Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Lhasa Pow Stoke

------
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Me on my 196 Lhasa Pows doing what they do best in the 7th Heaven trees at Blackcomb. Photo taken Monday by Jeff Boyce.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Yesterday South San Juans CO
    www.freeridesystems.com

I know it is the year of the Kusala but don't sleep on the Lhasa. With all the rocker profile variations Pat is putting out it is taking one of the most versatile skis out there and just tweaking them for the riders environment and needs.

Here is the double rocker profile of the 191 fats I got off Pat last year.
    Tip
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1386579963.156173.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	146193
    And tail
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1386579990.091804.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	146194

Took them out yesterday for the first time this season, just blew me away again how good they are at dealing with all snow types. No stoke pictures but was so stoked after the first decent day of the season that I felt compelled to post.

yay!!!!!!!!!!

pressing boundaries
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Yesterday South San Juans CO
    I have a lone 191 Lhasa of this vintage (broke the other). No takers on the single ski thread. Does anyone want a backup, or do I need to consummate my plan for a sweet shot-ski??

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I have a lone 191 Lhasa of this vintage (broke the other). No takers on the single ski thread. Does anyone want a backup, or do I need to consummate my plan for a sweet shot-ski??
    191 fat or 112mm version? Stock stiffness?

112, same top sheet as micol's (let me verify that), stock stiffness.
    sproing!

112, same top sheet as micol's (let me verify that), stock stiffness.
    Here are the pics. I picked these up in March 2011 from Pat in Reno. Mounted with a large Duke EPF on the line for a 330 BSL. Edges are minty. Bases need a wax. I had maybe 25 days on them, but probably less. It was a blur of bro models for a while there...

Attachment 148457
    Attachment 148458
    Attachment 148460
    Attachment 148461

Bump...

Really happy to have my Lhasa's back.
    I had a small delam issue on an older pair (first gen 191) that I noticed before it was too serious, towards end of last season.
    Huge props to Splat for making them right for me again.
    W00t, mounting them back up this afternoon, just in time for new snow!!!

Here are the pics. I picked these up in March 2011 from Pat in Reno. Mounted with a large Duke EPF on the line for a 330 BSL. Edges are minty. Bases need a wax. I had maybe 25 days on them, but probably less. It was a blur of bro models for a while there...

Attachment 148457
    Attachment 148458
    Attachment 148460
    Attachment 148461
    Had a change of plans, and am now looking to acquire a lone 191 Lhasa. Thought I wanted to get rid of it, but then I broke another pair of skis this winter. Anyone have a lone 191 you would be willing to sell?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I do want to MAKE a pair of them. Want to sell just one of yours?

I'd prefer to find a mate, but we shall see what happens...thanks for the offer.

Bump. I still think the Lhasa Pow is one of the best skis for pure powder touring and tree skiing.

There has been conjecture about future of PM Gear being grim, but it'd be great to hear it directly. Any official word?

Talked to Pat yesterday. Looks like PM Gear is no more, at least for the foreseeable future. Was thinking about starting a RIP thread, but it's not my place.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Talked to Pat yesterday. Looks like PM Gear is no more, at least for the foreseeable future. Was thinking about starting a RIP thread, but it's not my place.
    Major bummer. Pat's a great guy - definitely made me a happy customer despite some QC issues - and his skis ruled.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Sad news, but I guess I'm not surprised (not in a bad way, just in a reality of the world we live in way). Has to be super hard to make it as a small-time ski manufacturer. I'm surprised larger companies don't try to pick up the designers/creators/builders of the indie ski companies that don't make it, but that have a bit of a cult following, and have them create product lines/skis for them. Or, maybe I'm just flapping in the wind, there.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

That's a bummer. Guess my pair of Pats personal 191 Lhasa Fats will be a collectors item. Love that ski as well as the 187fats that I regret selling. I was also thinking of hitting pat up to do a skinnier 187 at 108 under foot with the same exact shape.

damn! always drooled over a pair. always on the lookout for a 179 tiprockered bro. All the best going forward Pat

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    damn! always drooled over a pair. always on the lookout for a 179 tiprockered bro. All the best going forward Pat
    I just got a pair (so can't help you there) and I am hard pressed to find anything with comparable dims/sidecut anywhere else.

Maybe, sort of, Down's new YW102L 179?

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I just got a pair (so can't help you there) and I am hard pressed to find anything with comparable dims/sidecut anywhere else.
    Damn, I had no idea that was ever made. That sounds like a nice ski - again, I wish the mount point was more forward, but a moot point now, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    All the best going forward Pat
    +1 to that. Best of luck with any future endeavors.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post

Maybe, sort of, Down's new YW102L 179?
    good comparison. also drooled over those and amazing prices on those downs atm. just not looking for light touring model. looking for something for on hill all mt type ski. I like the dims of both those just want something heavier/more damp. glass or hybrid wrap depending on ski

Wtf? No more pm gear?!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I picked up one of the few pair of Bya's pressed in the Kusala mold. Lots of tip rocker, 1,810g, 96m underfoot, and some tail rocker. Should be a real nice soft snow touring stick, though I expect it to be on/off on hard groomers, if it ever sees any. Sad to hear the news about PMG.