Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Truly too bad to hear. Glad I stocked up on Lhasa's and Kusala. But how long will that last me? Hopefully this starts back up sometime in future
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Truly too bad to hear. Glad I stocked up on Lhasa's and Kusala. But how long will that last me? Hopefully this starts back up sometime in future
    Selling any?

Anybody got Big Bros they would like to part with?

hopefully Pat can use the McCartney quote "rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"

Lhasa Pow Stoke

Such a bummer. Dude makes phenominal skis. Dare I say the best ski layup out there, period? My guess is that they never got picked up because of the replication issue. Too expensive to replicate his process and materials. He always strove to bring the best materials he could find into the ski. The only one anywhere near the ballpark is Down skis, but their recent lineup is a bit off from what PM had - which has its good and bad sides. I always wanted to buy one or two more (based off what auvgeek, myself and others have been tossing around over the last year or so). Hopefully my pure Kusalas will last forever. Complete work of art both inside and out. Much love Pat - hope things are going well for you, my man!

We lost Venture snowboards today. Really solid build with a great sizing matrix.

Tough industry.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Lhasa Pow Stoke

Pat, I bought them used but I have absolutely loved my Bro 183s (the AK made series). I'm truly sorry to hear it (if this news is true) but it is a beautiful thing that you made these skis.
    Last edited by robgoose; 09-07-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Aw, shit. I have been lazy for a little while, and just called up Pat when I needed new skis. The Llasas are wonderful. Now I have to pay attention to whatever you ski geeks are saying here about all the other brands.

Good luck, Pat. Come back soon. The ski world needs people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Selling any?
    Before this announcement I was going to let a pair of 191 Hybrid Lhasa's go to the brethren round here in gear swap....but now, I am going to hold em. Not for higher price, but because I may not be able to get more in the future. hopefully this is not the case.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Damn, Venture and now PM. Sad to see the well built skis and boards going away while shitty plastic products with slick marketing stick around.

RIP

^^^ Yeah, man. Thanks for providing so many people the ability to find, use and provide the stoke.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Full circle.

It's not my place but there should be a RIP thread. Also, if it would make a difference, and if it would be tactful, there should be a full price last pressing order. I know I would be in...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    looks like the lhasa opened up some white hole to a secret powder room in another dimension...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    looks like the lhasa opened up some white hole to a secret powder room in another dimension...

I knew I shuda poniedup and got them Byas last year.
    Last edited by scottyb; 09-07-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Over coffee I mentioned to the wife that it looks like PM Gear might not be making skis anymore.

She said "That's good." Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    LIKE I knew I shuda poniedup and got them Byas last year.
    You're in luck:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ear-Bya-Hybrid

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    The Lhasa Pow is my weapon of choice for patchskiing too.

FKNA - end of the day

Thanks, Splat. Some of my best days were on your skis: Deep, preseason pow at Stowe on puke green 179's. First time I skied with DoWork, I think. Perfect 60˚corn on Tuckerman Ravine Headwall on Euro 183's. Met VTFreeheel when he asked for change that day. Deep day at Magic on 191's with Buckethead among others. Skied pow with my mom in the Puez-Odle on 186's I still have stashed in Italy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Thanks, Splat. Some of my best days were on your skis: Deep, preseason pow at Stowe on puke green 179's. First time I skied with DoWork, I think. Perfect 60˚corn on Tuckerman Ravine Headwall on Euro 183's. Met VTFreeheel when he asked for change that day. Deep day at Magic on 191's with Buckethead among others. Skied pow with my mom in the Puez-Odle on 186's I still have stashed in Italy. Thanks.
    Those were mine. I had some great days on them as well including a trackless day in chamonix and many days in the woods in vt great tree ski
    Also bought a pair of euro 183's from dowork that held an edge on ice and variable conditions like no other

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I saw those a while back, both sets of hole would be wrong for me even tho I am fairly experienced and competent at filling holes( in skis). Maybe
    watch out for snakes

Lhasa Pow Stoke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1441687931.239830.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	169419
    blower a.m at Jackson Hole, February '14-- loved the bros (and still do)
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

I fucking love Lhasa Pows!

I've owned 186 glass with the green tops, 186 carbons with the sexy see-through and white, 196 Hybrids with sexy-see through, 183 Bros with Kusala rocker and 186 Fats with Kusala rocker.

Still own the 183s and the 186 fats, probably going to grab a pair of regular 186s again. I'll throw up pics of the bros too, in homage of PM Gear.

Here's a bunch of pictures of my various fun times with the Lhasa/Bro. Mostly in the Central Cascades but also up at Golden Alpine Holidays at the Hoji camp. I spent a bunch of time with captions but the TGR photo uploader ate them. So just enjoy these captionless pics.

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1441687931.239830.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	169419
    blower a.m at Jackson Hole, February '14-- loved the bros (and still do)
    Bit of a thread derailment, but Those skis behind you look sweet. Anyone know what they are? Look like the swallowtail of a Comi, but the nose doesn't look right
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."