Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    if this has been discussed in the prior 17 pages, i didn't see it and apologize.

Can any vancouver/whistler mags speak to traffic? I understand it'll be rough because of the insane amount of people in town. What's a ballpark time to get to Whistler from Vancouver this weekend?

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    spoiler alert ...this includes the womens combined results ...

here is anya talking about the crash with video of it as well....

she starts at about 1.06 in.....the way she talks about how she got back into it and then wanted to do that jump again is insane and inspirational ... she is a proper ski racer ...

Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Not personal. I just don't see how you could think watching Nordic anything could be more interesting than watching a SBX race. Now that's funny.
    It can be more interesting to watch if they actually broadcast the nordic skiing in a proper way, and not the NBC way, with proper production and commentators that know what they are talking about. And then there are actually some real skill involved in the nordic events as well.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp View Post
    It can be more interesting to watch if they actually broadcast the nordic skiing in a proper way, and not the NBC way, with proper production and commentators that know what they are talking about. And then there are actually some real skill involved in the nordic events as well.
    carvedog has the attention span of a tweaker, don't waste your breath.

petra majdic getting bronze with 4 cracked ribs + pneumothorax is the best performance yet. That's serious work.

Quote Originally Posted by nieveparasiempre View Post
    Can any vancouver/whistler mags speak to traffic? I understand it'll be rough because of the insane amount of people in town. What's a ballpark time to get to Whistler from Vancouver this weekend?
    well under 2 hours. we drove up this morning for ski tour. left north shore at 630am, arrived Whistler at 815am with a quick stop in Squampton. i've never seen the highway so empty.

Checkpoint permit required though...

Nobody has mentioned the hockey game tonight? Canada had a bit of a scare against Switzerland...Crosby and Brodeur saved the day in a shootout. So glad I caught it on CNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    anyone have trouble streaming clips off NBC's website? I don't have TV.
    problem with Firefox? bandwidth? ???
    Three different OSes and no luck with any of them. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    carvedog has the attention span of a tweaker, don't waste your breath.
    Jeeze thanks for noticing Hugh. But nah......I just don't get all the snowboard hate. I hang with skiers more than boarders and appreciate both. I am fortunate to have some friends who are also really good skiers, so it's fun to watch.

I would just rather watch turds dry out than watch most skiers on the hill or anywhere for that matter. Nothing really graceful about most.

I could watch any of the alpine events all day and have spent hours and hours on the side or race courses.

I can't wait for the rest of the alpine events. There's PGS boarding coming up too, but I am sure the haters will have something to say about that too - I'll be watching as much of those as I can.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the show. I guess the karmic payback for those claiming the boarding sucks so much would be to have to watch ice dancing instead, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Also, why isn't there a sport called the "free skate gauntlet" where a figure skating dude tries to complete his free skate while a hockey player tries to shoot pucks at him from a reasonable distance?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Also, why isn't there a sport called the "free skate gauntlet" where a figure skating dude tries to complete his free skate while a hockey player tries to shoot pucks at him from a reasonable distance?
    GayBashing as an Olympic sport?

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    I just don't get all the snowboard hate.
    can't speak for others, but none of the Olympic events showcase the strength of snowboarders (White excluded) Not ballet skiing gay, but gay....

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    well under 2 hours. we drove up this morning for ski tour. left north shore at 630am, arrived Whistler at 815am with a quick stop in Squampton. i've never seen the highway so empty.

Checkpoint permit required though...
    damn....looks pretty tough to pick up a permit according to THIS

No permit required if your in Squamish before 6 am.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Paerson is a rock star, makes Vonn's shin look like a papercut. It's too bad Lindsay cheated that gate just a bit too much, I woulda loved to see how she finished the super combined.

This girl is fun to watch, both on the course and off!

Just checked out her website - her publicist has already updated it with the words "THE MOST DECORATED AMERICAN OLYMPIC SKIER!" Wonder how many of these she is selling today?

also, NBC ....

please mute the microphone when Kelly Clark is singing. She might have the biggest airs in all of women's snowboarding, that doesn't mean that she has the best tone though

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hockey

There is a separate thread on this in the padded room, but because it was mentioned above... what a night of hockey. The swiss (who lost to the U.S.) almost take out the canuckleheads and we only pull it out in a shoot out (thanks syd.) The slovaks, who lost to the czechs, BEAT the russians in the next game of the double header, also in a shoot out.

So much for all the forecasting. There are a lot of teams who could medal. And the hockey is fucking amazing to watch.

Sorry if you were stuck with NBC. How was the figure skating? Actually, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    also, NBC ....

please mute the microphone when Kelly Clark is singing. She might have the biggest airs in all of women's snowboarding, that doesn't mean that she has the best tone though
    Agreed, that was painful to hear.

I walk about 100 yards to the alpine stadium and click in to my skis

once yer up here and I have been since the 3rd its super easy getting around ...lots of buses with friendly helpful drivers

I walk about 100 yards to the alpine stadium and click in to my skis

once yer up here and I have been since the 3rd its super easy getting around ...lots of buses with friendly helpful drivers

My buddy Mason's take on the Whistler Olympics: http://vancouver2010.sympatico.ca/Video/Real2010/
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    My buddy Mason's take on the Whistler Olympics: http://vancouver2010.sympatico.ca/Video/Real2010/
    Pretty legit video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Here's my buddy Andy's luge run. ON SQUADS!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhPYBTn0Stg"]YouTube- Skiing the 2010 Olympic Luge / bob track in Whistler[/ame]

^ so much win!

Quote Originally Posted by powderslayer View Post

YouTube- Skiing the 2010 Olympic Luge / bob track in Whistler
    Ladies and gentlemen may I present a POV camera used correctly
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powderslayer View Post

YouTube- Skiing the 2010 Olympic Luge / bob track in Whistler
    Way to bring it. Best vid on Whistler and the games yet. the luge run was......

except for the russian judge. but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Jon Montgomery just downed most of a pitcher of beer on live television between getting off the Blackcomb gondola and arriving about 30m later at CTV.

He's the fucking man.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

that is full of win as well, FKNA
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Jon Montgomery just downed most of a pitcher of beer on live television between getting off the Blackcomb gondola and arriving about 30m later at CTV.

He's the fucking man.
    for me the absolute fucking highlight of the games so far. it looked like he was trying to down the whole fucking thing at once...right in front of the cops. FKNA
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.