Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

happy shared day of birth my brother from another mother
    will call later
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

FKNA DOOD!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    happy shared day of birth my brother from another mother
    this
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

So, now that this ski can no longer be replaced, what skis are some of you looking at in the near future? Nothing lasts forever. Sorry.

^ That's a gud question. I have been looking and based on dems, I haven't found one. Not that I am looking to replace them, mine are in great condition. I sure would like to hear of another ski that has the same characteristics as the 191 FAT.

I may have somebody make me a 192 bro copy when mine die. I'm still holding on to hope of a resurrection though.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Happy Bday, Dibs!

Me, too, Jed. A couple of the mag barristers here have been assisting me in attempting to get the dickhead on Vashon to deliver what he was paid to deliver. He owes skis and is holding molds hostage in negotiations, basically saying he won't deliver unless I sign off not to pursue further legal action if I want to get the molds back. A legal battle might or might not ensue. Eventually, I hape tp get the molds back and find someone competent enough to build carbon skis. After years on pure carbon, they're all I want. I could give a shit about fiberglass skis.

Job 4 DD goon squad?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Happy Bday, Dibs!

Me, too, Jed. A couple of the mag barristers here have been assisting me in attempting to get the dickhead on Vashon to deliver what he was paid to deliver. He owes skis and is holding molds hostage in negotiations, basically saying he won't deliver unless I sign off not to pursue further legal action if I want to get the molds back. A legal battle might or might not ensue. Eventually, I hape tp get the molds back and find someone competent enough to build carbon skis. After years on pure carbon, they're all I want. I could give a shit about fiberglass skis.
    Legal fund? Maggot crowd sourcing? Get em, Splat. I want more carbon, too.

Lhasa Pow Stoke

Yo. Vashon is close to me. I could go shake him down. Or pull off a caper.
    Last edited by Chugachjed; 01-03-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I had a dream about skiing my 191 hybrids on a blueird day with a foot of fresh last night. It felt really good, may have been shaman and oxy induced.

Happy B-Day Splat. Had the Bya's rippin up bogus today. I love all of my Bro's, would have been a great day for the supers but the legs aint there yet.

Happy belated splat! Loving the quiver of bros....kusalas and bros just back from the local tour. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452010792.039290.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	817.2 KB 
ID:	174481
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Wait, what? I didn't check in on this thread in ages, and now I heard via the bluehouse thread? And my quiver is falling apart? SHIT.

It was an amazing run. Maggots got together and did something, and made a 11? year run of it. Proud to be one of the early adopters of the first run 188 soft, aptly nicknamed "The Unsinkable Brotanic." Fantastic pow ski, still one of my favorites, and on a short list of skis that can float my fat ass in sierra cement.

Though I cannot find the mark, Splat asked the original pre-ordered buyers what serial number they wanted. There was debate if serial numbers should even be done at all, since they weren't going to make it in the long run. Everyone was picking their favorite number for whatever reason and I was the first to request 001. After 5 beers and a bong rip, you can squint at the graphics on the topsheet near boot center and it kinda looks like 001. So I got that going for me.

I still have the big agnes double roller and the Arno Adams poles as well. That shit is bombproof even after 12 years.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Happy Bday, Dibs!

Oh, that is BS!
    191 Lhasa Fat is still the best ski evar!!!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Took my carbon Bros on their final ride down THC in Wolverine Cirque yesterday:

Down at the bottom of Figure 8 I took a little beater fall on a maybe 15 degree slope and somehow the right ski broke. Failure was along the front screws from the (only) previous mount. Plenty of space between mounts, and I didn't fall THAT hard... Sucks =/

Close of up failure:

^^^ Gah!!

The fear of some random tragedy prompted me to track down some back-up LhasaFats.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

#goodnightsweetprinces

Oh no! My condolences! My biggest fear. Sorry bro. Hunting for a back up pair myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456103006.191549.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	177104
    Can't tell, but I'm standing on a cornice with a 15' drop with waist deep pow waiting for me!

Lhasa Pow Stoke

So sad!
    The 186s are still my absolute fav pow touring ski (knock on wood, please don't break!)- they slayed it this weekend

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456103984.143897.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	822.7 KB 
ID:	177105

2 weeks ago meadow skipping. Good times,on the 186 Lhasas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1456108047120.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	177111  

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if it'd been a 186 i'd haz ya covered
    all the 179's i gots are old schools
    i'll take that 179 for my brophan collection
    canadian style
    eh

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^ SFB it's yours, I might keep the broken one as a trophy though haha.

Lhasa Pow Stoke

Due to life altering circumstances I've only got about 6 days on my 186's you sold me as a part of the burning man fundraiser. Medium stiffness, still don't remember if they were carbon or hybrid, but after the first day I thought about selling my other four pairs of skis.

Pic is from Angel Fire, NM. I was just driving away from Colorado (and a divorce) and decided I had to ski. Decent day. You get some strange looks flying down a gaper filled mountain on fat skis on a groomer day. Good times.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456151452.812625.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	541.9 KB 
ID:	177125
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."