Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Just got the 26.5/27.5 Quest 12s at Selkirk sports in Golden. Also have a pair of the pro-pebax 26.5. Got a pair of 27.5 pro-pebax for myself, I'll review them some time soon. But just wearing them around they seem good. Decent walk feature, very stiff, roomy toe box. Anybody wanna buy a set of 27.5 radiums?

I have been in Solomon Alpine boots for 15 years

I like them. they just fit me right out of the box.

I currently tour ? in 4 year old Garmonts. Glad I waited for Solomon to step up to the plate. Looking forward to sking Back county with the same confidence and comfort I have sking Alpine?

Some good photos on Lou's Wildsnow site:

http://www.wildsnow.com/2570/sia-salomon-at-boot-look/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Just got the 26.5/27.5 Quest 12s at Selkirk sports in Golden. Also have a pair of the pro-pebax 26.5. Got a pair of 27.5 pro-pebax for myself, I'll review them some time soon. But just wearing them around they seem good. Decent walk feature, very stiff, roomy toe box. Anybody wanna buy a set of 27.5 radiums?
    On hill or downtown?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Downtown right now, need to be priced and then we'll bring em up to the ski hill.

I'm going to quote this when I bitch and moan to my rep. Me want boots.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Any chanse I could get you to tell me the BSL measurement for the 26.5 size?
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by altasnowbirdripper View Post
    Any chanse I could get you to tell me the BSL measurement for the 26.5 size?
    And the 27.5 please?
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    And the 27.5 please?
    318mm if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    318mm if I remember correctly.
    Thanks-

That's actually a bit larger than the typical 27.5 alpine boots (315 or so). Odd. And unfortunate, since my Dynafit-mounted skis are at 306mm (27.5 Axon).

I still want to check these out in person and try them on.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Thanks-

That's actually a bit larger than the typical 27.5 alpine boots (315 or so). Odd. And unfortunate, since my Dynafit-mounted skis are at 306mm (27.5 Axon).

I still want to check these out in person and try them on.
    I don't really know. but I expect the solomon Bsl to match thier current Alpine boots. IE 26.0 is 304 Quest 12 26.0 will be 304 bsl. Why would it be anything differnt ?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I don't really know. but I expect the solomon Bsl to match thier current Alpine boots. IE 26.0 is 304 Quest 12 26.0 will be 304 bsl. Why would it be anything differnt ?
    Dunno. Will have to wait and see.

The last Salomon alpine boots I had were older X Waves, but I don't remember the BSL.

going to try th quest 12 tomorrow. Hope to have a report in wednesday morning. Likely will ski them on some Czars since i met a Sallie skier this weekend at Alta.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Looked again and indeed, a 27.0/.5 is 318mm.

And the Salomon shop in Whistler has both the 12s and Pebax Pros.

Rick, I get it that you're passionate about the product and love your job, but ease up on the marketing talk. I really appreciate you joining the board and having a direct conversation with folks like us who are similarly passionate; however, "listening to your customers" means giving them the info and the product and letting them tell you if your product is "super sick" or not.

That said, thanks for all the info. Looking forward to trying them out. I've always loved Salomon boots and I think the Quest has a ton of potential.

Touring

Has anyone gone on a long tour in any of these Quest boots?
    How did they perform, any real problems?
    I think these look great. I am going on a 5 day tour this April and am worried that these boots just won't be comfortable enough...
    Does any have any feedback on the touring or should I be looking at a dedicated touring boot? I really want something that rips on the downhill but don't want to be in pain on the uphill.

Just got the quest 12, gonna tour them on some dukes and big mtn 120's 192 length. I will try to review how they drive big skis. Excited to try these things cause I blew the Lange super blaster apart in 2 months, canting features came out and the rubber soles cracked off and fell into pieces.

Ask Gunder about how his tech inserts fit his Dynafit bindings. And how his toe buckles are holding up.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

^^^^ pulling the trigger on some FT12's also. Are there issues with the compatibility? I have only read good things so far. But I am a big dude and hard on equipment? From your post I can surmise there are problems? unless you are just fucking with Gunder and trying to flood his inbox hoping the issues are isolated.
    Last edited by thin cover; 03-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.

26/26.5 is 308mm. See the other thread on all this. Yes, the Quest is 3-5mm larger per size than usual. Kind of annoying if you ask me, especially when dealing with Dynafits.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I checked this boot out at backcountry.com's warehouse a few days ago. Seems like a very well thought out and put together boot! It feels pretty light even though not a pure AT boot - noticeably light. Flex felt good, not too soft but stiff enough and for sizing they do feel a bit large. The 26 Quest 12 definitely felt bigger everywhere than my 26 Ghosts - as I expected. For me, I would go a shell size down to a 25/25.5 in this boot - too bad they didn’t have one in stock I could try on. Anyway, anxious to hear more feedback on usage and see how they hold up - but they definitely seem like a very good boot!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^^ pulling the trigger on some FT12's also. Are there issues with the compatibility? I have only read good things so far. But I am a big dude and hard on equipment? From your post I can surmise there are problems? unless you are just fucking with Gunder and trying to flood his inbox hoping the issues are isolated.
    The guy swears a lot in normal day to day conversations, but his conversations with his boots and bindings when he's trying to click into his Dynafits are downright ugly. He's been in Factors and other Tech boots before so it's not just a Tech learning curve either... something about the holes not lining up with the pins properly? I really don't know the details but he now can't give me shit about my tele bindings when he's taking 4x as long to put his shit on.

He also lost the toe buckle on a boot out of the blue one day. Was there in the morning, gone later on. No major impacts, no major anything.

Who knows, maybe he got a pre-production sample or something?

The Bonin Petrels

Were y'all snowmobiling? Never met the buckle than can stand up to that...

Paging sick rick...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Were y'all snowmobiling? Never met the buckle than can stand up to that...
    Nope, we were photoslutting a pied.

The Bonin Petrels