Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Just some general PM Gear STOKE -

Sold a pair of out-of-warranty 191 Lhasa's I had to a buddy who's spending this summer in New Zealand. He had an issue with one of the ski's delaminating and it sounds like Pat hooked him up with a basically new set of 192's on the cheap. That is awesome customer service as far as I'm concerned, and not something you'd see from any of the major ski companies...thanks Pat.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
    Just some general PM Gear STOKE -

Sold a pair of out-of-warranty 191 Lhasa's I had to a buddy who's spending this summer in New Zealand. He had an issue with one of the ski's delaminating and it sounds like Pat hooked him up with a basically new set of 192's on the cheap. That is awesome customer service as far as I'm concerned, and not something you'd see from any of the major ski companies...thanks Pat.
    Some people will give the shirt right off their back - Splat will give the skis right off of his feet (or factory) - literally.

What do you guys saying about having Lhasa pow 191 as everyday ski and FRNT Renegade 196 as big dump/Alaska ski?

Let me correct your question for a more positive response -

What do you guys say about having a Lhasa pow 191 as everyday ski and a Lhasa pow 196 or a BRO 192 as big dump/Alaska ski?
    No problem with the Lhasa 191 as an everyday ski. I use the Lhasa 186 as my everyday ski.
    Now you just need to decide between the Lhasa pow 196 or BRO 192 as your big dump/Alaska ski. Either one is a good choice.
    Last edited by Vets; 08-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Let me correct your question for a more positive response -

No problem with the Lhasa 191 as an everyday ski. I use the Lhasa 186 as my everyday ski.
    Now you just need to decide between the Lhasa pow 196 or BRO 192 as your big dump/Alaska ski. Either one is a good choice.
    I will buy the Renegade 196 so no question what i will use as pow killer but im not sure about the Lhasa Pow. Not even sure if I can buy it here in Europe.

Shipped worldwide.

^^^ with FKNA decals, no less!

jgb@etree Guest
    Got some sexy Bro's mounted up last week for the upcoming season:

I'm soo digging the carbon topsheet on the Lhasa's.

No new snow = 195
    Some snow = 191
    Big dump = 192

The 164's and 179's belong to the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

No new snow = 195
    Some snow = 191
    Big dump = 192

The 164's and 179's belong to the Mrs.
    You have just half of the lineup. What's wrong with you?

Really curious how you would compare the 195s and 192s. I understand what the differences in flex and dimensions are *supposed* to do, but you're the only person I've heard of who actually skis both. I need a beefy ski that is nevertheless easier to start its turn than my 195s; I have no control of trunk muscles so I'm unable to lunge at the tips. So they come around slow for me. Great when there is room, but...

I'll prolly get the 183s anyway, but the length feels sooo nice.

I have both the 195s and a pair of the first generation 192s that are quite a bit heavier than the current ones and without tip rocker. The 192s are easier for me to start the turn than my 195s and in general easier to ski.

^^^ Thanks. Now there is another model to consider...

Some September stoke.

Highland Lakes on 9/4:

(P.S. Lhasa Pows laugh at suncups when they slay them.)

Looking back up from below The Nipple on 9/11:

I hope to have more to add after this Sunday.

A little sneak peak at what this season's Lhasa Pows will look like.
    This is the art that goes on a clear topsheet over an outrageously beautiful carbon fiber.
    We'll also be doing the original colored graphics as well.

^^^^Damn Pat those new black Lhasa's are so damn sexy, If a pair of 186's every pop up in GS, I am all over them. Sucks to be tight on $$$
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Damn Pat those new black Lhasa's are so damn sexy, If a pair of 186's every pop up in GS, I am all over them. Sucks to be tight on $$$
    Yeah, I never meant to make a high dollar ski, but what we're doing is really expensive. This season the skis get 4 layers of carbon fiber and two layers of glass. We'll also do some all triaxial carbon protos as well. Ca't wait to see what the weights will be...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yeah, I never meant to make a high dollar ski, but what we're doing is really expensive. This season the skis get 4 layers of carbon fiber and two layers of glass. We'll also do some all triaxial carbon protos as well. Ca't wait to see what the weights will be...
    Splatster-curious-what was the layup before?
    and ya, those are sexy beasts
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

It was two layers of carbon fiber and two layers of glass last year. The extra layers of carbon fiber complicate the layup process to the point that we are barely able to get everything in place (in what amounts to a triple layer club sandwich of composites) and in the press in the 20 minutes we have from the time the epoxy is mixed. In eight years of what has essentially been constant r&d, we're damn happy to be where are in the whole scheme of things. We have new shapes ready to press now that we have mastered our layups, but we'll be pressing out our standard line and last years protos that will be added to the lineup for a while yet.

A little sneak peak at what this season's Lhasa Pows will look like.
    This is the art that goes on a clear topsheet over an outrageously beautiful carbon fiber.
    We'll also be doing the original colored graphics as well.
    Damn, that picture just made my decision harder. Did you get the packet?

1 more, and put ups on notice! can't wait!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

for Splat: maybe this has been already asked (if so, sorry) but are 120ish waisted Lhasas a possible (next) future option? I have the 111 mm Lhasa and the next ski is the 138 waist Lotus. I was thinking to bridge that gap with a 120 (give or take a mm) gorgeous-looking carbon fiber topsheet pair of Lhasas....I know that there is a 116 mm version but I'd like something wider.
    any chanche?
    ciao

We're good, Mike. The eagle landed.

Quote Originally Posted by le dog View Post
    for Splat: maybe this has been already asked (if so, sorry) but are 120ish waisted Lhasas a possible (next) future option? I have the 111 mm Lhasa and the next ski is the 138 waist Lotus. I was thinking to bridge that gap with a 120 (give or take a mm) gorgeous-looking carbon fiber topsheet pair of Lhasas....I know that there is a 116 mm version but I'd like something wider.
    any chanche?
    ciao
    Not this year. But I will say we were very happy with the 116 waist on the 191. We're still running off one press doing only a few hundred pair a year. Looks like all that will change for next year. Until then, we're going to be fairly busy pressing all the models we currently have. That could change next year as we are currently entertaining some investments that could increase production ten fold.

* But I will be selling the last pair of Splatulas lying around the shop in gear swap in the next few days...

Nice. Huge fan of black!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

She was black as the night
    Ullr was whiter than white

So splat, curious why the 191 has lower rocker than 186 and 191? Also love the new black and graphics. Oh and fatter Lhasa will be sick? Any decisions on rocker?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

* But I will be selling the last pair of Splatulas lying around the shop in gear swap in the next few days...
    Dibs!

Wait, how much?