Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Fucking sick
    Seriously.

So sorry to hear. Haven't checked in in months and this is what i find. Pats been so good to me over the years and some of the best turns of my life have been on PM gear skis, just when i was thinkin im getting to old to progress PM gear was there to ratchet things up another level. Thanks Pat.
    Ive got a ton of pics id like to post but ill leave with a video, Lhasa Pows on a bluebird pow day..

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    breaks my fkn heart

Luckily the great mags here strongly suggested Lhasas when I first joined and jongingly added to the what ski should I get threads.... Once I had decided on LPs... I posted a WTB thread... looking for a good used pair... the next day Pat PMd me.. said he had a few pair of 186s stashed and offered me a pr at a steep discount.. as long as I kept it on the DL... I was astonished.. and gratefully accepted his generous offer.. His skis and customer service are/were second to none... Hell I got a call from Pat once he said he was at the Post Office about to ship me a pair of Byas... when he realized that I like a bit softer ski.. he said he had a pr that he felt was more in tune to my preference.. so he drove back to his shop and got that pair instead... Above and beyond... just like his skis.

Thanks so much Pat for the sacrifices you made for a bunch of fkn maggots... It will always be appreciated.. and thanks so much for never compromising.. and producing the best fkn ski the world has ever seen

best day in a mags life!! FKNA

and Pat's first pr of all carbon 186s with clear top... fresh from the press

are in my gear room
    Last edited by BaNosser; 10-21-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Splat

spat and an undercover captain of pow

daywalker

DKAK

og brockers

in action

toph

mrs. sfb

icegrom

still a considerable bro stash in the bum cave

thanks splat
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I have some 186 Carbon Hybrid Lhasa Pow Fats with Kusala rocker profile. They've been inserted for large dukes and marker lord sp. I don't really want to use either of those bindings nor do I want to put a 3rd set of holes in them.

I got them for a smoking price and would pass said smoking price to someone else interested. I would also trade them for some Dynafit Speed Radicals or G3 Ions. Or a pair of 191 Lhasa Fats.

They are the second to the left. PM me if interested. Would prefer to do a face to face with a Washington Mag, but will ship if someone really wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

thanks splat
    Thanks for that tour SFB, that pic is from January 2008, I believe...tuesday after a straightline camp...
    SFB, Hutash, Hoarhey (cdlv was along that day as well)
    Aggressive in my own mind

Balls.

Splat, you make the best skis that I have had the privilege to put under my feet.
    I love my 191 Lhasa Fats.

... and now regret, even more, the fact that I sold my back-up, softer flexing pair.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Thanks Splat

196's in their natural environment. Sorry to hear about the situation Splat. Good luck.

Sad news. Pat is a great guy and I hope he does OK - and finds a way to get many more days on snow than he could when he was pressing. The skis he made me a few years ago are still my favorites, and will be for a long time.

This sucks balls.

Lhasa Pow now becomes a legend.

Splat is a legend. I'm super bummed to hear about the pm gear situ. Thanks for the best skis I've ever stood on Pat.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Sad to hear indeed. Splat's been awesome throughout every purchase and interaction. The skis have been stellar and kept getting better. The clear top iterations also had the looks to match. It's been a pleasure to follow the development and growth, trials and tribulations, and the all the happy customers. Such a shame.

Wish you the best wherever your next project takes you, Splat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lhasa_casper800x600.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	172403

Lhasa 186s doin' what they do.

Name:	brollection.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	172402

Brollection (192s 'Big Bros', 179s, Lhasa 186s, 188 Softs)

The hybrid of the Kusala and Lhasa fat reminded me what it is to just slice and cut with a thought. Pat makes the sickest skis

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448663068.329779.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	835.7 KB 
ID:	172462
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm not looking forward to the day my 192s die. IMO that's the best all around ski of all time.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Cross post from gear swap because I think there might be more interest from the folks here.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ctual-shipping

First day of the year and pow!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1449511672.307146.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	172998

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    The hybrid of the Kusala and Lhasa fat reminded me what it is to just slice and cut with a thought. Pat makes the sickest skis

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448663068.329779.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	835.7 KB 
ID:	172462
    Glad those are working out for you!

Every time I step into the 191 fats my mind is just blown. Such an amazing ski. No need to think about it just point them down the hill and let them run.

Anyone have a spare 191 Lhasa pow (single ski)? I'd take pretty much any condition ski - you have one ski with a blown out edge and hudge shark bites, but still have one used but serviceable 191 laying around? Allow me to take it off your hands. I will pay $$$/BEERS/karmic-goodness. Already posted on the half a pair thread and in gear swap, but figured a cross post here couldn't hurt. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...sa-Pow-187-MVP

Trying to make a pair with my remaining 191. Love the skis, and think they will make a sick 1 ski quiver. If I can make it 2 skis, that is.

ETA: pics of Lhasas at above link.
    Last edited by meter-man; 12-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Well the news about PMGear truly sucks. I wish Pat the best possible outcome of all this; I hope he can somehow revive the great company.

He sold me some used 192s that worked like a dream on my monoski. I have no great stoke here, just a bunch of fun groomer days at Jackson in very slippery late-stage corn. The ski rode like a big red Cadillac, as promised!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDqBSxcvmM

Thanks Pat!

^Rad stoke!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
    Well the news about PMGear truly sucks. I wish Pat the best possible outcome of all this; I hope he can somehow revive the great company.

He sold me some used 192s that worked like a dream on my monoski. I have no great stoke here, just a bunch of fun groomer days at Jackson in very slippery late-stage corn. The ski rode like a big red Cadillac, as promised!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDqBSxcvmM

Thanks Pat!
    i gots plenty of singles if ya ever need another
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

sfb, thank you friend. I've got two solid ones now; others will need singles later anyways, and I don't put in so many miles so I'm covered for years. Give Pat best wishes from all of us fans when you talk to him next.

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Thanks for that tour SFB, that pic is from January 2008, I believe...tuesday after a straightline camp...
    SFB, Hutash, Hoarhey (cdlv was along that day as well)
    Wow, was it that long ago? Damn, I'm getting old.

That was my first, (and last day) in w(t)reckers.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

having a lot of fun lately with my carbon bros...