Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Yeah? Well, I'm from Missouri.
    SHOW ME
    the data
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Not sure how you think you got jacked, but the votes decided.
    I didn't get jacked. I didn't even vote.

But it does appear that someone did.

Post the logs.

How does this appear jacked?

Lonnie quoted for the reasons...

Can I respectfully Ask for the voting logs to be posted (Hour by hour voting please).

24 hours or so before the contest ended, the ability to sort the photos went down. Also, the formerly first and second place photos (3rd and 4th in the final selection), were up by HUNDREDS (800 or so) of votes with 2 hours to go. Truth's pic had a 7.9 rating. The winning photo had a 6.9. Then, SOMETHING happened. Trying to convince me that a photo that had garnered 1000 votes in 8 weeks got 800+ in 2 hours??? RIGHT!!!!!!! For the sake of transparency, TGR damn well better put up the final #'s.

Two ways to do this, 1). easy, and 2) hard.....

PS. I didn't enter or vote. I just want to know the results. It also means that I am not bound by the entry "rules".....

Quote Originally Posted by Liveezy View Post
    Didnt see this in time to vote. But, OMFG!!

FYI, this photo was not approved by the photographer to be in the contest.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Answer the question.

I agree that the 24th hour comeback-win seems a little suspect... I don't think anyone is suggesting any wrong doing by TGR. It simply looks like they must have bombarded the contest with repeat votes at the last minute. Cause there's no way they got that many votes to make up the spread in any legit fashion.

Regardless, Kush's shot absoluetely shits all over the winning big air... puts it to shame. Period.

Edit: Just saw your last post, TJ.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

SHOW US THE DATA
    please
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If you read the rules, espically the next to the last sentace, it leaves the door open for TGR to chose the winning photo. If that what was done, great. I have no problem with it (it's in "the rules"). Just tell everyone that's what was done. But don't piss on our heads and tell us it's raining...

6. Winners will be chosen by representatives of Teton Gravity Research based equally on creativity of their entry. Judges' decisions are final. Winners will be notified by phone, mail, or email by January 15, 2010. Winners must sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release, and return them within seven days of notification attempt, or alternates may be selected. User Generated Voting will be the primary winner selection method. Teton Gravity Research reserves the right to choose a winner in the event of a tie."
    This is the worst pain EVER!

This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

Next..........

Thumbs down

FYI, this photo was not approved by the photographer to be in the contest.
    With all due respect Todd, then why in the hell was it up there the whole time for a bunch of us to vote on? That was just plain wrong. So all my votes that went to Kush1 and his photo were not counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

Next..........
    What skies should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    With all due respect Todd, then why in the hell was it up there the whole time for a bunch of us to vote on? That was just plain wrong. So all my votes that went to Kush1 and his photo were not counted.
    We just found this out. We would have pulled it if we knew sooner.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Sturgis Uncensored

Yea but im still like OMFG!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

I'm thinking this all all somehow related to the chemtrails

Which gets to the point of oversite of the whole thing, which was evidently, lacking.

For the record, I am not pointing fingers at TGR. The only point I am trying to make is that SOMETHING happened, and SOMEONE made it happen. Hell, it could be a third party for all we know. BUT, as the organizer of the contest, it's TGR's responsibility to figure out WHAT happened, and let us know. If that is the result of impropriety, then it should be corrected. I think that is all we are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    What skies should I get?
    Rax........rockered.

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420
    these aren't the droids you're looking for

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!

I don't think they are eligible... where is the birth certificate!!!!???

They are working for the man, the machine, and the terrorists!!!

Stop them now!!!!

Oh, wait, what happened?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Which gets to the point of oversite of the whole thing, which was evidently, lacking.

For the record, I am not pointing fingers at TGR. The only point I am trying to make is that SOMETHING happened, and SOMEONE made it happen. Hell, it could be a third party for all we know. BUT, as the organizer of the contest, it's TGR's responsibility to figure out WHAT happened, and let us know. If that is the result of impropriety, then it should be corrected. I think that is all we are asking.
    When people submitted photos they checked a box that said they had the right to submit as the rider or photographer. We had requests from time to time to pull photos, which we did. We were not going to research each entry as they came in. We expect people to check the box saying they had permission. This particular photo did not become an issue until the end of the contest.

Sturgis Uncensored

^^^ I don't believe that's what he's talking about, but I'm pretty sure you know what you're avoiding.

Exclamation

When people submitted photos they checked a box that said they had the right to submit as the rider or photographer. We had requests from time to time to pull photos, which we did. We were not going to research each entry as they came in. We expect people to check the box saying they had permission. This particular photo did not become an issue until the end of the contest.
    Thanks for explaining that (Seriously, thanks).

What about the other questions? Think, and you will know that it's in TGR's best interest to be transparent here.

Now I wonder why this particular photo became an issue at the end of the contest?

In any case, YAY for Obscure Reference. Like OMG, I actually know him.

Water under the bridge at this point. Good thing we learn from our mistakes.

Kush, you had my vote all the way man.

. What about the other questions? Think, and you will know that it's in TGR's best interest to be transparent here.

Now I wonder why this particular photo became an issue at the end of the contest?
    This photo became an issue because it had the highest rating for big air. The winning big air photo had the next highest rating for big air and therefore won that category. The winning photo had the highest rating overall.

Sturgis Uncensored