundereds of thousands of troops (not to mention Dollars) in a country that had less to do with 9/11 than half of the rest of the world (i.e. most of the hi-jackers were saudis). Sure there may have been terroists in Iraq, But are we forgetting that Al-queda had hundreds of members right here in the good ol' usa? Iraq was a bad Idea, admit it. THere were no WMD's, Iraq wont be a worthwhile ally in the middle-east any time in the next 20 years. The world was so full of violence why did we have to go create a new war that wasn't nessacary?

Quote Originally Posted by Duker
    9-11 was very serious, We should have tried our hardest to find the men resposible. We should have used every last bit of our resources to protect ourselves. I totally agree with you. In fact, we should still be using all of our resouces to protect ourselves from terrorism. Sadly, this isnt the case, We have hundereds of thousands of troops (not to mention Dollars) in a country that had less to do with 9/11 than half of the rest of the world (i.e. most of the hi-jackers were saudis). Sure there may have been terroists in Iraq, But are we forgetting that Al-queda had hundreds of members right here in the good ol' usa? Iraq was a bad Idea, admit it. THere were no WMD's, Iraq wont be a worthwhile ally in the middle-east any time in the next 20 years. The world was so full of violence why did we have to go create a new war that wasn't nessacary?

75% of Al-Qaida is locked up or dead. Terrorists are too busy running from us in Iraq and Afghanistan to be able to plan something else. You suggesting that Iraq should of stayed the terrorist state it was is rediculous. It's the war on terror. Zarqawi ran to Baghdad when Saddam was there, he's still there. The fucker used to run terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. He's one of the ones behind all of the bombings there lately.

Everyone is so dumbfounded that there are attacks in Iraq...There are terrorists there..............

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    Everything in his power?!? did you by chance check CNN today? Something about several TONS of explosives missing? Where do you think they went? Who was on duty when they were stolen? BUSH.
    Yup, the big scoop at CNN today was shit that happened 18 months ago.... There's your liberal media hard at work.

And "some pussy who won't even acknowledge the seriousness of 9-11?"

Kerry on 9/20/04 at NYU:
    So is this another example of Kery flip-flopping? I think so. He's a slick talking politician who gives a speech like that, then goes and says 9-11 didn't change him, and referes to terrorism as a nuisance comparing it to prostitution and gambling. Either way he's a 2-faced douchebag STILL trying to say whatever he can to win the election.

Everyone is so dumbfounded that there are attacks in Iraq...There are terrorists there..............
    sadam and al queda were not allies. sadam and osama did not like one another. sadam was a brutal dictator, and as such, no real terrorists or related activity could flourish in iraq while he was in power. when we removed him, we created a vaccum (by failing to propely plan for the aftermath by providing a strong police presence to insure stability and keep rioting - and theft, like the explosives just revealed today that were stolen - to a minimum). GW SR made a call to not take Sadam out during the first gulf war for this very reason....

Now that Sadam is gone and the US is there alone, we/Iraq are a huge target for terrorists. Your Orwelian logic that there are terrorists is Iraq is maddening. They are there NOW becuase of this decision to invade the country, unseat Sadam, and not planning propely to deal with the aftermath.

Prior to this, Iraq (remember, no WMDs) was not a threat to us. Iraq was, at best, a nusince. If we follow your logic (and Bush's), then let's invade Saudi Aribia: they have a had a bigger and more direct impact/link to al queda and terrorism than Sadam and Iraq.....
    Last edited by freshies; 10-25-2004 at 08:38 PM.

sadam and al queda were not allies. sadam and osama did not like one another. sadam was a brutal dictator, and as such, no real terrorists or related activity could flourish in iraq while he was in power.

Saddam was a terrorist paying the families of palestinian terrorists $25,000 for each suicide bomber that died. It's called state-funded terrorism, maybe you've heard of it. Like I said, please do your research before saying such ignorant things. Don't you want the truth instead of what a bunch of sheep have told you?

invade Saudi Ariba:
    Is this that island next to Aruba? Yeah, let's carpet bomb 'em!

Jesus christ...a light-hearted non-partisan piece of election trivia has turned into a flame war. What are you going to do with yourselves after the election is over? My guess is ram your heads against each other.

...seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    Jesus christ...a light-hearted non-partisan piece of election trivia has turned into a flame war. What are you going to do with yourselves after the election is over? My guess is ram your heads against each other.

...seriously...
    We're going to celebrate the Redskins defeat of the fudgePackers!!! http://tetongravity.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Considering the fudgePackers have a defense more banged up than Jenna Jamison, and Brett Favre's Jesus status being recinded this season, I'm gonna have to agree with you.

Everyone is so dumbfounded that there are attacks in Iraq
    Well, that's because we were told that the US troops would be greeted with flowers and chocolate and the Iraqui people would be oh so happy to see the tanks and humvees roll into Bagdhad.

Brett, I love this country, and what it stands for. I don't like the idea of my freedoms being trampled in the name of security. I have a hard time with the policy of pre-emptive strikes. As someone who was unjustly incarcerated in a series of "pre-emptive" arrests, I know that my freedom is being threatened more by the US government than by Al-Quaeda.

Since you spent a lot of the summer moaning about the lack of ski related threads in here, I'll make this ski related.

Open boundary policies at resorts: These do not make the resort any safer. If anything, they make them more dangerous, since people are more likely to ski in the BC if they are not afraid of losing there pass. There is a risk that more people will be hurt or killed in an avy, cliff, or hitting a tree than if they only were allowed to ski on piste. But people are willing to accept those risks, in exchange for the frredom to ski where they want to.

We could eliminate terrorism in the US if we resorted to a police state. There aren't many terrorist attacks in Cuba or North Korea. Because anyone even suspected of being a terrorist is locked up- without a trial, or even proof of their guilt. And we could do the same in the US, but it wouldn't be the US anymore, would it?

It seems those who support the war in Iraq often say "Freedom isn't Free"- a phrase that they somehow think justifies the fact that thousands of American troops have died in Iraq. Well, in my opinion the thousands killed in the 9-11 attacks gave just as much for freedom as any soldier, sailor, or pilot. They died so we can live in a fee society, not a police state. If we changed our policies and laws, the terrorists might not have succeeded in their mission, but the cost to our personal freedom might be greater.

EDIT: Seeing as how the Bosox are 2-0 in the Series so far, I think that this might be the year that certain streaks end.
    Last edited by Plakespear; 10-25-2004 at 09:34 PM.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)