Remounting in old plugged holes?

I'm thinking of remounting a set of demo binders on my current scratch BCs to sell them on Ebay. But the cost of having the professionally remounted would be way more than I'd get more from selling them together.

-Is taking off the current binders (P14s w/ maxplate) with a screwdriver possible for a slightly-mechanically gifted person?

-Do I need jig to remount the Scratch 100 demo binders or can I just screw them back into the old (plugged) screw holes?

WWMD?

I'm keeping the p14s and selling the scratches, would mounting them w/ the demo binders sell for more than selling the demos and the skis seperately?

I guess you could use a saw to take off the P14's but I think a screwdriver would be easier....

And so long as the holes are for the binders you are installing it makes sense to me to pull out the plugs and drop the demos in there...but I'm not a shop tech.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Check the threads in the old holes first. Many times when the plugs are pounded in it trashes the threads. If that's happened you need to fill, drill and tap. Use the HARDMAN machineable epoxy. If you don't have the right tap you'll definitely need to go to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by seldon
    But the cost of having the professionally remounted would be way more than I'd get more from selling them together.
    A remount costs $25 at my shop.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    A remount costs $25 at my shop.
    We do it for $18 biotch. Wanna fight?

are the holes the same pattern? I dont think demo and non demo are the same on look bindings.

Sory to inturupt the fight

Mntlion,
    The Scratches originally had the demo binders on em, so they've been drilled for em.

In other news, wheres a good shop to get a remount done in San Francisco? Methinks not any mountain, I htink they charge ~50 anyways.

^same here - so cal "shops" charge $40 for mounting.

i too am remounting some binders (salomons) - same drill pattern, holes have never been plugged. can i just put the screws right back in or would it be a good idea to epoxy them?
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

If the threads are still good, I think you'd be alright putting some wood glue in there and screwing them back in as if the holes were just drilled.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

oh yeah - where can i get the regular shorter screws? i took these bindings off of plates so the mounting screws are muy largo.
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."