Anyone actually use a Trione edge sharpener?

So I was watching the Truth in Motion: The US Ski Teams Road to Vancouver, and saw the edge machine they were using for tuning.

Obviously if the whole lot of them is using them its worthwhile but I'm just curious how superior this is to a Discman or other ceramic finishers like a Trimjet? Is this only used as to it's portiability versus a Trimjet or similar?

Anybody ski on a finished product? Freakin' pricey tool. I'd never heard of the company or the tool before, but that's not saying much.
    http://www.sportstarinternational.com/TuningTools.html
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

I know this is an old thread, but wow. My kid made it to the state champs for J4's and the hotel over the weekend set up a big room with plastic covering the floors and benches for tuning. I went down to put some wax on my kids skis and could not believe how many parents had this thing. I'm still doing the old way the skis were incredibly sharp, and the parents with the fastest kids had them. I think it does such a good job that the kids are super confident that the skis will hold no matter what. I also feel that its hard for me to get the same edge by hand and that I'm letting my kid down by not giving her the best competitive advantage now after see that room.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Wow. These parents are dropping $2500 on an edge sharpening tool for J4s?? Holy crap. So glad I no longer have any connection to USSA junior racing.

Also.. A $300 tool just for sharpening plastic scrapers???
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Tell me about. But the skis are super sharp.

Oh I keep all my tuning equipment in a plastic grocery bag, who knew its all supposed to go in a big rolling tool chest.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Letting your kid down is walking out on them, beating them, molesting them, selling their toys to buy crack. You're not letting your kid down.