Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Bit of a thread derailment, but Those skis behind you look sweet. Anyone know what they are? Look like the swallowtail of a Comi, but the nose doesn't look right
    given he was in JH, my bet would be some custom Igneous-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Anybody got Big Bros they would like to part with?
    stop by sometime i gots a few pairs nothin that aint been skied hard but i'll hook ya up
    stoked n saddened for my bro but he noes dat
    and i have a feelin new endeavors are gonna lead to puttin skis on his feet instead of others
    stoked i horded so many and the furkid and i was afforded opportunity to make a few pilgrimages to pm gear world head quarters make some fkna sweet sticks and experience the splats live n in livin colors and enjoy his hospitalities
    hope to skis ya round my turf again this season been way 2 long get here and i'll make the rest happen
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    given he was in JH, my bet would be some custom Igneous-
    Iggy FFF swallow maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I fucking love Lhasa Pows!

I've owned 186 glass with the green tops, 186 carbons with the sexy see-through and white, 196 Hybrids with sexy-see through, 183 Bros with Kusala rocker and 186 Fats with Kusala rocker.

Still own the 183s and the 186 fats, probably going to grab a pair of regular 186s again. I'll throw up pics of the bros too, in homage of PM Gear.

Here's a bunch of pictures of my various fun times with the Lhasa/Bro. Mostly in the Central Cascades but also up at Golden Alpine Holidays at the Hoji camp. I spent a bunch of time with captions but the TGR photo uploader ate them. So just enjoy these captionless pics.

Awesome pics

Great pics woody.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    Great pics woody.
    Thanks guys. I dug around and found more pics, and have more of the Lhasa at home. Would be awesome if other people can fill this thread with all the happy memories they have of PM Gear, the Bro and the Lhasa.

Edit: fucking tgr image uploader!

super stokeage!
    watch out for snakes

179 Carbon Bros (Lhasa topsheets), SSLs, TLT6Ps ... I feel like I got a lot of kit for the weight. Just had em mounted. So stoked to get out on these.

Edit: Wasatch Touring mounted these and filled the previous holes without my even asking. Pretty sweet. I'm still too much of a jong to mount my own bindings, especially ones with zero heel track adjustment possibility.
    Last edited by mbillie1; 09-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.

So sexy. I wanted speed Sl for my 183 bros but my wallet wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    179 Carbon Bros (Lhasa topsheets), SSLs, TLT6Ps ... I feel like I got a lot of kit for the weight. Just had em mounted. So stoked to get out on these.
    If anyone is selling a pair in a stiff flex, PLEASE contact me. Been trying to get a pair for a while now.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

the website is still up
    watch out for snakes

The red would look pretty slick on the black and red bros, no lie...

Guessing Pat not being able to press skis himself anymore, and the sheer hassle of getting someone else to do it to his standards contributed to this.
    Glad I have a set of yet to be mounted 183 stashed away, and never did sell my original 196 fiberglass lhasas. Going to be strange the next time I need skis, to actually have to think and research what to buy, instead of just seeing what is new at PM Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Going to be strange the next time I need skis, to actually have to think and research what to buy, instead of just seeing what is new at PM Gear.
    word. That's all i've skied on for ten years now. Kusalas and 191 LP's are in great shape tho, so hopefully will get a few more years without having to think...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Got some 174 to unload if any little dudes or ladies want them. Great skis, but in this day and age not having a marketing presence didn't/doesn't help things. Hope my 179 Carbons don't give up the ghost anytime soon.

The Speed Superlight 2s are where its at!

Selling some 183 bro fat carbons on gear swap. Pm me if interested. They are on their last mount.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice classic bros ^

Fun skis. Many good memories. RIP PM Gear.

URL="https://www.tetongravity.com/images/ci-images/44075/img_0803.jpg"][/URL]

Anybody have a mate for my 183 AK Bro?

Bought four pair off Pat over the years sadly only one remains, the venerable Super Bro. Which also has become the #1 nickname for my latest furkid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1441932162.568350.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	169510

I haven't skied a PM Gear ski in years, but I once owned a pair of the OG 179 Bros that I quite enjoyed.

Always sad to see a little guy go.

fkn awesome to see all the stoke being posted for pm gear. mags helpin mags to the good times

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Those look suspiciously like tele turns, son. What were you thinking?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Great photos, so much stoke.