Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    To the O.P. --

If you haven't already factored this in to your decision making:
    - most $ you pour into a vehicle (any vehicle) is lost $ -- you will not make it back upon resale
    - modified vehicles are harder to sell than stock vehicles -- much smaller pool of people who are interested in buying your exact mods
    - you may jeopardize your warranty and your insurance coverage (some insurers will specifically ask you about modifications, and may either decline to cover the non-stock parts, or decline to issue coverage at all)

If you're OK with all that, then by all means, go ahead and build your dream car. Just realize that it comes at a cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

If I had 5k to mod an outback:

I'd buy a hitch, trailer and snowmobile.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    To the O.P. --

If you haven't already factored this in to your decision making:
    - most $ you pour into a vehicle (any vehicle) is lost $ -- you will not make it back upon resale
    - modified vehicles are harder to sell than stock vehicles -- much smaller pool of people who are interested in buying your exact mods
    - you may jeopardize your warranty and your insurance coverage (some insurers will specifically ask you about modifications, and may either decline to cover the non-stock parts, or decline to issue coverage at all)

If you're OK with all that, then by all means, go ahead and build your dream car. Just realize that it comes at a cost.
    Yeah I realize all of that... This isn't really my "dream car", but I want to keep it for the next 6-7 years, so I thought I might as well make it fun to drive
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Thread should have ended when you compare fun factor of 4wd to Fwd. Subie more fun hands down.
    You've never driven an Integra R or GSR before. Best handling FWD cars ever made. Did well in snow with the right tires too! Much as I love my WRX, the Integra was as much a drivers car as you can find for the price. Of course, you have to deal with everyone getting their panties in a bunch about your "ricer."

The RSX's suck though. Honda has gone downhill.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Integra Type R was not a "drivers" car. FWD=/drivers car
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

I don't think it's fair to say all FWD cars aren't driver's cars. I would say my GTI is very much a driver's car.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    Yeah I realize all of that... This isn't really my "dream car", but I want to keep it for the next 6-7 years, so I thought I might as well make it fun to drive
    I'm pretty sure the turbo diesel outback is coming here in a year or so. It gets unbelievable mileage and the torque in the mountains would definitely be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    Sorry I re-read this and it sounded pretty cocky/unappreciative... I do appreciate your help
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Integra Type R was not a "drivers" car. FWD=/drivers car
    I agree that from a performance standpoint RWD is typically the way to go but the R was a BIG exception.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."