FKS/Pivot wider brakes

Now that the Pivot is back, and is available with a XX-wide brake, are the wide brakes going to be purchasable to put on an older type Pivot heel, because obviously that hole pattern hasn't change? Looks like it would be an easy swap. Yeah I did the bendy thing, but I'm looking at putting them on a super fat this time. Just seeing if that's an option.

heard/read no for retail purchase.

but that you could call Rossi and buy them as a repair part?

Yeah, call rossi's warehouse in ogden- 435-252-3300
    ask for what you want, they can probably help. I just got some parts today and they were super easy to deal with.

they told me no, but still worth a shot. they are actually in Park City now.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

I tried to order some for my shop. The Rossi Rep basically said: "NO for 2011, probably YES for 2012."

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    I tried to order some for my shop. The Rossi Rep basically said: "NO for 2011, probably YES for 2012."
    So how are the new Pivots selling. It appears the going rate is 339.00.

Are they a hot Item or just sitin on the shelf ?

I wanted them back real bad. but
    i don't need any right now. Hope they stick around

Quote Originally Posted by ARpowhound View Post
    they told me no, but still worth a shot. they are actually in Park City now.
    I think the corporate office is in park city, but the warehouse/warranty place is in ogden. http://www.rossignol.com/US/contact-us.html

267 N Depot Dr.
    Ogden, UT 84404

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

I wanted them back real bad. but
    i don't need any right now. Hope they stick around
    i know my local shop has yet to sell their pivot 14s. Seems like the orange 18s sold fine(if you could find them). But i dont see the point in buying the new ones, when the 14's toe is plastic and cost more then duble what i can get the older 155s for.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    heard/read no for retail purchase.
    rossi warranty went a bit further and told me no even for warranty on the new ones without proof of purchase when I asked a couple months ago.

i hope they make parts available soon, that'd be sweet.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

We won't have them on the shelf until fall 2010. Our shop doesn't sell a lot of high-end bindings though. Very little above DIN-12.0 moves out the door. (Mostly Dukes)
    Last edited by skimaxpower; 02-13-2010 at 12:54 AM.

In Japan, the brakes are available seperately for sale but I would just like to confirm before I buy, are the new brakes fully compatible with the old bindings?
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

I know this is an older thread but I am about to pick up a pair of look pivot 18 with turntable heals and the brakes are not wide enough and I am also looking for xxl brakes so can anyone confirm that rossis warranty department will sell just the brakes? I've read they will but I wan't to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Colorado season clips 10-11, best season ever!

G.N.A.R the movie, complete movie. Watch this!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/

Vail best day ever 18inches

Shane McConkey is the shit! First chair?

I snapped some p14 brakes bending them, and Rossi would not send replacement brakes to the shop where I bought them. I think it is a lawyer/liability thing. The shop sent them to Ogden, where Rossi replaced the brakes with XXL brakes for FREE, even after I messed them up!

Dang, I'm not sure I can bend the xl brake to 115mm so I'm going to need some xxl brakes myself, anyone with info please let me know. I will try the number on here tomorrow.

Colorado season clips 10-11, best season ever!

G.N.A.R the movie, complete movie. Watch this!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/

Vail best day ever 18inches

Shane McConkey is the shit! First chair?

Any more input on these? I have a lead on some FKS 120's for the wifey and I want to put them on her Kiku's - 107 waist, and I have a lead on some FKS 180's with 90mm brakes, and I want to put them on my lhasa pows - 112 waist. Can I pick up these cheap bindings and put the 115 brakes on both? Maybe the 100 brakes on the kiku's w/ a bend? Pleeeease help.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Any more input on these? I have a lead on some FKS 120's for the wifey and I want to put them on her Kiku's - 107 waist, and I have a lead on some FKS 180's with 90mm brakes, and I want to put them on my lhasa pows - 112 waist. Can I pick up these cheap bindings and put the 115 brakes on both? Maybe the 100 brakes on the kiku's w/ a bend? Pleeeease help.
    Good luck!
    Click. Point. Chute.

As much as I love your shop, and all of your help over the past year and a half, Phil, that really doesn't help much. haha. This makes me think you are just telling me about these cheap, wonderful bindings just to make me cringe What do you have that's actually going to fit said skis, amigo?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    As much as I love your shop, and all of your help over the past year and a half, Phil, that really doesn't help much. haha. This makes me think you are just telling me about these cheap, wonderful bindings just to make me cringe What do you have that's actually going to fit said skis, amigo?
    LOL. as in the "good luck"..it isn't gonna happen. Look/rossi will not be offering a plate/brake as an upgrade option.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Seriously?

Do a search. There is no issue with bending the stock, race-width brakes to fit even a ski with a waist of ~135mms.

Short version:
    Clamp the binding tightly in a vice with a piece of wood on each side. (don´t remove the screws, they support the brakes during straightening...)
    Straighten brake using a steel tube. (lower diameter is better)
    Mount on ski.
    Rebend around ski using said steel tube.
    Brakes will be a bit wiggly, but they work just fine.

Super short version:
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    basically just mount the ski w/ the brake arms decked, then bend them straight out w/ the boot clicked in, then click the boot out and bend them back down around the ski. then mess with it a little to get them $.

i use an old mtb handlebar. works perfect, as does an old cut off ski pole.

Long version: P18-Wide-Brakes-Tutorial-(with-pictures!)
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Thanks for putting that on here. And I may not have looked through all 1,000 threads linked to my search, but that is where I dug this up, in a search.