Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    damn this looks hot.

have to say though, while the white lettering on the clearcoat on top of the black carbon weave looks extremely classy....I am dreaming of the same thing but replacing the white lettering with an electric eye-searing flourescent lime green lettering on top of the black. oh yeah......
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

That is not far off from what I'm thinking, Tyrone.
    To get a feel for the tops, we went with white and also some light blue, but the two were almost indistinguishable from each other.
    Fluorescent lime green would prolly look pretty damn hot. Too bad tritium is so radioactive.

I'm not sure - I really like white. It looks simpler, and when I first saw it, it made me think of DPS's clean look which I think makes their skis stand out in their carbon, expensive nature.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    That is not far off from what I'm thinking, Tyrone.
    To get a feel for the tops, we went with white and also some light blue, but the two were almost indistinguishable from each other.
    Fluorescent lime green would prolly look pretty damn hot. Too bad tritium is so radioactive.
    Dammit, I better not see any lime green skis out there. I am still waiting on the brand new white lettering 191 model I bought last week!

^^^^ Leave it to a California kid to create a rainbow flag Lhasa.

How about making the graphics with carbon-fiber look tape?

Carbon fiber accents over carbon fiber. Jason Ellis would approve.

Lord Vader, your quiver has arrived

I just got my 191 chubby Lhasas last night. Beyond stoked. Will post pics of the Clear/Blue topsheets tonight.

^^^^^^my jaw just dropped!
    "Dad, I can huck that"

Thumbs up

Just got back from PowMow and skied the Bro's
    http://BestSkiSales.com
    Ski &Snowboard Deals

Lhasa 191 Fat Mini-Review.
    I got some of the first Lhasa 191 Fats last month. Yes, just in time for the hard, spring conditions January we had here in the Sierra. Mounted them up asap and ran them at Mammoth and June to check the mount location. They railed the hard pack, easy to carve GS turns with them or butter them on bumps (hard, ugly bumps). Great torsional balance and edge grip. But the lever arm with that edge waaay over there is not really the best quiver tool for those conditions. Could they do it? YES they could, absolutely amazing. I took them out to the backcountry for some January Corn harvesting. Easy turning, nice.
    We got a teaser dusting of snow and that gave me an opportunity for some variable conditions skiing. Wind pack, breakable, icy, slush and of course, no more than 2 turns in any one condition before it would abruptly change. The Lhasas just ignored the changes and kept sliding through what ever was in their path. Way cool.
    Fast forward to today. Real snow at last. Past boot top. Oh yeah, baby! Winter came back! Easy to break trail with, probably the easiest of any ski I have been on. Versatile turn radii, can vary short, med and long so easy. Tight trees are no problem, you can let them run and adjust speed and turns easily. These boards are solid at speed, smooth yet snappy when you want them to be. Superior product.

Lhasa Pow 191cm Fats 144-117-126 4.7 lbs each, naked. Mounted with Dynafits to keep them light(er).
    Me: Skiing for 39 years. Backcountry and soft snow preferred. 200 lbs, 6'5" tall. Technical skier, no tail gunning.

Props:
    1) Damn these things turn well. Give me a snow surface that I can get more than an edge in and these are the preferred ski to use.
    Cons:
    1) I've got a pair with the 192 Bro topsheets, not the killer clear tops that I lusted after. What would be cool is to have a clear ptex top for snow repulsion as waxed top sheets still build up some extra snow there.
    2) I trimmed the pointy bullet shaped tails flat and filed a small notch for skin attachment.

Yeah, I had to really reach there to come up with some cons...
    Thank you Pat for some killer skis!!
    JMski

The only thing better than PM Gear skis is their customer service. Nice meeting you Pat, and thanks for the new Lhasa's.

Good lord splat those clear carbon skis are the first thing I've seen that could possibly convert me from being a soyboarder ... just make me that "Brah" hybrid rockered board with 6mm of taper I've wanted from you and I'll also put in an order of those 186 Lhasas!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

My Lhasas in action in Sogndal, Norway, last Monday.

Every Monday is a Saturday.....

Last edited by robbie; 02-25-2011 at 08:14 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    A little blated lhasa stoke
    Icegrom takin his new bros for an xmas day tour

and my bro Topher gettin sum

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

My old Lhasa 196 ((fiberglass) were just a hoot this morning at Mt Rose.
    That tip and length is so forgiving an it just won't dive; it always porpoises to the surface. Such a huge sweet spot.
    Last edited by Jim S; 02-26-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Some Lhasa stoke from Mt. Catherine WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Lord Vader, your quiver has arrived
    Damn, those look good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    My old Lhasa 196 ((fiberglass) were just a hoot this morning at Mt Rose.
    That tip and length is so forgiving an it just won't dive; it always porpoises to the surface. Such a huge sweet spot.
    I am with you Jim. My 196 Lhasa's are the bees knees in deep pow. If your a bigger guy like me (200lbs) you really don't want to think about the 186 or 191. The 196 turns very easily in trees or anywhere else for that matter. The very forgiving flex pattern of the ski allows the biggest powder jong (that be me) to have the best powder days of their life. So drink the koolaid, you will thank Splat down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yep. I'm selling my 191s. They do carve easier and turn quicker but that older 196 Lhasa is just the sweetest ride and just incredible in chopped up pow as well as pow and groomers and it's doable in bumps. For big turns and straightline at mach loony it's the tits.

It's one of the few skis I've been on that could make a one ski quiver with no compromise. But of course one just has to have a reverse reverse to for the pow.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

I was going through some pictures today for my FB and found some Lhasa stoke.

Whitehunter.

I tried my best to resist buying another pair of skis but this thread made it impossible. I finally ordered a pair of fats Wednesday night.....Amped!!!

Hey Splat...any chance the white could be yellow? Also, and pardon me if it was mentioned already, are you guys doing some lhasa fats in 186 this spring/summer? Very, very nice stuff! I'm getting my 183 bros mounted up next Fri for a nice few weeks in the Wasatch. Really excited to get those puppies on the hill. Thanks!

Maybe this summer......well, you're in competition with the neon green Tyrone suggested a page or two ago.
    Hopefully there will be some more stoke pics of Lhasas showing up here spring skiing.
    God....I can't believe I skied pow on Monday and slurpee today.

^^ Nah, the white should be blood red. That would be a truly evil ski ready to slay.