Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: They call it Baseball...

They call it Baseball...

...but in ST. LOUIS it is a seven month love affair between a couple dozen guys and a few million of their closest friends"

- Jack Buck

It's on, people. Personally, I'd rather be dropping in on main Baldy, but since this is what we have, let me say that anyone who doesn't understand what Cardinals Baseball means to St. Louis knows little about baseball.

LET'S GO REDBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fucking A, we love them!
    Last edited by Karl Stall; 10-21-2004 at 11:15 PM.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Both the LCSs have been outstanding. Let's hope the World Series isn't an anticlimax.

Here it comes: Karl Stall versus the legion of Boston and New England maggots!

yeah Karl, you are going to have to come up with some aliases, because you are seriously out numbered here.

honestly, from what I’ve seen of cards fans (at least when they were here for interleauge games) they are gracious, knowledgeable, and totally in love with their ball club. pretty much the same qualities as us boston fans. except the gracious part. heh.

its wicked fuckin' on.

Those are some funny comments. I am severely outnumbered for sure. I have been following the Boston-New York threads for some time, but said nothing because I was too superstitious to potentially jinx the Redbirds.

People who joke that all we have out here are cornfields aren't too far from the truth, but boy let me tell you how much we love our Cardinals. The quote above from Jack Buck is the quote I used for my high school yearbook. I have spent my entire life living and dying with the fate of our hometowners, and watched both Game 6 and Game 7 from the same seats that my partents were sitting in changing my diapers when I was just a newborne.

Also, I would like to relate the fact that I spent my four years of highschool at a boarding school in Western Mass, and always liked the Red Sox. When the Mets beat them in '86 I was so pissed - I fucking hate the Mets, and the Yankees for that matter.

All I have to say is: We're FUCKING going to the World Series, baby. And thanks, Roger Clemons for fucking us on the home-field advantage, you fucking hick fuck. I loved watching Scottie "ballgame" take your pompous ass yard last night.

CARDINAL NATION - Boston's own Peter Gammons states unequivocally that St. Louis is the best baseball town in America.

Game on!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

yeah guy!

any chance you can find tickets for game 3 for $300 or less? i'm lookin. i'm flying back to boston wednesday night for the end of 4, then 5, 6 and 7.

heard standing room was already at $450 and that is out of my league.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

GO ASTROS!!!!!
    (I'm still in denial, leave me alone)

Years ago, before I was even married, my wife-to-be and I were travellling around the country for a few months. We got to St. Louis and after hitting the zoo and the bowling hall of fame we were pretty much out of things to do.

The Cards were playing an afternoon game against the Braves, but it was sold out and we couldn't find any scalpers. Figuring that the scalpers must hang out somewhere, we asked a couple walking towards the gate where we could find some tickets.

"Here, take ours," the guy said.
    "Um, well, how much do you want?"
    "Nothing. Take them. We have season tickets, we go to every game. Everyone should get a chance to see a game here, so take our tickets, please."
    His wife nodded. "Please, take them. It's our pleasure."

So we took them. Great game, too.

That would NEVER happen in the Bean.

Still haven't figured out if they were the nicest people I ever met or if they were just retarded.

Screw the Red Sox!!! Let's go National League!!!

P.S. Thanks, Roger, now the best team in baseball has to go on the road and play the wild card team... that's fair. If only Schmidty could go that day...

edit: P.P.S. I'm no alias
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall
    I would like to relate the fact that I spent my four years of highschool at a boarding school in Western Mass,

serious? i got kicked out of a western mass boarding school, those uptight bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    serious? i got kicked out of a western mass boarding school, those uptight bitches.
    heh, one of my bro's got kicked out of a western mass boarding school, an eastern mass boarding school and an eastern New york boarding school.

(NMH, Gov. Dummer and Darrow)

Where did you go Karl and Base?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Years ago, before I was even married, my wife-to-be and I were travellling around the country for a few months. We got to St. Louis and after hitting the zoo and the bowling hall of fame we were pretty much out of things to do.
    [/SIZE]
    i think they might make beer there, or something.

you should've asked those nice people for some money for a hat.
    fine

Deerfield

Now I'm all pissed off - I can't even describe how wrong it is that because Roger Clemons is a tool that the Cards have to play the wild card on the road. So fucking dumb. Thanks Selig, you ugly ass fuck. It was the NL's year for home field anyway. Oh, well.
    Mohandas Gandhi

dude i totally got kicked out of NMH, a school i chose over the dummer. of course the dummer wouldnt touch me ( i mean who would want to to fucking touch me?) after that, so i ended up at the cambridge school of drugs and frisbees.

