Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Olympic Hockey Thread...

...men's hockey. I hope the US women do well, but I'd rather watch curling.

Anyway, to start things off, I am a Rangers fan and I have the utmost respect for Chris Drury but does he belong on the team? Yeah, leadership and clutch and blah blah blah but he hasn't been all that clutch since leaving Buffalo and the Rangers have frequently been lazy and indifferent with him wearing the C. I say his spot should've gone to someone with speed, skill, and something to prove. Regardless, I think we're only going as far as the goalies take us but anything can happen in a single elimination tournament so it will definitely be interesting.

By the way, I don't intend this to be a USA only thread. I am looking forward to reading all the bitching and moaning while/when you canucks choke.

My predictions:

Gold: Sweden (repeating w/Lundqvist as the unofficial MVP)
    Silver: Czech Republic (w/Jagr proving he's still the best player the NHL has seen since Lemieux)
    Bronze: USA (beating an indifferent Canada in the consolation game)

Discuss...
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

No russia ?

They are crazy deep up front and really want this one.

IMHO Sweden doesn't have the fire power to hang with the big boys on N/A sized rinks and Canada just has too much pressure.

Gold:Russia
    Silver: Canada
    Bronze: Sweden
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Fuck Russia. Former commy fucks.

Actually, you're right. If Russia doesn't get at least silver I'll be surprised. Just wanted to be controversial.

And as for Sweden not having the firepower, that's where Hank comes in.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

I just caught a glimpse of the Swiss womens' coach. That's the scariest human? I've ever seen in my life. There's no way I'm sleeping right tonight.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Does the USA team suck that much?

Gold: Canada
    Silver: Russia
    Bronze: USA [Miller will have learned to watch the puck instead of the players in front of the net.]
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Today's like christmas

G: Canada
    S: USA
    B: Russia

So it looks as if Tomas Holmstrom is out...but Johan Franzen will be taking his place, don't know how that's gonna affect SWE. What do you guys think about this whole goalie mask debacle? I say just let em play, fuck the bullshit regulations. It'll look pretty funny if Team USA's goalies are skating around with electrical tape hanging off thier masks though...maybe it'll add fuel to the fire, i dunno. And although miller does have a tendancy to do that Tye 1on, a few games i watched him play at state he was Mr. Stonwall Jackson II. We'll see how far he takes us!

Miller is exhausted dude see's 3 on 1's all night and now he has to play more games on another team in which he has to stand on his head for them to win.

I just don't see that happening when you play a team like Canada or Russia who can ice a line of Ovechkin, Malkin and Datsyuk/Kovalchuk.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

they play hockey at the Olympics? All I see is Lindsey Vonn, figure skating and polar bears. there hasn't been one game on NBC that I know of.

2/16 USA vs Swiss at 3pm eastern on USA Network

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    they play hockey at the Olympics? All I see is Lindsey Vonn, figure skating and polar bears. there hasn't been one game on NBC that I know of.
    That's because the first round starts today, see there is this thing called the NHL and they don't like playing the Stanley Cup in August so Olympic hockey couldn't start before today as the athletes do need time to get to Vancouver.

Olympic hockey - like an all star game, except the players actually care, the ice is the size it shoud be for these guys to be creative, f NBC for putting their heads up their asses

G:canada
    S:Russia
    B:Czech

unfortunately, the US continues its apatheic ways (hope I am wrong)

Huh haven't seen any hockey yet, didn't know it was in the Olympics this time around.

Saw Asian (China maybe)Figure Skaters throwing a football around though while I was waiting for the the rest of the downhillers to go and for the final round of boarder cross. Thought maybe Asian Figure Skater football had replaced hockey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Huh haven't seen any hockey yet, didn't know it was in the Olympics this time around...
    Guess the winky is implied.

It'll be weird rooting AGAINST Ovie for the next 2 weeks. Ryan Miller better fucking stand on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Guess the winky is implied.
    You could say that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

FKNA USA!!!

Wooohooooo 2-0

Nice Goal!

JONG question: Is fighting allowed in Olympic hockey?

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    JONG question: Is fighting allowed in Olympic hockey?
    I want to say it's an ejection

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    I want to say it's an ejection
    you are correct, sir.

"Players fighting in Olympic hockey receive a match penalty and are ejected from the game. "

3 points for USA

Lets go Norway, beat the Canadian evil hockey empire.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    the ice is the size it shoud be for these guys to be creative
    Not this time around
    http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...s_35724uY.html

Lots of people think that smaller ice is more conducive to offence, or at least less conducive to boring defensive stuff like the trap. It certainly keeps the energy in the game.

Canada looks good - glad to see Iggy get onto the first line and notch the hat trick!