Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    Haulin' my Pows & my 50 yr old ass up Shannon Ridge.. the plan was to bust their cherry on the Sulfide, but the cloud cover on the Ridge was too think to make the glacier.. So after an hour, settled for dodging Shannon trees.. & tree wells..

but, finally got out on them..

sorry the stoke is kinda lame..
    tho WTF.. I dug it!!
    FKNA!
    Cool report though BaNosser. You don't hear about too many folks going for that approach. We've been up there and it is beautiful country. Bummer about the weather. And we're both now in the Lhasa club though not mounted yet. I'm sure they're great for the gloppy garbage that I bet you found out there.

Thank Ullr for abundant snowfall so we have all that mank to still play on.
    And props to you, BaNosser. By the looks of that pack, you made a day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Cool report though BaNosser. You don't hear about too many folks going for that approach. We've been up there and it is beautiful country. Bummer about the weather. And we're both now in the Lhasa club though not mounted yet. I'm sure they're great for the gloppy garbage that I bet you found out there.
    Well.. it was mank.. badly suncupped.. thankfully tho, it was covered with old man's beard.. lol.. but the Pows killed it! I have Barons on them and they skinned and skied solidly.. I promised them there was much better snow in their future..

Congrats to us on our wise choice.. We got one right..

..thanks again Pat

..and big thanks to Ullr

jgb@etree Guest
    Well, today is my son's 2nd Birthday. Had a big party over the weekend but had to keep something to actually open ON his birthday...

A few minutes later I went outside & found a box that musta been delivered today.... It turned into a birthday for the Mrs & I as well!

I asked the Mrs if she'd be upset if I slept with the skis tonite. She said no problem, I was going to ask you the same question

Had a few runs on the 179 brototype in April and May ... got to try the 186 for the first time this last weekend (June 19!). I'm a runt (5' 8" 130 lbs) so the 179 is for me, but I didn't feel like the 186 was cumbersome or "too big" at all!

Donner Lake stoke

SchralphMacchio learning how to ski on 186 Lhasa stoke

thanks for the fun splat!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

That's a mighty pretty setting for a pic, Alex. Think it'll still be good Thursday?
    I woke up with a sprained ankle and a throbbing head that morning. Looks like I shoulda made it.

Thanks Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Think it'll still be good Thursday?
    You should check with Dookey since he was out in the area today, but I think it should still be good.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Well this is not really about Lhasas but thought I'd chime in from another corner. I got Superbros going in a sitski just a couple times this winter, and had a bad fall in my new rig on the second trip. All my fault, needed extra (chest) strap in my new rig and reworked outriggers. But on the first trip I had the 195s mounted on an older rig. That kept me in the backseat on nearly every second turn, falling a dozen times but it still felt and *fell* so well that there was no pain, I was smiling. The last run was pure love, real fast and easy (I had more room for wide turns), you know when the Supers wake up from slumber. If my head injury (subdural hemotoma) heals, I'll be out on a properly modified sitski this winter and cranking a bit.

Now I find out that a hot Canadian racer skis icy runs on his Lhasa 191s.
    sitskib says on adaptivesportsforums.com:

"The Lhasa is absolutely sick. I have skied it on everything and to be honest it is one of the nicest turning skis even on icy Nakiska (old olympic mtn near Calgary that is usually mostly man made racing type snow)...."

That is insane, it shouldn't be possible mashing down on a single fat, rockered ski, but there you are. So now I'm thinking 191s or Bro 192s, the latter because those redhot topsheets just sing to me.

Thanks Splat for the insane fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

A few minutes later I went outside & found a box that musta been delivered today.... It turned into a birthday for the Mrs & I as well!

I asked the Mrs if she'd be upset if I slept with the skis tonite. She said no problem, I was going to ask you the same question
    Dood, seriously? Is that Ghetto Glider proceeds? The stoke meter must have been off the hook that day, presents for everyone

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggity POW View Post
    Dood, seriously? Is that Ghetto Glider proceeds? The stoke meter must have been off the hook that day, presents for everyone
    It was a pretty exciting day at our house

My wife is so stoked to have the 164's as new daily drivers. And the 179's are sick - they're huge for her (5'3"), but they weigh nothing and she says she can't wait for a powder day to find out how well they float.

I'm pretty much beside myself with the Lhasa's & 192's. SuperBros are going to stay active for ripping days, but eveything else from my current quiver is being retired. Next year is gonna be fun.

Just got a July 4 Lhasa Pow stoke email from Mt. Hood. Look at that mountain!

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Wow!
    Hood looks better than good.

Almost as good as this.

found this on the interwebz and thought y'all might dig it, because it fuckin' rocks:

not my video, so if i JONG failed, let me know and i'll delete this post.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Pat I'm about ready for that pair of new 186s

I'm not a cig smoker but I like the glow of neon....on the lhasas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110801_174940.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	98654  
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-01-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Choose your weapon!

jgb@etree Guest
    Choose from the top rack to carve up powder & the bottom rack to carve up your enemies? I like!

I think the neon glow would look pretty awesome shining on some Lhasa's w/ carbon tops.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Choose from the top rack to carve up powder & the bottom rack to carve up your enemies? I like!

I think the neon glow would look pretty awesome shining on some Lhasa's w/ carbon tops.
    Maybe I will go with black carbons. But, I like the original graphic so much, and they get a lot of positive comments and questions. I like looking at them in the snow too.

Funny, I used to have six pairs of skis on that rack plus more in my workshop/office. Now, that picture is my quiver. No more dynafits either. Any touring is with the Dukes.

and

Pat, Thanks for the repost with bigger linked pic! I am going to start getting your help for taglines for my products and advertising.... "Choose your weapon"!! much better!!! And, they are weapons for the slayage of chop and pow.

Even the Marlboros are a weapon...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Here is a soundtrack for the last few posts:

Dang. Embedding disabled. It is still worth clicking on a link to watch and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5cB...feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Dang. Embedding disabled. It is still worth clicking on a link to watch and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5cB...feature=relmfu
    I like Walken, his britches are riding pretty high in that vid tho
    www.freeridesystems.com

That was awesome! Who doesn't love The Continental?
    I had know idea he could kick his heels so well. He needs to do a park segment on skis.

^
    Park? A Champagne powder segment on Lhasas would be better.

Champagne

Lhasa COW(bell)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Me on August 7, 2011, looker's left of the Forestdale Patches: