Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 290
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,622
    I'm hooked... shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    Jack definitely seemed out of sorts on the plane. How about when he was in the lav and looked at himself in the mirror? Even before noticing the cut on his neck it was almost like he didn't recognize himself or something.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BZ
    Posts
    241
    I think the people in the real world are sole less until their island counterparts die. Just a thought.
    This is the best network TV show since MASH!!!

  4. #29
    doughboyshredder Guest
    Ben stole their feet?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Ben stole their feet?
    Ah, so that explains the giant foot statue on the island. Ben has a foot fetish!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Ben stole their feet?
    No, just the bottoms of their feet.

    I'm wondering why Locke (the MIB) kicked the shit out of Alpert then picked him up and carried him away, saying "you should all be ashamed of yourselves" or something like that to the Jacob protectors?

    I'm assuming the new Locke will attack the temple now? Who were the Others (at the temple) notifying when they shot off the rocket (assuming to warn that the smoke monster is on the loose)?
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

    - Owl Chapman

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,441

    really ? it's that good ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm hooked... shit...
    Same here.
    too many friends have raved about the series. Pretty easy to catch up on the past 5 seasons with netflix etc.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sea Level
    Posts
    3,793
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    - Sayid = new Jacob? Although the clip was only a few short seconds, he had a certain je ne ce quoi
    Probably. Sayid’s soliloquy about what while happen when he dies, torturing people and being punished has to mean something.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

    Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BZ
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    - Juliet said, "it worked" to Miles after dying. Significance? Did she have some connection to the F815 timeline?
    This is what I'm talking about with the whole people have to die to go back to the F815 time line. Sayid is sipping pina colatas in LA with his lady friend now.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    Gonna have to re-watch tonight.



    Some observations and thoughts:

    - Hurley is lucky in the alternate universe (flight 815 ppl)
    - F815 Charlie said "I was supposed to die" when rescued out of the bathroom
    - Jack was given 1 extra bottle of liquor from Cindy (flight attendant) instead of two as seen in the Pilot
    - the same Cindy is with the Temple others and says, "They're from the first plane."
    - the island is underwater in F815 universe --> 1977 detonation most likely led to this --> "Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury ring a bell?
    - Christian Shephard's body and Locke's knives are missing from F815 --> possible tie to connect F815 world and the island
    - MIB (man in black, aka Jacob's nemesis aka undead Locke) = Smoke Monster = we knew this at S5 finale
    - Richard arrived with Black Rock as a slave --> kinda knew this too, but not 100% yet
    - back to island underwater for F815, this is how Black Rock is in the MIDDLE of the island --> something happens, island surfaces directly underneath Black Rock
    - Desmond was on F815, but it was he who didn't push the button that sent F815 crashing in the very beginning
    - Shannon is not on F815 this time around --> again, 1977 detonation altered the future paths of everyone
    - F815 = how life would be if the F815 never crashed AND the 1977 detonation occurred
    - Desmond in an S5 episode said to Jack, "See you in another life, brotha."
    - Sayid = new Jacob? Although the clip was only a few short seconds, he had a certain je ne ce quoi
    - Where the fuck were these Temple others this whole time? Again, caused by 1977 detonation? Were these the same people responsible for the fiery arrows during the first time flash?
    - Juliet said, "it worked" to Miles after dying. Significance? Did she have some connection to the F815 timeline?
    Very nice summary, NPG!

    Some thoughts/questions...

    -How did we know from S5 finale that the smoke monster was Jacob's nemesis?
    -That's a very cool assessment of how the Black Rock wound up in the middle of the island. Probably not far off.
    -I kind of think that the Temple Others have been there the whole time. Something that has kind of bugged me is that when watching the second season over, Jin and Mr. Echo are the first ones to actually lay eyes on the Others. They're all barefoot, and there is a little girl dragging a teddy bear tied to a leash. Then, we you get to the village that the Others had taken from the Dharma people, they're all dressed in normal attire. Makes me think that the real Others were living somewhere else with their barefooted hippy brethren. And that was somewhat verified by the fact that the kids reappeared in the S6 opener at the Temple.
    -Juliet definitely had a connection with the F815 timeline.

    Can't wait to see where this goes.

    Oh, and I think Locke is the son of the devil. Random, but just watched the S2 episode where his dad fakes his own death, and then has Locke get $700,000 stowed away at a bank deposit. His dad fucks him over, yet a gain and ends up taking the money, as Locke is dumped by his gf he plans to propose to. Fallen angel. In the end, his last dying thoughts were, "I don't understand?"

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Jack definitely seemed out of sorts on the plane. How about when he was in the lav and looked at himself in the mirror? Even before noticing the cut on his neck it was almost like he didn't recognize himself or something.
    Significance of the cut on the neck? Anyone?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    As far as Juliet, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in the alternate timeline and meets Sawyer there. If the island was sunk by her exploding the bomb maybe she was never recruited by Ben to go to the island (in that alt timeline). However, Hurley still won the lottery despite the fact he got the numbers from someone who heard the radio transmission from the island. I wonder if in the alt timeline Hurley we'll learn that he won with some other numbers?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,900
    We knew at the S5 finale that undead Locke was Jacob's nemesis (MIB). When Ben tried to summon the smoke monster, it didn't appear. Why? Because the monster must have been incorporated into someone else. If you recall the scene where Ben takes Locke to the temple, it was pretty damn convenient for the smoke monster to appear before Ben JUST after Locke left to go find a way to assist Ben out of the hole. Additionally, it was the smoke monster that instructed Ben to be Locke's bitch or face death. Maybe these events weren't dead giveaways, but the pieces do add up.

