Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    It's pretty amazing that with four episodes left, there really isn't any consensus on what the hell is actually going on.
    Not really, because there isn't going to be any real resolution. Oh yea, there will be a climactic battle of some sorts and I'm sure a resolution in the literary sense, but they aren't going to answer all the questions this show has created, not a chance. They're going to answer a few and just end it, the pigfuckers.

The alternate universe is annoying and pure filler I think.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm nearly certain that Sayid did not kill Desmond.
    To me it looked like Sayid was looking for a vine probably to pull up Desmond when Fake Locke found him.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post

Agreed. Every time it switches to the alternate universe, I keep wanting it to switch back to the island.

What's up with Widmore's people flipping on Sawyer, etc.? When Sawyer and Jack were talking on the boat, I was getting the impression Sawyer is somehow being controlled by Smokey too. I wonder if Widmore knows this somehow.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

Pretty sure the sideways reality represents what happens if the MIB gets off the island.

Quote Originally Posted by jon turner View Post
    Agreed. Every time it switches to the alternate universe, I keep wanting it to switch back to the island.

Think about that just a teensy weensy bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Not so sure about it being filler, but certainly the temple stuff was. Ben's the leader for years, and yet there was no relationship between him and Mr Baseball?

Prolly my biggest problem with the writing is the contrast of how the Others used to be so driven by the cause (following Jacob and saving the world) and how easily they joined up with Flocke.

Ready for it to end.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Is it true this weeks episode is a rerun? I heard/read the next new episode is May 4.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Negative SMP- almost positive it's on tomorrow...

My take on what is going on. I think that all of the candidates to become the new leader of the island are beginning to solidify. A person that has been spoken to by island Locke is lost to him unless they are spoken to by a strong candidate (ie sawyer).

The alternate universe is annoying as hell. I too wish it'd go back to the island everytime it shows that malarky.

According to my on screen tv guide, tomorrow's show is a rerun of the Richard Alpert episode.

according to the Lost wikipedia page, the next episode is in May:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(season_6)
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

well that sucks. sorry for the misinfo. the abc website is kinda confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    According to my on screen tv guide, tomorrow's show is a rerun of the Richard Alpert episode.
    a night to enjoy the genius of glee
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    a night to enjoy the genius of glee
    So Mrs EO is, like, what's this glee show about? If this is all that's on let's watch it. I warned her it was a stupid tv musical. About 15 min into the show she said, "this is stupid" and left the room. I flipped through the channels awhile and found the Blues Brothers to watch instead , just as Princess Leia was blowing up the Plymouth Hotel, transients welcome.

So Jack knew that he couldn't kill himself, why not pull the wires out of the C4 himself and wait for nothing to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    So Jack knew that he couldn't kill himself, why not pull the wires out of the C4 himself and wait for nothing to happen?
    Because that would have set off the C4 just like when Sawyer pulled the wires out. It isn't that Jack can't kill himself. It's that Locke can't kill any of them. They should have left the wires in and left the count down go to zero - then nothing would have happened.

Very very good show last night. Still thinking about it today.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

We learned earlier in the season from Richard that candidates can't kill themselves. So again, Sawyer or Jack or virtually anyone else (not Kate or Lapidus) could have pulled the wire (nevermind letting the timer run its course), and as long as they were still in possession of the C4 afterwards then nothin was going to happen. Sayid grabbing it away is what made it explode.

I can't recall if Locke is able to kill candidates directly but it seems like he's setting up the pieces so that they destroy themselves.

With the candidates dead, there is no "Jacob." Smokey needs there to be no Jacob.

How could both the Kwans die? I thought at least one of them still needed to be alive, per the wall scribblings.

We learned earlier in the season from Richard that candidates can't kill themselves. So again, Sawyer or Jack or virtually anyone else (not Kate or Lapidus) could have pulled the wire (nevermind letting the timer run its course), and as long as they were still in possession of the C4 afterwards then nothin was going to happen. Sayid grabbing it away is what made it explode.

I can't recall if Locke is able to kill candidates directly but it seems like he's setting up the pieces so that they destroy themselves.
    You sure about that. I thought that Sawyer making the decision to pull the wire would kill them all. Lock can't kill them and if they left the C4 alone nothing would have happened. They can't kill themselves but they can kill each other. I think......Sawyer pulling the wires is what is killing all of them not Sayid running away. It was actually a pretty good episode last night.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

For a major plot point, the writer's are cutting a very fine line.

The only thing that Sawyer did was accelerate the detonation of the bomb. The protagonist is still Locke, who sets the bomb plot in motion.

And since Sawyer can't kill himself, won't the bomb not go off, just like the dynamite in the BlackRock?

Because if Jack had left Sawyer and helped Jin (who commits suicide to Stay with Jin, a no non, unless of course that Sun was the candidate) and Sun, and left Sawyer to die, then in essence, Sawyer has committed suicide with his actions, and we know that is impossible.

And hey, who knew that getting wet negated all of Locke's powers?

The writers are really stretching with this one.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

When did smokey become immune to bullets while in human form? I don't remember seeing that before. Seems he would never need to become smoke if he could walk up to his victim, snap their neck or shoot them in the head or whatever.

Another plot hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    When did smokey become immune to bullets while in human form? I don't remember seeing that before. Seems he would never need to become smoke if he could walk up to his victim, snap their neck or shoot them in the head or whatever.

Another plot hole?
    What I found interesting about that scene is that the guards opened fire on Locke before he muttered a word. As was mentioned at least twice previously, in order for someone to kill Locke, you have to attack before he speaks to you (Sayid with the sword and someone else with a gun I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    And hey, who knew that getting wet negated all of Locke's powers?
    What are you talking about ? He still had his powers when he got out of the water ? He shot everyone up !

What I found interesting about that scene is that the guards opened fire on Locke before he muttered a word. As was mentioned at least twice previously, in order for someone to kill Locke, you have to attack before he speaks to you (Sayid with the sword and someone else with a gun I believe).
    He can only be killed with that knife. I think Richard and Ben are going to take care of that soon.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    What are you talking about ? He still had his powers when he got out of the water ? He shot everyone up !

Sawyer said "you get him in the water I'll do the rest". It is inconceivable that flocke would not have been able to surface and get back on the dock a hell of a lot quicker than he did. Of course we know now why he didn't want to, but James didn't know that. Did he? Why would he have thought pushing mib in the water would do anything?

Locke can't swim or fly over water right? Otherwise, why an island?
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Locke can't swim or fly over water right? Otherwise, why an island?
    I'm not sure about that. How would Sawyer know anything about that if it was true ? I don't remember Sawyer having any conversations with Jacob or even Richard. Maybe Whitmore said something ?