Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    why did the alt timeline start when Jack detonated the nuke?
    I think you're inferring it did because that's when they started showing it to us. I think Christian even said there is no concept of time in what we've called "the alternate timeline." In my opinion there's no evidence at all that the nuke was responsible for anything like a time schism.

How did the statue's foot end up underwater, i.e., at the beginning of the season? Are we to assume that Desmond turning off light caused that (when the island was falling apart), or at some later time - maybe after Hugo and Ben's time - that happened? Still confused about that.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Apparently the ending to the show was known since the very beginning:

http://lostmediamentions.blogspot.co...on-finale.html

(Update: 26th May I've spoken to ABC and they have confirmed that this person did use to work for ABC as an Intern but were released 3 years ago.)

But, from a more "behind the scenes" note: the reason Ben's not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people is because they wrote the ending to the show after writing the pilot. And never changed it. The writers always said (and many didn't believe them) that they knew their ending from the very first episode. I applaud them for that. It's pretty fantastic. Originally Ben was supposed to have a 3 episode arc and be done. But he became a big part of the show. They could have easily changed their ending and put him in the church -- but instead they problem solved it. Gave him a BRILLIANT moment with Locke outside the church ... and then that was it. I loved that. For those that wonder -- the original ending started the moment Jack walked into the church and touches the caske.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    if that afterlife sequence of events (the alternate universe) is what Jack wanted (what the other characters wanted), it's odd that he visioned himself in a broken (yet amicable) relationship with Juliet.
    And Sun ended up getting capped.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    Because the show was only supposed to run for three years, from day 1 the series had a reasonable ending but then the show became popular and ABC didn't want the money train ending that fast.

Cue people rewriting the story and that's how you end up with a full on shit show where shit doesn't make sense and all kinds of loose ends just get left unresolved.

I think the show had a real ending and then when it needed to be expanded the said aww shit this is too complicated lets just go the hell/purgatory thing because like the dream sequence ending it solves all problems.
    Exactly. When the pilot was first written, the island was supposed to be purgatory and they all died in the Oceanic 815 crash. Too many people guessed that and the writers even went out of their way to say "it's not purgatory". They put the alternate/sideways/purgatory timeline in the last season so people would say "hey if that's purgatory then that means the island must be real! Yay!" But when it was originally written, they all died in the crash. The whole thing was purgatory. The sideways timeline was just stage 2 of purgatory.

finally downloaded and watched it. its pretty rare for me to watch an entire season of any tv drama much less six seasons but i have to say lost entertained me from start to finish and i thought the finale was great. the only thing in lost that always made sense, that was constant and connected from episode to episode, storyline to storyline, season to season, was the characters and their relationships to and with one another. to have the season finale be about them all reconnecting was perfect imo even if it was schmaltzy.

i don't understand why people expected all kinds of answers and plot hole resolutions when in six seasons the show has never done that. it's not even remotely possible because the show makes no sense, its just a big silly convoluted mess. there are a million questions because they made it up as they went, connecting a couple of dots here and to make it look like there might be a way to explain things. even the big storylines like dharma, the hatch, the others, whitmore, the other others, leaving the island, coming back to the island, time travel, etc.. were ultimately nothing more than filler and red herrings. and it was great as long as you shut your brain off and just enjoyed the ride. the theme of the finale was letting go and moving on, ironically that's pretty much the only way to watch lost and enjoy it. i definitely enjoyed the ride, but i'll never re-watch a single minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    But, from a more "behind the scenes" note: the reason Ben's not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people
    Incorrect. Penny is in the church and she first appeared in the season two finale.

Sooooo lame.

Ok, i get that they wrote the ending in the beginign, that actually makes sense since it didn't tie into the rest of the last season AT ALL, it just happened.

The lame ass alternate reality became the main storyline? what happened to the actual main storyline? Pretty much nothing, it just ended.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Well, brosia and I are on The Island right now investigating the truth. We will report in...
    Well it was a long investigation fraught with dangers. We'll be posting our findings, but here is a glimpse at what we dealt with during a visit to the Others village:

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Welcome to my life.

I married a woman who eats curry for breakfast.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

advres Guest

Talking How Lost should have ended.

Saw this on Digg and giggled.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf4JlXtGj7g&feature=related"]YouTube- Previously On Lost 3: Life After Lost[/nomedia]
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Incorrect. Penny is in the church and she first appeared in the season two finale.
    Perhaps she was granted an exception due to her massive breasts.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I don't remember the timeline 100% but didn't we see a picture of Penny in Season 1?

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Saw this on Digg and giggled.

100% Win.