Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    not a lot of made in canada skis,
    Prior?
    El hefe is rocking some vernon made proto's
    Kootney powder sticks?
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Boomtown Dale (Koot Powder Sticks) recently build a shop on his property to make his skis there, I hear. It's the arched metal building on the left as you leave Nelson going south.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    yes, the skiing hotbed of sequim.
    You are JUST jealous the blue hairs have better access to skis than you....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Xalibu

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I was trying to think of any skis made in Canada and I came up empty.

That doesn't make sense....
    Try XALIBU skis...

Quote Originally Posted by m28e9d View Post
    Try XALIBU skis...
    Why? Is that your company, so you just joined TGR and resurrected a 12 year old thread to promote it in your first post?

Looks like legit skis made in Canada

https://xalibuskis.com/en/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Looks like legit skis made in Canada

https://xalibuskis.com/en/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Utopie MFG in Rimouski are manufacturing 12,000 pairs of skis a year, for a variety of companies including J skis, G3, and presumably anyone who can meet their minimum orders. Xalibu seems a new passion project for a quirky bunch of Québécois. Whoever wrote that marketing copy obviously speaks English as a second language.

I tried a couple of their skis at a demo day at (Mont) Alta. They were nice! The finish from the Utopie factory is legit, it skied well on a very solid mix of conditions on the 400' hill. I wish them luck, they're very involved in opening new managed backcountry areas in the province.

Xalibu - start a new thread in Tech Talk and tell people why your skis are different (and maybe prepare for some abuse too).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Instinct Skis made in Rossland, BC
    https://instinctskis.com/

Dims look good and decent price. Pretty light. Id like to see some rocker profile picks. No mention of any taper numbers. Looks like a nice tip taper though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

For the boarders

https://www.tbsnowboard.com/

This is a relatively new brand, made in Quebec. Have not tried their products or seen reviews but they seem affordable. The riders they sponsor don't fuck around. No webpage for you hanglish esti.
    27° 18°

we had a guy up here making skis, heat press/ computer controled cnc cores, they were very well made, he was basicly trying to replicate a ski factory in his shop, everything was scrupuoulsy clean you would be told to not put your beer down anywhere as opposed to most garage ops, I did the tour a number of times took journalists in there, Lee Lau called him "an artist who will never make any money "

I had dinner with him fall of 2019 and he was telling us he had it all planned out to selling out of town to start up a project in Zincton sold his house/ shop , then all hell broke loose with land issues, the Covid hit, not sure what happened ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Seeing as though this thread has been resurrected.

https://paradiseskis.com/

Started up two years ago. I've bought two pairs from them so far (pics in the quiver thread) and they're putting out a new lineup next season. From what I saw it's 50/50 weights (~1800-1900g in longest length, except for one), mounts around -5/-6, semi-twins, and very stiff tails. They really, really hate getting backseat, but I've already appreciated their durability.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Instinct Skis made in Rossland, BC
    https://instinctskis.com/
    I have never met Al Eagleton but he used to be up here and ze guide tells me Al pretty much built Burnie Hut with voly help, all the wood got flown in during the 9/11 lock down of N.A. airspace cuz we also had a really good local pilot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've had 3 pair of Skevik skis, they're beautiful and ski really well.

www.skevikskis.com

They're out of Vernon, el Hefe on here has even more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we had a guy up here making skis, heat press/ computer controled cnc cores, they were very well made, he was basicly trying to replicate a ski factory in his shop, everything was scrupuoulsy clean you would be told to not put your beer down anywhere as opposed to most garage ops, I did the tour a number of times took journalists in there, Lee Lau called him "an artist who will never make any money "

I had dinner with him fall of 2019 and he was telling us he had it all planned out to selling out of town to start up a project in Zincton sold his house/ shop , then all hell broke loose with land issues, the Covid hit, not sure what happened ??
    I went up the chair last weekend with Brian and asked him if he knew what was up with Paranormal. Brian said he talked to James recently and with the delays in the Zincton thing, he moved to Kimberley and is looking for a space to set up his ski manufacturing thing again.