Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Lost - the final season

Watched the pop up video version of last year's season ender. I forgot about most of it. The pop up text really helped refresh the old brain cells.

um...the nuke went off and Jacob is dead....???

Does this mean everything will reverse from season 1? or will a new timeline start? Will everyone get off the island? (except Rose & her hubby who like living like natives). Will everyone live happily ever after? Will the end of Lost be satisfying or lame like Battlestar ended up? .....so many questions......

I ridiculously pumped for this season. In a way I just want it to be over, but at the same time I'm looking forward to more mind-fucking, and hopefully more scantily clad Kate.

When I had my knee surgery summer of 08, I had never seen LOST before. Since I had a week or so of just lying in bed most of the day, I borrowed Season 1 from my gf, and then blew through the whole series up to the end of Season 4. Took me about 2 weeks. Then it was torture watching Season 5 because I had to wait a week in between episodes, and something wasn't the same watching the show without percocet...

Anyway, no clue what the nuke is gonna do. I just hope it brings Faraday back, and I've heard rumors (that i wish i hadn't because I hate expecting something) about other characters coming back. Maybe it'll just blow up the whole island, and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Wow Crock, that is the exact same experience I had ACL, percs, and all. Although I was able to put off season 5 until it was on netflix streaming. Not sure how I am going to cope with having to wait with the masses for each new episode.

As far as the story line I think the last explosion was the "event" not the bomb and they will wake up in some other time. The two john lockes really has me glued. I too have heard rumors that the "dead" characters were doing some filming for the last season. Could be flash backs....
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Just started rewatching all the episodes from last season that have been clogging up my DVR for a year - good thing to, cause I forgot a lot! Very excited for this season to get underway.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

I'm pumped for this season. Just rewatched the last one and it's even better the second time around.

This might have been discussed in last season's thread, but if Jacob is Jacob (white robe guy in season 5 finale) and Jacob's nemesis (black robe) is undead Locke, then who's been reincarnated into Jack's dad? Could he too be Jacob's rival. At first, it appeared he was an illusion in the first few seasons, but it seems that he's been brought back to life in the same way the undead Locke has. Thoughts?

Am I the only one who thinks that the creators have re-filmed portions of seasons to fill in holes during the re-caps.

I don't think I ever saw Jacob before last season, and yet they have him in the re-caps as showing up in earlier seasons (at Sawyer's parents funeral) and "marking" those who will come to the island at a later date. No?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    then who's been reincarnated into Jack's dad?
    I actually brought this up with my gf last night. I didn't catch it the first time around, but after the watching last seasons finale again it occurred to me.

So if they did everything they could to replicate the original flight, and Locke was the stand in for Christopher, Jack's dad, could he have been possessed too?

Or did it only happen with Locke because not everyone went back to the island, and that caused the "loophole"???

Maybe I'm way off cuz they never found Christopher's body, whereas we've seen both dead Locke, and undead Locke. Who knows. Either way this season has got some serious 'splainin to do. The success this season will determine the fate of the entire series.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Stu,
    I don't recall if Jacob was shown in the older versions of flashbacks (like the one when Locke was tossed out the window). It's an interesting thought though. I'm sure some Losty out there is all over that.

i don't think jacob was in the originals. yea i think Christian's ghost was the man in black/smoke monster basically getting Locke to do what he needed to

Jacob wasn't in the original episodes. There was on one episode last season (was it the finale?) where they showed him being present at major events in the characters' lives, events that were connected to previous episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Maybe I'm way off cuz they never found Christopher's body, whereas we've seen both dead Locke, and undead Locke.
    Jack finds Christians body and buries him in Season 1. I just rewatched Season 5 and started in on Season 1 again. I forgot how good 1 is and how the creators wrote in some predictions for later. At one point, Locke and Jack are discussing the science/faith ideas and Jack says "I dont believe in fate or destiny" and Locke replies "one day, you will". Really speaks to the end of season 5 with Jack and his idea that it was his destiny to push the reset button.

I am so pumped for Tuesday.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

There is a clip of the 1st four minutes of the new episode.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Lost/93942...T_hp_xfinitytv

It shows the last couple minutes of the season ender, then Jack on the original (?) flight talking to Rose while they hit turbulance. The plane does not crash in the clip. It looks like time was reset. ....Groundhog Day, sort of.

hmmm, this is airing on 2/2, right?

Really stoked for this season. Just finished watching 1-5, I hadn't seen the first two seasons. Surprising how consistent they've been with the plotting, despite some stalling in seasons 3-4 to pad the series out and help keep ABC happy. As much as I like the show, I'm glad they're wrapping it up — a lot of series would be better with an end date to keep them fresh.

I have to think that the detonation didn't alter time and revert the course of events such that the original flight doesn't crash. That teaser clip leads me to think it's a dream sequence. Anything else would go against what this show has been about.

Fuck ya on this thread. My wife and I are also doing the recap. Made it half way through Season 2, and then watched the Season 5 finale last night. Wow.

Some funny things we've noticed...

Hurley at one point in Season 2 mentions, "No one exactly knows where we are, or when we are." Definitely a prelude to the time change.