Deerfield

Now I'm all pissed off - I can't even describe how wrong it is that because Roger Clemons is a tool that the Cards have to play the wild card on the road.
    OK, so what does Clemens have to do with game one being in Boston? I don't get it.

And quit your bitchin'. Your team made the damn World Series for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    OK, so what does Clemens have to do with game one being in Boston? I don't get it.
    Hmmm... Mid-Summer Classic...
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    the all star game decides home field advantage. clemens lost it.
    fine

i think the american leauge won, more than clemens lost. i mean he only pitched two innings. where the fuck was your boy barry, why didn't he hit 8 homers in that game? huh? i think he lost it for you whiners.

Barry is certainly not "my boy" - I think you're referring to the SF guy above.

Also, there is a lot of speculation that Piazza was tipping off the hitters since he hates Clemons - consider that one.

I am just psyched to get there - I am going to all three games next week - holding the tickets in my hand!
    Mohandas Gandhi

Message accidentally deleted in editing. Whoops
    You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

Barry is certainly not "my boy" - I think you're referring to the SF guy above.
    obviously i'm talking to him. he's all on your bandwagon and shit. that guy sucks.

piazza tipping of batters is total dumb false media conspiricy. no way.

bottom line, pitching in the AL is much tougher than the NL. clemens effective vs. NL does not = clemes effective Vs. the AL. a lot of his success this year was attributed by many to his switch to the NL.

he got hit because the AL has a huge book on the guy, and everyone in the line up had faced him some odd umpteen times. but its not like the NL didn't have any squandered oportunity in that game. its not really rodgers fault, and its okay to be scared to play four games in fenway.

4 games in Fenway? don't get ahead of yourself, my friend.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Well, I'm an Astros fan. I gotta hand it to the Redbirds, though.

Well, I'm for the BoSox in this one.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

4 games in Fenway? don't get ahead of yourself, my friend.

Uh oh. Karl's sounding Tuffy-like there. Not like the type of friendly Missouran (right word?) that would give his tickets away to some stange Iceman

Great to have you guys as the opponent Karl! I'm sure there'll be some good-natured back and forth, but honestly Boston fans won't be nearly as viscious when obnoxious Yankee fans aren't on the other side...

...but in ST. LOUIS it is a seven month love affair between a couple dozen guys and a few million of their closest friends . . .

Sounds kinda like the bigest sex party (ORGIE) ever - use codoms loverz, please.

Fuck the Yankees - overpaid fuxx. Hate Houston too, glad to see 'em loose (arrogant fuxx, go hang with the ENRON asswipes in muggy nowhereville)

StLouis - Boston . . . wow, classic!

Karl is about to get his freak on for several weeks because of this guys and dolls - so be kind and patient

Lastly, fuck you all, FULL BLOWER winter's almost here!

I think I'm going to have to quote Bullwinkle here!

Hey Rocky,
    Watch me pull the NLCS out of a hat;Nothin up my sleeve,& PRESTO! Don't know my own strength!

Yeah Karl,We're on it now! I was pretty confidant that we'd take the Astros,but didn't think it would be so similar to when we beat SF(all home wins).My family called me after the game.I went out to a bar to grab a celebratory drink,met some other cards fan,& got hammered.

Thank God The Sox won! Everyone outside of NY hates the Yanks & the Mets.I too was so pissed when Buckner flailed in '86.

I'm glad the Sox are in the series,but I think the Cards are gonna win.I know we won the 67 classic,when was the other time?Karl & I may be outnumbered on the board,but we got the Freak on our team!Walker's got to be psyched to be out of Colorado& in STL!

Last Cardinal game I went to was on my B-day in early May a couple of years ago.It was a sold out noon game on a Tuesday.Everyone was in red & partying.It was crazy!
    Calmer than you dude