    Not mentioned yet, but in the S6 premiere, undead Locked said that the only person that truly wanted to remain on the island was Locke. In fact, this is untrue and you can also add Rose to that list - she never wanted to leave.

    In S6 premiere, it is Rose that is comforting Jack as the plane begins to shake violently. In the Pilot, it is Jack that is comforting Rose.

    I also like inthemtns' idea that the island survivors will die off. Was it their destiny to return to the island only to kill MIB/undead Locke, then die themselves and restore order to the universe? I now like the idea that the island is underwater in the F815 timeline and perhaps, this is what life should have been and now is.

    I'm patiently awaiting the appearances of Widmore and Farraday in the F815 timeline.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Very nice summary, NPG!

    Some thoughts/questions...

    -How did we know from S5 finale that the smoke monster was Jacob's nemesis?
    -That's a very cool assessment of how the Black Rock wound up in the middle of the island. Probably not far off.
    -I kind of think that the Temple Others have been there the whole time. Something that has kind of bugged me is that when watching the second season over, Jin and Mr. Echo are the first ones to actually lay eyes on the Others. They're all barefoot, and there is a little girl dragging a teddy bear tied to a leash. Then, we you get to the village that the Others had taken from the Dharma people, they're all dressed in normal attire. Makes me think that the real Others were living somewhere else with their barefooted hippy brethren. And that was somewhat verified by the fact that the kids reappeared in the S6 opener at the Temple.
    -Juliet definitely had a connection with the F815 timeline.

    Can't wait to see where this goes.

    Oh, and I think Locke is the son of the devil. Random, but just watched the S2 episode where his dad fakes his own death, and then has Locke get $700,000 stowed away at a bank deposit. His dad fucks him over, yet a gain and ends up taking the money, as Locke is dumped by his gf he plans to propose to. Fallen angel. In the end, his last dying thoughts were, "I don't understand?"

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Significance of the cut on the neck? Anyone?
    Trying to figure that one out myself, haven't really hit on it yet.

    It's pretty clear from the producer interview that the F815 scenes are a parallel reality, not a flash forward or back, which was one of my biggest questions watching it.

    I immediately thought of Rose when MIB said that Locke was the only one who didn't want to leave. Not sure yet how that works in either, except that MIB may not be as all knowing as he thinks he is.

    I'm pretty sure we haven't seen any of the "Temple Others" before, but they have probably been there the whole time and Richard definitely has some connection to them. It's odd that MIB/smokie resided at the temple but was never a concern to Temple Others until now. Jacob must have somehow been the leash on the junkyard dog.

    MIB is probably taking Richard to the temple. To do what, I don't know.

    On the Dharma van--In previous episodes with timeshifting, objects they were touching shifted with them so I think the van did the same.


    Great episode, and ABC's streaming HD kicks ass!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's pretty clear from the producer interview that the F815 scenes are a parallel reality, not a flash forward or back, which was one of my biggest questions watching it.
    I'm assuming parallel to season one, when the original flight 815 crashed, not parallel to the events we're seeing on the island in season six which are something like three years later.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

    On the Dharma van--In previous episodes with timeshifting, objects they were touching shifted with them so I think the van did the same.


    Great episode, and ABC's streaming HD kicks ass!

    I don't know if anyone would recall, but Hurley and Sawyer drove the Dharma van around the island on a previous season (can't remember which one). That van isn't totally random, so I think it just kind of persisted to the point 30 yrs later. Plus, Sayid was leaning up against it. Would've been strange if it just disappeared. Either way, minor point.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    I think the van driven in past seasons was a different Dharma van. That was the one Ben was driving with his dad as unwitting passenger during the gas attack "purge." The van we saw in this season's premiere was new and shiny. The van Hurley drove around in past seasons was beat up looking.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BZ
    Posts
    241
    As a former VW owner I think is important that I speak up and say, its a bus not a van. I also thought it was especially funny when they attached a chain to the bumper and pulled off that steal beam. No way it would have done that. That bumper is held on by two bolts (that were rusty the day they rolled off the assembly line).

    I agree with NPG and say bring on Faraday, and his creepy mom. They seemed to have the island figured out.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Bump. Lost night... Hiyo

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,622
    How long after an ep airs does it show up on their website?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    4 8 15 16 23 42 seconds after it ends...

    Wait sorry, no clue

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,716
    More Island, less side world, please. Side world Kate is boring and not hot.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    More Island, less side world, please. Side world Kate is boring and not hot.
    I'm actually ok with side world. I think it's a return to the earlier years and connection to past life. Now, it's just side world life. They're definitely going somewhere with that and i'm intrigued.

    So I'm starting to doubt that Jacob is in Sayid's body. Sayid did mention some things that were fairly particular and I would be surprised if all the sudden they popped out and said, "Hey Jacob!" With that said, it's not out of the question that he could turn into someone/something as this "infection" progresses. Claire clearly got bitten by the bug too. Anyone else get goose bumps seeing crazy Claire?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BZ
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    So I'm starting to doubt that Jacob is in Sayid's body. Sayid did mention some things that were fairly particular and I would be surprised if all the sudden they popped out and said, "Hey Jacob!" With that said, it's not out of the question
    They might do the Sayid thing like they did the Locke thing where they allow him to keep his personality. He might even be able to get the plane folks to play along with the temple people. Just a thought.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,116
    I think the "infection" is the same one that caused the quarantine at the Swan station during the Dharma days and also infected Rousseau's team. What does everyone else think?

    Overall last night's episode wasn't great. We just didn't seem to learn that much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •