Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Billy got playstation
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

I couldn't read the whole thread without my head caving in. I do have an opinion though. This country is fulfilling its basic needs right now. Until those needs are met we can't reach out and do more. I'm a proponent of the arts as well as the space program, but those areas shouldn't be funded while people are losing jobs and the economy is tanking.

I'm saying that the US is in the Safety stage and we can't expect to fund space exploration or the arts until the Self Actualization stage. To get there we have to meet all the needs in between. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it!

My brother-in-law has worked for NASA, on the shuttle, for the past decade. He sent me this video. He was planning on getting a job with the Constellation program after the shuttle program ended.

Whitey's on the moon

The video's not so great but Gil Scott-Heron is a genius.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY"]YouTube- Whitey on the moon - gil scott-heron[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The video's not so great but Gil Scott-Heron is a genius.
    YouTube- Whitey on the moon - gil scott-heron
    Thats what I'm talkin about!

alright, chaps. buzz aldrin sides with obama on this one:

http://buzzaldrin.com/statement-from...tion-in-space/

would anyone like to take it up with buzz? he throws a mean punch, you know.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU"]YouTube- Buzz Aldrin punch[/ame]

Smokey McPole Guest
    Pffftt - I was saying NASA should be shit-canned years ago. Lotsa libdope Obamazombies got all mad at me. I'm sure it's fine with them tho now that Obama says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    My brother-in-law has worked for NASA, on the shuttle, for the past decade. He sent me this video. He was planning on getting a job with the Constellation program after the shuttle program ended.
    Ok then, do us a favor. On top of finding the money that he is proposing to save by cutting the program, find the money that is needed to complete the program in the first place. If you read the links from my earlier post, you'll realize that Constellation was severely short funded already to the point that the program was unsustainable.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Why not do what they Chinese did....wait until they finance all the tech and then steal it from them?

A good article from The Economist on the mission's cancellation.... It seems to shed a little more light on the specific cost categories on the program and doesn't spew so much flatulence as Rubicon or Highangle.

Here it is: Economist on the Constellation Mission Cancellation

Cassini Gets Life Extension to Explore Saturn Until 2017

Read More http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...#ixzz0eaz3xNIX

yeah it shouldnt produce anything anyway [ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n"]The Bloom Box - 60 Minutes - CBS News[/ame]
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

^^^That is awesome.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Senator Nelson's view on the subject

http://www.aip.org/fyi/2010/025.html

^^^ IMO the best place for policy information for all you nerds out there
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Senator Proposes Shuttle-Extension Hail Mary
    By Alexis Madrigal March 4, 2010 | 2:10 pm | Categories: Space

The turmoil and political maneuvering over the future of NASA continues in the wake of the Obama administration’s cancellation of the Constellation program.

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson, a Texas Republican, proposed adding $3.4 billion to the agency’s budget between 2010 and 2012 to extend operation of the Shuttle until NASA is confident that a replacement vehicle is available.

When NASA scoped out a similar Shuttle extension plan [pdf] in April 2009, they determined that a Shuttle extension through fiscal year 2012 would require at least $4.6 billion.

The new bill, S. 3068, which was read in the Senate Wednesday, has not been added to the publicly available database of legislation (THOMAS).

Its introduction comes as NASA itself gropes around for a politically viable path. While the Constellation program was widely seen as unable to meet the goals laid out for it by President Bush in the Vision for Space Exploration, it had been providing the direction for the agency since 2004.

An internal NASA email obtained by Space.com laid out Administrator Charles Bolden’s call for a compromise “Plan B” that could garner support in Congress.

The proposed set of new ideas would include the “development of a manned spacecraft, heavy-lift launch vehicle and launch vehicle test program.”

It’s not clear if such moves will satisfy pro-Constellation Congressional leaders, who have reacted negatively to the Obama plan, which would place low-earth orbit human spaceflight in the hands of commercial space companies

Read More http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...#ixzz0hF8NiVMj

is there light for the Nasa program?

Space Force!
    . . .

Die already you PR-polluting flacid cunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Die already you PR-polluting flacid cunt!
    How do you say that in French?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How do you say that in French?
    The main problem here would be to find a word on the same level as cunt which, afaik, has no equally offensive translation in French.
    Let's see... "Va crever espece de chatte molle qui pourrit la PR" gets us close enough.

Boissal rocks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The main problem here would be to find a word on the same level as cunt which, afaik, has no equally offensive translation in French.
    Let's see... "Va crever espece de chatte molle qui pourrit la PR" gets us close enough.
    Because the French see nothing offensive about female genitalia, I assume?
    According to "Narcos" the Columbians would just say "Puta, puta, puta, puta."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Because the French see nothing offensive about female genitalia, I assume?
    According to "Narcos" the Columbians would just say "Puta, puta, puta, puta."
    That would make for an interesting social study actually. Why is it that you can run around the US around calling everyone a dick (cock/dong/...) and it's considered a gentle ribbing but the second you use the female equivalent people set themselves on fire and poke their children's eardrums out? The Brits use it routinely and I've never observed any rending of garments as a result... Twat doesn't seem to elicit the same reaction so it's not purely gender-based. Maybe it sounds better since it's a more dated term?

I'm going with puritanism coated with a healthy layer of hypocrisy.

What about wanker?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    What about wanker?
    Branleur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Branleur.
    Oui.
    Mostly used to denote a certain level of laziness and lack of interest in one's work rather than someone who's an asswipe (or someone walking around with dick in hand).