And the last episode we saw from Season 2 is when Sun finds out she's pregnant. She has to go ask Sawyer for a pregnancy test since he's hording all the drugs and whatnot. On the box when she goes to open it, and it says "Whitmore Laboratories." Fucking awesome.

Anyways, tonight's the night.

I highly doubt Jacob is done. He went way too easily on Ben's knife. Didn't seem preoccupied in the least about it. Seems like he was already transferred possibly to another body (Jack's Dad?). Locke is dead. The new Locke is that other dude who is Jacob's nemesis. But of course, I think he'll be back as things have now been "reset."

*Spoiler alert*

Not really a spoiler, but I read today that Claire, Michael, and Libby are making a return. Hopefully they'll finally explain what the deal is with Walt (I'm not satisfied with that story). Libby went a little too quickly too. Definitely some unexplained shit going on there. And I could honestly care less about Claire. But I guess baby Aaron needs a mom...

doughboyshredder Guest
    Hmmm, what to say.

First of all I think that Jacob is now in Sayed's body. I think Hugo is special to the others (probably has something to do with the numbers, and his ongoing ability to talk to the dead. Obviously there is a multiverse aspect to everything. To what extent is the question, I guess.

I can't figure out where this is going. 2 alternate, parallel universes that are going to collide in the end? Some one call Olivia Dunham & Walter Bishop. JJ Abrams has his storylines crossed.

jj abrams doesn't really do anything for lost anymore, but yeah his projects do love their quantum multiverse time traveling storylines.
    i can do without anymore returns to the alternate plane lands safe reality after last nights episode. "it worked" nuf said

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    First of all I think that Jacob is now in Sayed's body. I think Hugo is special to the others
    Agree on both. Notice how Hurley was the only one whose life seemed altered on the plane? He mentioned that "he always has good luck" or something. This is in stark contrast to before where he seemed to be a complete fuck up, or at least viewed himself that way.

What's the deal with Jacob and the other guy? The one who has taken the form of Locke. How come Jacob can leave the island, but the other guy can't? I also like the quote about "nice seeing you out of chains" to Richard which indicates Richard was a slave who came to the island on the Black Rock.

Have we seen the hippy at the temple with the John Lennon glasses before? He looks familiar. And is this the same group of "others" who are/were with Richard?

One apparent continuity flaw last night bugged me. Why was the Dharma van still there when they all came to near the hatch?

Interview with the producers about season 6. Don't read unless you watched the season premier.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lo...damon-carlton/

Evangeline Lilly needs to wear less. Lots less. It's a tropical island fer fucks sake, cool off.

Gonna have to re-watch tonight.

Some observations and thoughts:

- Hurley is lucky in the alternate universe (flight 815 ppl)
    - F815 Charlie said "I was supposed to die" when rescued out of the bathroom
    - Jack was given 1 extra bottle of liquor from Cindy (flight attendant) instead of two as seen in the Pilot
    - the same Cindy is with the Temple others and says, "They're from the first plane."
    - the island is underwater in F815 universe --> 1977 detonation most likely led to this --> "Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury ring a bell?
    - Christian Shephard's body and Locke's knives are missing from F815 --> possible tie to connect F815 world and the island
    - MIB (man in black, aka Jacob's nemesis aka undead Locke) = Smoke Monster = we knew this at S5 finale
    - Richard arrived with Black Rock as a slave --> kinda knew this too, but not 100% yet
    - back to island underwater for F815, this is how Black Rock is in the MIDDLE of the island --> something happens, island surfaces directly underneath Black Rock
    - Desmond was on F815, but it was he who didn't push the button that sent F815 crashing in the very beginning
    - Shannon is not on F815 this time around --> again, 1977 detonation altered the future paths of everyone
    - F815 = how life would be if the F815 never crashed AND the 1977 detonation occurred
    - Desmond in an S5 episode said to Jack, "See you in another life, brotha."
    - Sayid = new Jacob? Although the clip was only a few short seconds, he had a certain je ne ce quoi
    - Where the fuck were these Temple others this whole time? Again, caused by 1977 detonation? Were these the same people responsible for the fiery arrows during the first time flash?
    - Juliet said, "it worked" to Miles after dying. Significance? Did she have some connection to the F815 timeline?
    Last edited by NPG; 02-04-2010 at 09:26 AM.

just caught the premiere. Im going to have to watch it again for sure.

I think the 'other' Others have been there the whole time but hidden away. The two kids that served food were the children that were taken from the tail section. I remember Ben saying how only 'they' were allowed to enter the temple or something to that affect.

There were a lot of little differences on the plane. +Desmond -Shannon. Also, Sun didn't speak english so she probably wasn't going to leave Jin. Maybe she just hadn't built up the self confidence yet to betray Jin by speaking english.

I am interested to see that the Man in Black is really capable of. Where is his home?

Hopefully Sawyer will kill Jack. I am over Jack and his bullshit.

Evangeline Lilly needs to wear less. Lots less. It's a tropical island fer fucks sake, cool off.
    Seriously. Plus no Shannon. Give us something to stare at here.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gg8983 View Post
    I am over Jack and his bullshit.

Seriously. Plus no Shannon. Give us something to stare at here.
    Same. I wouldn't be bothered one bit to see his arrogant ass get taken out.