gunit130 Guest

Homemade Wobble Boards?

Anyone here had success making a homemade wobble board?

Interested in hearing how you made one, post pics if you can.

I have a balance board that I didn't build but could have. I can post a few pics in the next day or so if you'd like. It only has side to side movement though, so maybe not what your looking for.

Edit:
    It's all 3/4" plywood.

Last edited by Chowda; 02-05-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES

Just buy an indo board. Or at least the roller. A custom deck would be sick!

I built one from a 6" PVC and some 3/4 plywood. Looked similar to the Indo. Wife made me throw it away after I was on it drunk and sent it though the slider.

indo boards are loads of fun!

if you build your own, grip tape (ala skateboarding) wrapped around the pipe is your friend.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I got a damn near new one at vale village for $4.99.....

PVC + skate deck.

Seconded on the 3/4" and some 6" PVC. I have one that I made a bit too long but looks great, second round was more funstional. Worth your time to make one instead of buy one, IMO if your at all handy.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Had an indo board in our dorm in college. It still amazes me to this day that nothing/no one was seriously broken.
    My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

About 15 years ago, I went to a raging kegger here in JH. I can only remember a few of the key details. In no order here are some of those points:

-They had a hudge bonfire in the street in front of the house (where were the police/FD?)

-There was a homemade balance board made from a piece of lodgepole pine and a piece of TJI (wooden floor joist). It had no stops at the end of the board.

-It was very challenging given the state of most people.

-Lots of people were eating it. After about 30 minutes, interest moved to burning skis in the street.

The rest your honor I cannot recall.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Skate Deck and a 2 liter bottle filled with water works great. Stops are unnecessary. And with a skate deck you can spin it on the bottle or do a 180 and I've even witnessed a guy do a kickflip.