Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So splat, curious why the 191 has lower rocker than 186 and 191? Also love the new black and graphics. Oh and fatter Lhasa will be sick? Any decisions on rocker?
    I'll assume you meant 186 and 196...It was one of those testing-it-on-the-fly decisions to not run the rocker as high on the 191. The 191 Fat is the fattest Lhasa right now. It turned out to be a great ski in any condition. Decisions on rocker? I don't understand the question but we'll pretty much stick with what has worked thus far and micro-adjust as always for any possible improvements.

Max rocks Spanky's Ladder...
    (he's the one who did the big huck in the tlh heliski vid)

For those people asking, here's a sneak peak at the 186s for this year. They have a clearcoat depth to the carbon fiber. Camera flash reflected off the topsheet but I'll have some better pics when the skis get finished. Also did an all carbon fiber wood core 186 today that is insane....

This is the twill weave we'll be using under the clear topsheets on most of the skis. We'll also be doing the colored topsheets as well. Looks like the twill might add a couple ounces of weight, but it looks far better irl than this pic. We also have other weaves we're testing.

This is a pic of the all carbon Lhasa with a 45/45 carbon fiber weave under the topsheet. It's much, much cooler than it looks. In fact, these skis are still cooling, since they were pressed only an hour ago. We've been pressing like crazy and will get the first run finished, then take some clear pics that don't have so many reflections. The all-carbons seems extremely light. duh. But I'll have to get them finished for the final weights.

Crazy good. How much for those? Thanks for posting. I'm off to surf PM Gear site.

Dead sexy!
    Stoke meter pinned on eleven!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Those new topsheets are looking nice.

jgb@etree Guest
    I might be getting served with divorce papers soon. The Mrs. just caught me pleasuring myself while staring at pictures of these skis and she appeared to be thouroughly disgusted.

Seriously tho - very nice work.

Another thing we're doing this year is bringing back multiple flexes on the skis. So if folks want their skis in a stiff or soft flex, we can do that on any of the skis. We're supposed to be upgrading the website but we'll get new photos, descriptions and flex choices up asap. The upgrades on the skis will drive the price up over the next three months, so now is a good time to order. There's a maggot discount code for 15% off floating around here somewhere...

Black is the new pink! Looks like the carbon hoods and car body panels we see here in LA. Cept these Actualy make a difference
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Hey Splat those top sheets are your best yet. Nice work!

Rough finished the all carbon 186s today. For the first pair in an all new layup, they came out great. Topsheets are a hair off, there's some finger smudges on them in the closeup, but they'll wipe right off. Since they're the first pair, I can live with that. The overall characteristics rock. Good stiff flex, perfect camber and an inkling of what we will do in the future....and the weights.......!

3.7 lbs /1,700 grams per ski.

The softer version will weigh even less.

Attachment 100700

Wow, that's light! How would you say the current soft and stiff compare to the previous generation 2 full layers of carbon 186s?

This pair is actually stiffer than last year's carbon hybrids. At this point, the only way to lessen the stiffness is to take out carbon fiber, which reduces the amount of resin used and thus, reduces the weight. So they'll be even lighter.
    I have some requests for all carbon 191 Fats and 196s, so I thought I'd try it in a 186 first.

By the way, how is it that you've managed to build a ski lighter than the Wailer 112 even though you're using carbon fiber sheets that need more resin than the DPS stuff?

Pat I hate you. No idea how I'm going to pay for it but I must have a pair.

Maybe US resin is lighter than Chinese?

Splat, wasn't clear from your post-are you doing the 116mm wides in all the lengths?
    I have fond memories of the pair you let me try last year.
    Last edited by otto parts; 09-27-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

or splat has more patience then the chinese. Looks dope.

It's the metal tips and tails....

otto - we got a late start this season, but we have a number of widenings on the Lhasas and all-new designs ready to go. But we have to get the regular lineup done first. It's crunch time.

Another thing we're doing this year is bringing back multiple flexes on the skis. So if folks want their skis in a stiff or soft flex, we can do that on any of the skis. We're supposed to be upgrading the website but we'll get new photos, descriptions and flex choices up asap. The upgrades on the skis will drive the price up over the next three months, so now is a good time to order. There's a maggot discount code for 15% off floating around here somewhere...
    ^^^^So the code applies to the new sexy blackness in process during October, is this true? When are 196 shipping from the new layup?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Everything on order will ship in October. Discount applies on all skis on the website and some that aren't. The all carbons are in the proto stages until everything on them is sussed out.

My pair of clear topsheets from last season with the all carbon weave are so beautiful damn beautiful. They are the sexiest skis out there. They are a real winner for sales Pat. Seriously.
    Love how the Bro has been replaced with the om as well that still looks like bro.

Even though its for a different ski company Maxim was invited on the trip as well and he slays the last line of the film on 196 lhasas. We will also be releasing Maxim's online segment next month...it is going to be rad!

Yeah, I was going to ask if there's a story behind the graphic?
    Is that a dragon? I hope so, dragons kick ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

It's the Tibetan snow lion. On the tails is the temple in Lhasa. The rays on the colored Lhasa are inspired by the Tibetan flag. And someone once posted a pic of the mountain in Tibet that spells out the Bro (om symbol) we use. Story is that by supporting Tibet (duh!) we automatically register our disdain for Tibet's Chinese oppressors.

Damn those boards look nice! I love my 191 fats but some lighter 196s would be stellar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punta-024m.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	100761  

The top layer of carbon on those 186s is the same weave used on the fuselage of the new Boeing 787, my carbon guy says. He only slipped me enough of that weave for about five pair of skis. Took that pair outside in the sun today and saw a finish that those pictures do no justice. All the 45/45 weave is promised out on skis people have ordered until we find out if we can get more. We have a boat load of twill so it looks like we'll be doing any more all carbons with the twill finish until we know. Those 186s will be mounted demo or with Dukes for anyone who wants to ski them.